Dems want new controls on journalists

“But here is the bottom line – the media shield law, which I am prepared to support, and I know Sen. Graham supports, still leaves an unanswered question, which I have raised many times: What is a journalist today in 2013? We know it’s someone that works for Fox or AP, but does it include a blogger? Does it include someone who is tweeting? Are these people journalists and entitled to constitutional protection? We need to ask 21st century questions about a provision that was written over 200 years ago.”
Read more at Rush: Dems want new controls on journalists

looks like anyone posting on an open forum like USMessageBoard is going to need a license, as old Dickhead "Turbin" Durbin wants !!

you liarberal clowns and your slave masters never cease to amuse me. :laugh2:

Why don't you google "media shield law" and actually take the time to read about it and understand it before you swallow Rush's horse manure--hook, line, and sinker.

Has nothing to do with licensing people posting on internet message boards.

Why does Obama believe we need a law to protect journalists from the Obama administration?

Hey, TM, the question is still pending, who are all these brilliant, respected journalists that the Bush WH kept out?
I'm thinking this is what its talking about.

Helen-Thomas-38119-1-402.jpg

Hey, TM, the question is still pending, who are all these brilliant, respected journalists that the Bush WH kept out?
I'm thinking this is what its talking about.

Helen-Thomas-38119-1-402.jpg

yep, and here is the why -

Lanny Davis, the former White House Counsel for President Bill Clinton, weighed in on the Helen Thomas controversy today, calling her an “an anti-Semitic bigot.”

“Helen Thomas, who I used to consider a close friend and who I used to respect, has showed herself to be an anti-Semitic bigot. This is not about her disagreement about her criticisms of Israel. She has a right to criticize Israel and that is not the same as being an anti-Semite,” Davis said in a statement.

Last week, Thomas, the 89-year-old White House Press Corps dean who has covered every president since Dwight Eisenhower, said in an interview that Israelis should "get the hell out of Palestine" and "go back home to Poland, Germany, America and everywhere else." She made the remarks during a Jewish Heritage Month celebration event at the White House.
Former Clinton counsel Lanny Davis calls reporter Helen Thomas an anti-semite over Israel comments - NYPOST.com

And many of our libertarians here are pro-Thomas and emulate her bigotry.

“But here is the bottom line – the media shield law, which I am prepared to support, and I know Sen. Graham supports, still leaves an unanswered question, which I have raised many times: What is a journalist today in 2013? We know it’s someone that works for Fox or AP, but does it include a blogger? Does it include someone who is tweeting? Are these people journalists and entitled to constitutional protection? We need to ask 21st century questions about a provision that was written over 200 years ago.”

looks like anyone posting on an open forum like USMessageBoard is going to need a license, as old Dickhead "Turbin" Durbin wants !!

Do you understand what the Shield law is?

Seriously?

:eusa_eh:

Why don't you google "media shield law" and actually take the time to read about it and understand it before you swallow Rush's horse manure--hook, line, and sinker.

Has nothing to do with licensing people posting on internet message boards.

Why does Obama believe we need a law to protect journalists from the Obama administration?

The shield law predates the Obama administration.

And it's republicans that constantly block it. Along with stronger whistle blower protections.

US Senator "unsure" if Blogging is covered under Free Speech.

You see how far you've fallen? Of course you don't.

To the best of my knowledge, the First Amendment doesn't apply solely to journalists.

You are correct!

Amendment I - Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Durbin asks a rhetorical, but very legitimate question, and suddenly it becomes a Congressionally mandated license for journalist's?

Are you and Rush really in control our your own brains?

seriously, you think you folks can go around attacking other folks and not get kicked metaphorically in the face.

grow up

since when have I been a libertarian?

I don't care if you are or not. Attack others stupidly and mean-spiritedly and then whine when you get the same?

Step up or step off.

What the heck does that have to do with the topic at hand? Seems you have a chip on your shoulder this morning... Maybe some displaced anger...

Forum List

Back