Dems Move all-in: Protesters are Un-American

so, for those of you taking notes.. disruptive shouting down of democrats speaking about issues is GOOD while a mere 2 years ago we heard that disruptive pie throwing at Ann Coulter is BAD.

It's fucking hilarious how standards change from presidential term to the next.

Ann Coulter?

What does Coulter have to do with elected officials sworn to uphold the Constitution being unwilling to answer to the concerns of the citizens?

Are you attempting humor with your posts, or going straight for outright stupidity?

Stick to the actual issue - elected officials are running scared - uncertain on how to deal with significant voter unrest, and now lashing out against those they are elected to represent.

2010 is shaping up to be a very intersting midterm election cycle...

It's a DIRECT example of how flexible your standards are. When elected officials try to speak in public your kind leap from the rafters and scream down all conversations. Back when liberals were doing that same thing to your kind a mere 4 years ago YOUR KIND was busy crying that they were not being given the cnance to speak and comparing pie throwing college kids with fucking al queda.

I HOPE you think the dems are running scared, dude. seriously. Half assed tea baggers and bullhorn assholes are not any more impressive than the guy throwing pies at Ann Coulter behind a podium.

:thup:

Address the issue - elected officials appear unable to adequately address the concerns of the electorate, and some are now engaging in smearing these citizens.

Obama is engaging in an outright quid quo pro with the drug companies, who have promised up to $200 million in ad campaign spending to assist passage of Obamacare - despite the fact Obama ran on platform that opposed the undo influence of these same drug companies -and now has liberal Democrats upset over this turn of events.

Pelosi utilizes the term Nazis in describing concerned citizens - angering moderate Democrats from within her party who do not have the luxury of residing within ultra liberal Congressional districts.

All of this chaos has led to a near-20 point decline for Obama's administration...

45% Rate Obama Good or Excellent As A Leader, Down 19 Points From January - Rasmussen Reports™

Forty-five percent (45%) of U.S. voters now give President Obama good or excellent marks on leadership, down three points from last month and down 19 points from when he took office in January, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey.

After a lot of consideration on this issue, I have come to the conslusion that Nancy Pelosi is incapable of understanding the difference between a political operative and an average citizen and cannot comprehend people comming to a meeting on their own accord to express their outrage and concern. In her world people that do not have perfectly printed signs from SEIU or Acorn, or some union organization and matching shirts cannot constitute anything other than a "mob" because she is under the mistaken impression that you must be part of this "group think" mentality to actually be counted as an American. What is really amusing in all this is the fact that most Americans don't belong to any group and have every right to express their feelings at these townhalls because it is sometimes forgotten that those in congress work for us and not the other way around. What seems to be odd about all this is the missing element of the "champions " of the 1st Amendment where are they? It would seem that when one uses their rights it would depend now on what they happen to agree with as the measure of defense that they will get from those former champions of the right to speak out to paraphrase from Hillary Clinton. If you want to have a civil discussion where people shake their heads and smile and always agree then I suggest you make these townhalls invitation only for those who want it, however I suspect that in a lot of cases it would not sit well with the voters for some of not all of these people that represent us. The fact is everyday people disagree on this issue and they have every right to come and confront the very people who salaries they pay in any forum. If you happen to find this offense simply because you advocate for this issue then I suggest perhaps it might do some good to understand what sort of Govt. we actually have unless of course as a part of that advocacy you wish to have a different form of Govt.

After a lot of consideration on this issue, I have come to the conslusion that Nancy Pelosi is incapable of understanding the difference between a political operative and an average citizen and cannot comprehend people comming to a meeting on their own accord to express their outrage and concern. In her world people that do not have perfectly printed signs from SEIU or Acorn, or some union organization and matching shirts cannot constitute anything other than a "mob" because she is under the mistaken impression that you must be part of this "group think" mentality to actually be counted as an American. What is really amusing in all this is the fact that most Americans don't belong to any group and have every right to express their feelings at these townhalls because it is sometimes forgotten that those in congress work for us and not the other way around. What seems to be odd about all this is the missing element of the "champions " of the 1st Amendment where are they? It would seem that when one uses their rights it would depend now on what they happen to agree with as the measure of defense that they will get from those former champions of the right to speak out to paraphrase from Hillary Clinton. If you want to have a civil discussion where people shake their heads and smile and always agree then I suggest you make these townhalls invitation only for those who want it, however I suspect that in a lot of cases it would not sit well with the voters for some of not all of these people that represent us. The fact is everyday people disagree on this issue and they have every right to come and confront the very people who salaries they pay in any forum. If you happen to find this offense simply because you advocate for this issue then I suggest perhaps it might do some good to understand what sort of Govt. we actually have unless of course as a part of that advocacy you wish to have a different form of Govt.

:clap2:

In an op-ed in USAToday, Nancy Pelosi, the Speaker who turned off the lights in Congress when Republicans wanted to speak and will not allow Republicans to put forth amendments to bills wrote:

"Drowning out opposing views is simply un-American. Drowning out the facts is how we failed at this task for decades."

Calling ordinary middle-class citizens who do not want the government to nationalize health care or to have access to our bank accounts or to call a "Health Care Hotline" run be Euthanasia enthusiast Ezekiel Emanuel (Health Care Operator "Hello, how may I convince you to end your health care dollar consuming life?") is now un-American.

Dems may not like this showdown, but then they should have thought about that before raising the stakes and committing to having the government takeover our health care.

'Un-American' attacks can't derail health care debate - Opinion - USATODAY.com

I call their all in bluff and raise them their track record on govt programs such as social security, medicare/cade, iraq WMD, Native american health care, VA hospitals, Cash For Clunkers not initially funded, ignoring 9/11 intelligence....shall I go on with the other areas our govt has failed us all?

It seems pretty stupid to put the same nitwits who cant get all that right in charge of my health care.

It seems even more moronic for people to be supporting them doing it while only 20% actually approve of congress in general.

In an op-ed in USAToday, Nancy Pelosi, the Speaker who turned off the lights in Congress when Republicans wanted to speak and will not allow Republicans to put forth amendments to bills wrote:

"Drowning out opposing views is simply un-American. Drowning out the facts is how we failed at this task for decades."

Calling ordinary middle-class citizens who do not want the government to nationalize health care or to have access to our bank accounts or to call a "Health Care Hotline" run be Euthanasia enthusiast Ezekiel Emanuel (Health Care Operator "Hello, how may I convince you to end your health care dollar consuming life?") is now un-American.

Dems may not like this showdown, but then they should have thought about that before raising the stakes and committing to having the government takeover our health care.

I call their all in bluff and raise them their track record on govt programs such as social security, medicare/cade, iraq WMD, Native american health care, VA hospitals, Cash For Clunkers not initially funded, ignoring 9/11 intelligence....shall I go on with the other areas our govt has failed us all?

It seems pretty stupid to put the same nitwits who cant get all that right in charge of my health care.

It seems even more moronic for people to be supporting them doing it while only 20% actually approve of congress in general.[/QUOTE]

Another great post!

I asked that very question the other day! For eight years I heard my liberal colleagues bemoan the "idiot government" the "corrupt government", the "wasteful government", etc.

And now some of those same liberals (others now oppose Obamacare) are supporting this same government controlling health care? The degree of absurdity is astounding! Government run health care means Congress will control it - and Congress has historically low approval ratings - why in hell would you hand them the powers of your personal health coverage??

Okay I'm in on that one.. let's start with this Govt. program shall we..

Baker goes on to suggest that before Amtrak can achieve financial success, it will need to get its financial books in order. In the post-Enron days of corporate accountability, states Baker, "Amtrak's finances should be at least if not more transparent to its stakeholders, the American taxpayer." Baker urged legislation that would hold Amtrak to the same financial reporting standards as private corporations.

Some of the ongoing questions raised in the AWG report that Amtrak management will be called on to answer include:

Where is Amtrak’s comprehensive mission statement to guide the corporation?

Why hasn’t Amtrak implemented a financial disclosure program to make its operations transparent to the Congress, its creditors, and the public?

Why doesn’t Amtrak have a comprehensive cost control strategy considering it is losing over $1 billion annually?

Why does Amtrak allow a bridge on the Northeast Corridor to fall into disrepair while wasting tens of millions of dollars on inefficient operations?

Why hasn’t Amtrak adjusted its route system in over a decade to align it with market demands?

Why does Amtrak’s in-house legal office consistently fail to follow its own billing guidelines?
Trouble ahead, trouble behind
In November 2005, a two-year investigation by the Government Accountability Office (GAO) into Amtrak’s management and spending practices concluded “while Amtrak has recently reduced costs, revenues are declining faster than costs, leading to operating losses exceeding $1 billion annually. These losses are projected to grow by 40 percent within four years; no effective corporatewide cost containment strategy exists to address them.”

Numerous procurement abuses, inadequate financial controls and questionable spending, uncovered by the GAO led them to predict that Amtrak’s current $1 billion annual operating loss will increase by $400 million a year by the year 2009.
Lawmakers Find Amtrak Must Change to Survive

This program has been in existance since 1971, and has never met it's goal of being self-reliant. In fact as part of a promise made for funding the Acela rail project during the Clinton Administration Amtrak makde the promise to be self-reliant by 2003. We can all see where that one went. This is one of many many Govt. programs that are outright mismanaged, overspent, not needed, etc. and then become bastions for funding abuses. The Govt. has a long track record of this, and you think the Govt. can run a public option healthcare when it's awarded the Air Force Tanker program, not once , not twice, but three times, in 10 years and so far has yet to produce one aircraft for the Air Force and cost the taxpayer 250 million dollars in program costs, legal fee's, etc.

Navy1960

Baker goes on to suggest that before Amtrak can achieve financial success, it will need to get its financial books in order. In the post-Enron days of corporate accountability, states Baker, "Amtrak's finances should be at least if not more transparent to its stakeholders, the American taxpayer." Baker urged legislation that would hold Amtrak to the same financial reporting standards as private corporations.

Some of the ongoing questions raised in the AWG report that Amtrak management will be called on to answer include:

Why hasn’t Amtrak implemented a financial disclosure program to make its operations transparent to the Congress, its creditors, and the public?

Why doesn’t Amtrak have a comprehensive cost control strategy considering it is losing over $1 billion annually?

Why does Amtrak allow a bridge on the Northeast Corridor to fall into disrepair while wasting tens of millions of dollars on inefficient operations?

Why hasn’t Amtrak adjusted its route system in over a decade to align it with market demands?

Why does Amtrak’s in-house legal office consistently fail to follow its own billing guidelines?
In November 2005, a two-year investigation by the Government Accountability Office (GAO) into Amtrak’s management and spending practices concluded “while Amtrak has recently reduced costs, revenues are declining faster than costs, leading to operating losses exceeding $1 billion annually. These losses are projected to grow by 40 percent within four years; no effective corporatewide cost containment strategy exists to address them.”

Numerous procurement abuses, inadequate financial controls and questionable spending, uncovered by the GAO led them to predict that Amtrak’s current $1 billion annual operating loss will increase by $400 million a year by the year 2009.

This program has been in existance since 1971, and has never met it's goal of being self-reliant. In fact as part of a promise made for funding the Acela rail project during the Clinton Administration Amtrak makde the promise to be self-reliant by 2003. We can all see where that one went. This is one of many many Govt. programs that are outright mismanaged, overspent, not needed, etc. and then become bastions for funding abuses. The Govt. has a long track record of this, and you think the Govt. can run a public option healthcare when it's awarded the Air Force Tanker program, not once , not twice, but three times, in 10 years and so far has yet to produce one aircraft for the Air Force and cost the taxpayer 250 million dollars in program costs, legal fee's, etc.

I've been trying to point out exactly this problem since the idea of goverment sponsored/controlled health care was introduced by Clinton. Basically name one major government imposed social program that has stayed within initially projected cost then had not proceeded to outstrip expected annual maintenance costs by a minimum of 10%, creating an ever burgeouning cost to taxpayers.

bush-nazi.jpg

I'm just wondering when all this was going on, was the same level of outrage expressed then?

"Drowning out opposing views is simply un-American." -- Nancy Pelosi, the world's leading expert and practitioner of un-American activities

Breitbart.tv » Pelosi Shuts Off Lights, Mics While Republicans Still Holding Drilling Debate

AND:

Pelosi forgets how it was "democracy in action".. and how she was "energized by it, frankly." When there were hecklers and people shouting her down about the war...

At several points, a woman disrupted the event with a long rant urging Pelosi to stop bulldozers from knocking down New Orleans houses damaged by Hurricane Katrina. The audience booed her and told her to be quiet.

But Pelosi never summoned help from police or security. She negotiated with the hecklers and at times even thanked the protesters for their advocacy and enthusiasm.

"It's always exciting,'' she told reporters after the meeting. "This is democracy in action. I'm energized by it, frankly."

Read more:

SAN FRANCISCO / Anti-war activists take Pelosi to task / Minority leader negotiates with lawmakers to her right

Crowds trained by political operativs to scream out in public meetings in oder to prevent rational discussions are NOT "ordinary middle-class citizens".

How do I know this?

I used to be one of those political operatives.

dont let the left of Centerist Voice hear you say this....he will call the feds....and put you on ignore....:eusa_eh:

The difference shogun idiot child is really simple hitting some one with anything be it custard or ball bat is assault. And your Bozos are getting every opportunity to speak it is only after they start spouting the same trite tired leftist jargon that the protesters begin to lose patience with them.

Obama got elected largely because McCain and Bush adopted a big government solution - TARP - that ole Barry dodged before the election like a matador in front of 2000 pounds of fighting bull. After being elected Il Duce embraced it like a long lost brother and added even more BS on to it.

Like all the other idiot leftist you bought into the retarded notion that the country had taken a left turn when in fact it went hunting any port in a storm from excessive federal spending only to discover that Obama rather than being a port was a giant sinkhole transfering American wealth to China at an alarming rate. The American people got fooled once it won't happen again. At least not by uncle barry.

I cannot help but wonder how many posters here would have a problem with some other person's child behaving in that manner in a classroom while their children are trying to get an education.

The videos remind me of an out of control classroom. Those who want to learn and ask questions are having their time and effort STOLEN by those out of control screamers....regardless of what side they support.
I wonder how many parents here would have a problem with children spending money they don't have on things they don't need, as Obama and his government are trying to do.

It's a shame that some on the left have stooped to using GOP rhetoric from 2005.
You should just sticky this to the top of the forum until some of these numbskulls get it.

Whenever you try to marginalize, demonize and ultimety call protestors phoney and unamerican you've lost whatever debate was going on.

Amtrak and rail can be self-reliant when we make roads self reliant. Until then, don't bitch about subsidies to rail because they are significantly less than subsidies to roads.

It's a shame that some on the left have stooped to using GOP rhetoric from 2005.
You should just sticky this to the top of the forum until some of these numbskulls get it.

Whenever you try to marginalize, demonize and ultimety call protestors phoney and unamerican you've lost whatever debate was going on.

"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel."

It seems even more moronic for people to be supporting them doing it while only 20% actually approve of congress in general.

Yes, instead of Medicare, we should have lots of elderly people dying in the streets. Much better system.

Medicare actually works quite well. Much better than private insurance, and is very popular. But of course its a failure because....well Republicans say so!

Amtrak and rail can be self-reliant when we make roads self reliant. Until then, don't bitch about subsidies to rail because they are significantly less than subsidies to roads.
Obviously you completely missed the analogy.

Forum List

Back