Democrats Nailed In Sting Operation: Democrat Attorney General Drops Case

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
25002839_BG2.jpg

Kane Defends Decision Not To Prosecute Politicians In Sting Case

PHILADELPHIA -

Pennsylvania's Attorney General is defending her decision to drop the case against five Philadelphia Democrats entangled in a sting operation.

Attorney General Kathleen Kane held a press conference Monday. She says despite taped evidence of four representatives and a traffic court judge allegedly pocketing money or gifts from an informant, she won't prosecute because the investigation was "botched."

State Reps. Michelle Brownlee, Louise Bishop, Vanessa Brown, Ronald Waters and former Judge Tomasine Tynes allegedly took money and, in one instance a Tiffany bracelet, from an informant seeking favors, but they have not been charged.

The story broke in bold headlines in Sunday's Philadelphia Inquirer. It revealed an informant, facing criminal charges beginning in 2010 visited the politicians offering cash and the one gift in return for votes or favors.

All of the alleged transactions were recorded.

Kane says the case was racially-tainted. She also says other prosecutors and federal authorities have passed on prosecuting the matter.

Read more: Kane Defends Decision Not To Prosecute Politicians In Sting Case - Philadelphia News, Weather and Sports from WTXF FOX 29

Because all of the Democrats that were nabbed in the sting operation were black, the AG decided that the case was tainted and possibly racial.

It has to be racial. Course the only officials that took the bribes were black, even though the same offer was given to everyone, black and whites.

I'm holding my breath for the first claim that I'm a racist from members on the left.

Jeesh, I shouldn't even be talking about this stuff.

What was I thinking....

If you watch the video you'll see the AG claiming there was no racial claims but then a few seconds later she claims there was a possibility of racial targeting.

Which is it. Ether there is or their isn't. Make up your mind.

Last edited:
My bet is these people know things that superiors don't want others to know about.
You can smell the cover up from miles away.

Here is the real story and why the GOP in PA is going after her.

Republicans have been AWOL when Kane refused to do her job and defend the Commonwealth in a same sex marriage lawsuit. Her actions in this corruption case are much worse. Republicans control both of the legislative bodies and the governor’s office. The only remedy for this is to challenge her and her legal guards.

Dom Giordano Reacts To Philly DA?s Editoral On PA Attorney General « CBS Philly

Last edited:

Republicans have been AWOL when Kane refused to do her job and defend the Commonwealth in a same sex marriage lawsuit. Her actions in this corruption case are much worse. Republicans control both of the legislative bodies and the governor’s office. The only remedy for this is to challenge her and her legal guards.

If the governor is a Republican why is this woman SG.

She didn't back off because they were all "Black"; she backed off because they were all Democrats.

This story is growing like a Tsunami. It originated in Philadelphia but will soon become a major state-wide scandal, and national news.

She has recordings (not sure whether they are audio or video) of these legislators accepting cash bribes, and claims she can't prosecute them successfully because the one wearing the wire was a dirtbag.

I'm reminded of the expression, "Don't piss on my shoes and try to tell me it's raining." Prosecutors from all over the state, both Democrat and Republican have judiciously told journalists that with tapes of the accused caught in the act, they would find some way to make the juries forget about the scumbag wearing the wire and FOCUS ON THE ACCEPTED BRIBES ON THE TAPES! (The legislators do not deny taking the bribes, and are now only vulnerable for not having reported them - which could get them a mild reprimand from the legislature).

Kathleen Kane is an idiot and a political hack who was elected AG only on the basis that she is a photogenic Democrat woman.

In the aftermath of these revelations, she asked for a meeting with the editorial staff of the Philly Inquirer to discuss the subject. At the meeting she refused to speak, and instead had her attorney threaten the Inquirer with a libel lawsuit!

She has been hinting for months that she is "investigating" Governor Corbett's handling of the Gerry Sandusky case, and it is obvious that she is going to be publishing defamatory accusations immediately before the gubernatorial election this Fall - so that Corbett won't have time to defend himself before the election.

Can a women be a "scumbag" (used, discarded prophylactic), or is there another metaphoric insult that is more apropos? A "douchebag"? Maybe. I'll think about it.

I am comforted by the fact that TRUTH is an absolute defense to a charge of defamation.

But the republicans have been saying that Citizens United is a good thing because no one gets favors for contributions but heres a case where someone gave gifts for favors?

Ooohhh, they're democrats? Now I see why the OP flip flopped.

Prosecute them

If the governor is a Republican why is this woman SG.

Because she was elected to the position.

Im half tempted to run against her next time around.

But the republicans have been saying that Citizens United is a good thing because no one gets favors for contributions but heres a case where someone gave gifts for favors?

Prosecute them

Citizens United is a good thing because it upholds the First amendment right to free speech and struck down a statute prohibiting people from criticizing politicians before an election. You would know that if you actually bothered READING the decision.

But no. You prefer to pontificate on things you don't know and justify this injustice because the corruption benefits your political party.

Everyone in the world is ignorant. The difference between some people is that some people willfully stay ignorant, and some people try to educate themselves on the things they don't know.

Prosecute them

Wow!!

Insightful!

Not sure what your point was, but drive on bud.

Last edited:

So, it's the GOP's fault these guys took bribes and the AG decided not to punish her own.

Nice shaking of responsibility.:cuckoo:

So, it's the GOP's fault these guys took bribes and the AG decided not to punish her own.

Nice shaking of responsibility.:cuckoo:

Bush's Fault

Prosecute them

Citizens United is a good thing because it upholds the First amendment right to free speech and struck down a statute prohibiting people from criticizing politicians before an election. You would know that if you actually bothered READING the decision.

But no. You prefer to pontificate on things you don't know and justify this injustice because the corruption benefits your political party.

Everyone in the world is ignorant. The difference between some people is that some people willfully stay ignorant, and some people try to educate themselves on the things they don't know.

What did I say that was wrong?

Prosecute them

Republicans were offered the same bribes and turned them down. If they had accepted the bribes they would have been indicted too.

You didn't read the link. so STFU!!

Republicans were offered the same bribes and turned them down. If they had accepted the bribes they would have been indicted too.

You didn't read the link. so STFU!!

So, what did I say wrong again? Nothing right? :D

btw Thanks Avatar :doubt:

It's the same libs that make excuses for these liberal crooks, that want to hang members of the GOP without a spread of evidence.

Dishonest, disingenuous, hypocritical and lack conviction and principles.

Deflection....

So you have no issue with these people who were caught on tape taking bribes not being prosecuted for it? Of course you don't, they're democrats.......

Forum List

Back