🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Democrats Defeat Chevron in Richmond, California

Amazon

Nov 9, 2014
Democrat Tom Butt was elected to the position of mayor in Richmond, California after narrowly beating out Chevron candidate Nad Bates. Jovanka Beckles, Eduardo Martinez and former Mayor Gayle McLaughlin were among the Democratic candidates to win seats on the City Council.

Chevron put up a good fight, outspending Democrats by nearly 30:1. In the end, however, money came in second to citizen’s rights. Despite paying for flyers, billboards and invasive phone calls to Richmond citizens, Chevron candidates lost at nearly every turn.

In 2012, a Chevron facility off the coast caught fire; pumping millions of pounds of toxic smoke into the area of Richmond, and that set the stage for a lawsuit against the corporate giant. The suit was upheld, and Chevron was assessed heavy penalties as a result. This year they backed candidates who promised to foster a more “friendly” relationship with the corporate terrorists, but in the end, common decency and concern for the collective good of the town won out over money.

The Chevron candidates spent a total of $3 million on the campaign, but a meager $58,000 budget, combined with common sense, allowed Democrat Tom Butt to defeat the corporate opposition.

Richmond is one of the country's great gang-banging shitholes, ranking right up there with Compton. It's also a well entrenched bastion of democrat corruption, graft, and sleaze.
and you know this how?

Ummm...because I was born and raised in San Francisco, spent most of my working life in Silicon Valley (San Jose, Mountain View, Menlo Park), and I don't go through life blindfolded and gagged like nearly all useful idiots do? Besides, what would Richmond have if not for petroleum-based jobs? The place would look like Detroit in very short order.

Richmond is one of the country's great gang-banging shitholes, ranking right up there with Compton. It's also a well entrenched bastion of democrat corruption, graft, and sleaze.
and you know this how?

Ummm...because I was born and raised in San Francisco, spent most of my working life in Silicon Valley (San Jose, Mountain View, Menlo Park), and I don't go through life blindfolded and gagged like nearly all useful idiots do? Besides, what would Richmond have if not for petroleum-based jobs? The place would look like Detroit in very short order.
DETRIOT is in the shape it's because of the oil business not in spite of it.
car manufacturing is petroleum-based.

That's an incredible back flip of logic. Actually, Detroit was burned down in the 60's by rioting black animals, and thus began the great downward spiral from which it never recovered. That's what happened to Detroit.

BTW Moron, that computer in front of your nose has many petrochemical-based components. Why are you using it?

That's an incredible back flip of logic. Actually, Detroit was burned down in the 60's by rioting black animals, and thus began the great downward spiral from which it never recovered. That's what happened to Detroit.

BTW Moron, that computer in front of your nose has many petrochemical-based components. Why are you using it?
that's the best line of bullshit I've heard all day ..

look coming out of the sewer! it's false assumption man!

Forum List

Back