Denmark Decides to Make It ‘More Attractive to Work’

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
I'm confused. I thought Denmark was a left winger's wet dream, a redistributive Uptopia where everyone is so happy to pay the highest tax burden in the western world, according to all the Occupy Democrats Internet memes.

“With this proposal, we’re tackling a number of concrete challenges,” Finance Minister Kristian Jensen said in the statement. “We’re increasing the gains associated with working, we’re making it more attractive to work more and we’re ensuring that it’s more worthwhile to save up toward retirement.”

I'm confused. I thought Denmark was a left winger's wet dream, a redistributive Uptopia where everyone is so happy to pay the highest tax burden in the western world, according to all the Occupy Democrats Internet memes.

“With this proposal, we’re tackling a number of concrete challenges,” Finance Minister Kristian Jensen said in the statement. “We’re increasing the gains associated with working, we’re making it more attractive to work more and we’re ensuring that it’s more worthwhile to save up toward retirement.”

What many people clearly don't understand is that there is a point of equilibrium at which government can become too generous and too restrictive, and a point where it isn't generous and restrictive enough.

Denmark sees this. They went over the line, and now they're correcting. Good for them.

The article goes on to say the jobless rate is only 3.5%. That would seem to indicate that most people do work. The issue seems to be of getting more money circulating through the economy through private spending. :dunno:

What many people clearly don't understand is that there is a point of equilibrium at which government can become too generous and too restrictive, and a point where it isn't generous and restrictive enough.

Denmark sees this. They went over the line, and now they're correcting. Good for them.

I prefer government do what the collective require in order for the private individual and free market to go forward and compete. So, security, regulations to protect (not burden), law and order, justice and human rights among other functions. When it comes to the marketplace, stay out of it and let businesses determine freely how to work with minimal intervention (notice I said minimal, not complete run amok without following laws and regulations).

If you look at the history of American economic dominance, it is almost exclusively due to the efforts of the individual, especially in regards to great inventions. From Ford and the Wright Brothers, to Jobs and Gates. The desire to pursue dreams, apply talents for personal achievement are what have made America the nation to envy. Communists have proven that their ideology is a failure.

LMFAO...

Forum List

Back