Dems Say No State Funding For Your Schoolkids If School Mascot Offends Indian Tribes

Colorado elected a Democratic majority in their state legislature. They deserve this.

Here is who I am for you folks that think we Indians are deadbeats.
I was born and raised in north eastern South Dakota on a farm close to a little town called Peever. I am the son of a man whom married a 'halfbreed' grandson to a man who was all Sisseton Waupeton Dakota Sioux. I served 21 years in the United States Army, I am a Ranger. I now am the operations manager of the second largest coal fired facility in the WECC. That would the be the western energy coordinating council for those too stupid to know where their electricity comes from. The men and women that work at our facility power the greater north west. I am a staunch conservative. I have a Masters in Mechanical Engineering, a Masters in elk hunting, and a PHD in destroying stupid people.

Next clown please.

HAHAHA. If you had any brains you'd know it's stupid to list your accomplishments on the internet. No one believes a word of it.

Well I will not comment on your amount of brains or lack there of. I will say this, when one paints with such a broad brush, one deserves to get it shoved up his arse. Sideways.

At any point you wish to 'test' anything I have just said, my accomplishments are a matter of public record and with that, I am sure you can tell me just what a bunch of welfare bums, we Indians are.

I will not argue that we as a people are in a welfare state. In fact if you wish to actually have a logical discussion on how it came to that and what we as a people need to do to get out of it, I would be happy to engage you. Keep on as you are and I will simply crush you with your own level of stupidity.

Just because one is a moron, does not mean one should demonstrate it openly for the entire world.

I'm game for a logical discussion.

You mentioned part of your heritage, "I am the son of a man whom married a 'halfbreed' grandson to a man who was all Sisseton Waupeton Dakota Sioux." For a person like me, reading this, it seems odds to talk about your father who married a halfbreed. Things seem a bit garbled with the rest of the sentence because the lack of a comma suggests two men married each other. Anyways, I'm assuming that you reach back into your family tree in order to find the point where your ancestry intersects with Indian ancestry. This seems to make you 1/4th Indian, right?

The actual fractions don't much matter for my question, which is this, why do you identify as Native American, as you seem to do, instead of just American or as Estonian-American or whatever constitutes other parts of your ancestry?

I know a guy who is 1/2 Serb and another who are 1/4 or 1/8 Ukrainian (I can't remember exactly) and the Serb, years ago, remarked that the crazy stuff going on in Yugoslavia had nothing to do with him and he didn't identify with the people at all. His father was a Serb immigrant. The Ukrainian was just recently saying the same thing about what is going on in the Ukraine and he doesn't much pay attention to those happenings. His people are George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, etc.

So what's the appeal of claiming Indian identity if it's so small a part of your ancestry?

LOL nice... Fractions matter not at all, and for that matter comma's do not either. Genetics however do. No I am if you use basic math an eighth. But we all know genetics do not actually work that way. Well not by basic fractional math anyway.

That being said, I consider myself a Nielsen. A Nielsen that is 'part' Dakota, and Part Dane.

It is not a 'small' part of my family, I still participate in my family, both sides, right down to dancing and eating lutafisk.

I guess if you figure my dad married a guy and produced children then I can understand your confusion as to why fractional genetics are confusing you...

Half serb... that is some funny shit right there.

Being part anything, including Cherokee which I am part, doesn't really have any meaning to me so when I talk to my wife who is 100% Choctaw I feel comfortable making non PC jokes and it wouldn't offend me in the least if someone made a joke about me. Just not how I roll. This PC crap is silly.

Being part anything, including Cherokee which I am part, doesn't really have any meaning to me so when I talk to my wife who is 100% Choctaw I feel comfortable making non PC jokes and it wouldn't offend me in the least if someone made a joke about me. Just not how I roll. This PC crap is silly.

Yep.

I am a Dumbass scandahoovian, or a blanket ass. Or a Millwright, or a stupid ass Engineer.

I could care less about any 'fun' poked at any of that. I am very comfortable with who I am and who my children are and am more concerned with where they are going.

Actually I am more comfortable when being poked at, lets me know folks are comfortable with me.

LOL nice... Fractions matter not at all, and for that matter comma's do not either. Genetics however do. No I am if you use basic math an eighth. But we all know genetics do not actually work that way. Well not by basic fractional math anyway.

That being said, I consider myself a Nielsen. A Nielsen that is 'part' Dakota, and Part Dane.

It is not a 'small' part of my family, I still participate in my family, both sides, right down to dancing and eating lutafisk.

I guess if you figure my dad married a guy and produced children then I can understand your confusion as to why fractional genetics are confusing you...

Half serb... that is some funny shit right there.

That was one hell of a sentence, I must admit, quite poetic too. Say it without the comma and it rolls off the tongue, all epic like, except for the part about two dudes getting married, but it was one heck of an oral ancestry.

I'd be honored if I had a kid who played for a team named the "braves". Redskins? Not so much, but it is still not that big a deal and definitely not any of the federal government's biz.

Maybe injuns used to be brave but now they're just drunken bums living off the white man. "Ugg. Me demand more welfare wampum. Buy firewater from whiteyes."

Screw the indians. Why do we worship these useless deadbeats? And why do we apologize for what we did to them?. They chose to go to war with americans and they lost the war. If they had won the war they'd still be celebrating.
We did...for over 200 years.

Screw the indians. Why do we worship these useless deadbeats? And why do we apologize for what we did to them?. They chose to go to war with americans and they lost the war. If they had won the war they'd still be celebrating.
We did...for over 200 years.

But not anymore. Now they're "victims" and we, the victors, owe them a huge debt!!! Hang all injuns.

So...would this include the Red Mesa High School Redskins?

(Note: Red Mesa HS is approximately 90% Navajo!)

Dems love to make an big deal on stuff that doesnt need to be.. They do this so we look away of the real problems in this nation, like ISIS, Record people on food stamps, Unemployment , ect

A bunch of drunken serial welfare bums laying around on a reservation have to ok your mascot now!!

Dems Try to Kill Funding for Schools with Native American Mascots - Michael Schaus - Townhall Finance Conservative Columnists and Financial Commentary - Page 1

sep 12 2014
Political correctness is apparently more important than educating children. At least that’s the message Itake away from a Colorado Democrat’s plan to defund schools that have “unauthorized” mascots. Wielding the self-righteous tomahawk of political correctness, Democrat Joe Salazar has decided to leverage Colorado’s pawns kids as a bargaining chip in his effort to rid the world of “offensive” Native American mascots.

Under the Thornton legislator’s plan, schools will be required to seek permission from Native American tribes for their western-themed mascots, or go without any state funding.

PC crap? No one is forcing you to be PC. If you want to call a black person a nig*er just grow a pair and go for it. You will not be arrested.

I'm waiting for PETA to file lawsuit against the Miami Dolphins on the Dolphins behalf saying that Dolphins are not happy being associated with such a violent sport....

Gwenth Paltrow would be a suitable spokesperson for the Dolphin Nation.....

Or maybe Michelle Obama can step in if Gwenth declines.

Forum List

Back