Democrats face these major headwinds in 2022 elections

Aside from the historical trend of the opposition party gaining seats in midterm elections, the author discusses issues such as an uptick in violent crime, the border crisis, rising inflation, and critical race theory combined with their already slim majority, as issues that may work against Democrats keeping a majority in Congress after next year's elections.

While Trump supporters live in an echo chamber, as the OP demonstrates, the mood of the rest of the country is quite different.

What Trumpbots refuse to see is that while no one was crazy about Biden in 2020, but the vast majority of voters hated Trump. That's why Biden won by such a huge margin.

(Please don't even start on the 'election was stolen' BS - you know it's not true!)

Now the Jan. 6 attack on the capitol just increased the hatred for Trump.

What the Trumpbots don't understand is that by forcing the entire GOP to continue supporting Trump and the BIG LIE, the hatred and disgust people have with Trump is being pushed onto the entire GOP.

Many people voted for Biden, but voted Republican down ticket. Seeing how the GOP is acting now is going to change that in 2022. People want this Trump era nightmare to end, and if it takes kicking the entire GOP out of office - THEY WILL!!!

You can go back to your echo chamber now.
And you believe CCP / Dementia-Joe Received MILLIONS of more votes than Barak Obama.... :p

Aside from the historical trend of the opposition party gaining seats in midterm elections, the author discusses issues such as an uptick in violent crime, the border crisis, rising inflation, and critical race theory combined with their already slim majority, as issues that may work against Democrats keeping a majority in Congress after next year's elections.

While Trump supporters live in an echo chamber, as the OP demonstrates, the mood of the rest of the country is quite different.

What Trumpbots refuse to see is that while no one was crazy about Biden in 2020, but the vast majority of voters hated Trump. That's why Biden won by such a huge margin.

(Please don't even start on the 'election was stolen' BS - you know it's not true!)

What the Trumpbots don't understand is that by forcing the entire GOP to continue supporting Trump and the BIG LIE, the hatred and disgust people have with Trump is being pushed onto the entire GOP.

Many people voted for Biden, but voted Republican down ticket. Seeing how the GOP is acting now is going to change that in 2022. People want this Trump era nightmare to end, and if it takes kicking the entire GOP out of office - THEY WILL!!!

Cripes you're stupid, Dick

That's the best you can come up with?

Seriously?

Do you always go into a state of denial whenever you read something you don't like?

And you believe CCP / Dementia-Joe Received MILLIONS of more votes than Barak Obama.... :p

Yes, and he can thank Trump for it!

Do you seriously believe that Trump got more votes in 2020 than he did in 2016? :auiqs.jpg:

Seriously?

Do you always go into a state of denial whenever you read something you don't like?

I'm mocking you....think hard..."dick less"

Rational people assume other people are rational. Big mistake.

What, with the mainstream media, social media and public schools all convincing people that freedom is slavery and ignorance strength, I am not particularly optimistic about the midterms.

People respond to fear. Crime and the economy strike at fear and security, Yeah, the powers that be are obviously all in for the Dims, but people are not stupid. They know prices are going up and their neighborhoods are less safe. No amount of lying or ignoring by the media can cover that up.

And the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol gave people a sense of security and stilled their fears? :auiqs.jpg:

Can't wait for all the ads to roll out. This crazy Dim calls for "dismantling the police."

That will dim in comparison to the videos of the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol - and all the videos of the spineless weenie GOP pols that continue to lie about it.

Yeah, I think the video of the unarmed woman being shot in the back and killed should really help your team. :thup:

Seriously?

Not much of a mock....like everyone named Richard in the world hasn't heard that one a thousand times.

Now, please try, just try to say something intelligent and related to the subject.

But, then again, I doubt you're capable of that!

Seriously?

Not much of a mock....like everyone named Richard in the world hasn't heard that one a thousand times.

Now, please try, just try to say something intelligent and related to the subject.

Do you support the unarmed female protester on Jan 6th being shot in the back and killed? Just curious.

Well, Dick, were I a Trump supporter you might have a point, but since I never voted for him I'm not sure what you point is other than to demonstrate to all of us that you are exactly the partisan echo chamber dweller that you accused me of being, seeing as how you ignored every single point made in the article and went off on your emotional tangent.

While the Democrats will certainly try to capitalize on the events of January 6th and have plenty of ads with damning footage, as someone mentioned earlier, people have short memories and that goes the same for disgust and rage. I can assure you that when people are faced with rising grocery bills, commodity prices, rising crime in their neighborhoods, illegals being transported around the country at our expense, and the impression their kids are being taught to hate each other at school based on what they look like those things will be at the forefront of their thoughts when they go to vote, not January 6th. January 6th may play well to partisans like you, but I doubt it will play in Peoria given all the other issues directly affecting the average household.

Yes, if the Republicans run a bunch of Trump sycophants touting stolen elections it very well may cost them some progress they could have made, but that remains to be seen. I will remind you that the Republicans picked up about a dozen House seats even while Biden won the election. Right now I would put my bets on a near certain Republican majority in the House and possible slim Senate majority come January 2023, but lots can happen between now and then.

Can't wait for all the ads to roll out. This crazy Dim calls for "dismantling the police."

That will dim in comparison to the videos of the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol - and all the videos of the spineless weenie GOP pols that continue to lie about it.

Yeah, I think the video of the unarmed woman being shot in the back and killed should really help your team. :thup:

She was shot in the shoulder, dumbass.

And the vast majority of the people realize that she deserved what she got (We are talking about Babbit, right?)

Somehow that pales in comparison to the George Floyd murder.

Seriously?

I did, you flamed..... dick

She was shot in the shoulder, dumbass.

And the vast majority of the people realize that she deserved what she got (We are talking about Babbit, right?)

Somehow that pales in comparison to the George Floyd murder.

I doubt she did fentyal

The Democrats will make the 2022 election about Race.......as usual
They will make election reform laws about racism and Voting Rights.
But, the Dems have lied so much at Race that it might backfire on them this time.
Reasonable people know that the Democrats use voter fraud and election rigging to steal elections and deny people their Right to Vote.
The ballot audits are exposing the lies and crimes of the Dirty Democrats.

Well, Dick, were I a Trump supporter you might have a point, but since I never voted for him I'm not sure what you point is other than to demonstrate to all of us that you are exactly the partisan echo chamber dweller that you accused me of being, seeing as how you ignored every single point made in the article and went off on your emotional tangent.

While the Democrats will certainly try to capitalize on the events of January 6th and have plenty of ads with damning footage, as someone mentioned earlier, people have short memories and that goes the same for disgust and rage. I can assure you that when people are faced with rising grocery bills, commodity prices, rising crime in their neighborhoods, illegals being transported around the country at our expense, and the impression their kids are being taught to hate each other at school based on what they look like those things will be at the forefront of their thoughts when they go to vote, not January 6th. January 6th may play well to partisans like you, but I doubt it will play in Peoria given all the other issues directly affecting the average household.

Yes, if the Republicans run a bunch of Trump sycophants touting stolen elections it very well may cost them some progress they could have made, but that remains to be seen. I will remind you that the Republicans picked up about a dozen House seats even while Biden won the election. Right now I would put my bets on a near certain Republican majority in the House and possible slim Senate majority come January 2023, but lots can happen between now and then.

Your analysis is based on a 'Politics as Usual' approach. There is nothing usual about the politics of 2021, and that won't change by 2022.

People are very aware that we've just had an attempted coup by Trump. They're also aware that everything that the Dems do to help the American people is being blocked by the GOP.

Twenty years ago, most people didn't know or couldn't care about a thing called the 'Filibuster'. Today, everyone knows what it is and how it's being used.

What's more is non-white people have never felt so close to equality, yet painfully aware that they are still not being treated equally.

You'd better think back to the 1930s...a terrible economy, yet FDR was repeatedly reelected. Perhaps it's true that 'man cannot live by bread alone'!

We'll chalk that up to being your little secret.
People ascribe too much power to government to control the economy.

Inflation is high because of pent up demand and product shortages, especially when it comes to transportation which was utterly depressed this last year making the basis effect a little misleading.

It’s pretty predictable and doesn’t have much to do with government, but that won’t stop people from using it as a bludgeon.

Forum List

Back