Desantisclaus to give Disney all its tax breaks back

The link doesn't even discuss the bill. The post is based on "an analysis" by somebody named Shane Trejo. DeSantis is legit, the post is fraudulent.

bigleaugepolitics.com has been described as "far right" and I give it about as much credence as Zero Hedge.

I never use either as a source.

I suspect it's just a hit piece on DeSantis because they like Trump.

The link doesn't even discuss the bill. The post is based on "an analysis" by somebody named Shane Trejo. DeSantis is legit, the post is fraudulent.

TALLAHASSEE — After months of intrigue, Florida lawmakers will meet in special session next week to consider a plan to reverse their decision to dissolve Walt Disney World’s special taxing district and instead approve a state board to oversee it.

Florida lawmakers to hold special session to consider state-run board for Disney tax district

That article is misleading as hell.

The new bill just passed by the House (that DeSantis pushed) does three things:

1. The Reedy Creek Development District will now be run by State appointees, not Disney employees. Among other things that means no more free ride on environmental and wetlands permits.

2. Disney is responsible for any debt past, present and future from Reedy Creek.

3. The State, County and Cities will now be able to tax Disney for any of their cost because of Disney's impact.

That last one is a biggy. Before it was that the government could only get Disney money through indirect taxation of the tourists. Now they can tax Disney directly and you can bet those Democrats running Orlando and Orange County will tap the keys to the Disney Treasury.

Go woke, go broke. Disney messed with the wrong people. Florida ain't Hollywood.

You have to understand the financial impact that Disney has in the central part of Florida. If you're the Governor of Florida the last thing you want to do is put Disneyworld out of business. The result would be devasting to the local economy of Orlando. So DeSantis gave Disney a wake up call about what woke policies would mean and then backed off. I'm pretty sure that Disney got the message both from DeSantis and from the public in general.

You have to understand the financial impact that Disney has in the central part of Florida. If you're the Governor of Florida the last thing you want to do is put Disneyworld out of business. The result would be devasting to the local economy of Orlando. So DeSantis gave Disney a wake up call about what woke policies would mean and then backed off. I'm pretty sure that Disney got the message both from DeSantis and from the public in general.

Much like the op you're wrong.

Difference is he is wrong because he posted a incredibly unreliable and no name source and even then didn't actually read it, he just skimmed it, made an assumption and ran with it.

You're wrong because you didn't read it, read the op's headline and said a bunch of stuff you created on the fly in your head because "it sounded good".

Forum List

Back