Dick Durbin:No self respecting hunter in his home state would use an ar-47

Dick Durbin Says No Self-Respecting Sportsman Uses an 'AR-47' to Hunt Deer in Illinois - BuzzPo
We know dick, we know LOL

Secondly, under state law, it’s illegal to hunt deer in Illinois with any rifle. Let alone ‘Dick’s’ fictitious ‘AR-47.’ Illinois has a whitetail archery season, muzzle loader season and a shotgun season. But no rifle season. Sorry again Dick.
When did shotguns stop being rifles?

Is that a serious question?! Uh, dude, they never were rifles. Shotguns have smooth bores. Rifles have spirally grooved barrels. It's known as rifling.
They should be called fire sticks then.....

Most of the left wing sightings of the AK-47 are really the SKS which fires a different round and is semi-automatic but most left wing sissies wouldn't know what semi-automatic is anyway.

Unless what you're attempting to kill is T.rex or that thing in Triassic world.
Lets say for the sake of argument there was a Jurassic Park and you were hunting a 10 ton T-Rex with your AK-47 loaded with 7.62mm rounds.
The top photo is a round used for hunting Elephants. the bottom is a round used with a AK-47.

round.jpg

So you think that is more powerful than the average sporting rifle.?
If the gun is chambered in.223 makes it a poor deer rifle,just not enough knock down power.calibers in that range are considered varmint rounds.

I would. I bought a 5 round magazine several boxes of 150 grain soft points just for that purpose. The deer are coming, the deer are coming....

Why do you choose to remain ignorant? I seriously doubt that an AK round would do much more than piss off a T-Rex.

Yeah, maybe you could kill one with an AK if you got lucky and were able to unload a mag in it's head, but I dunno....I think all the while you were shooting it, it would be running at you with both it's widdle biddy hands giving you the finger...

I would. I bought a 5 round magazine several boxes of 150 grain soft points just for that purpose. The deer are coming, the deer are coming....
Don't believe you can get a 150 grain bullet in .223? Pretty sure 90 is about as heavy made.

.223 is a poor round to use on deer,oh sure you certianly can kill a deer with one just not heavy enough. Hi

Don't believe you can get a 150 grain bullet in .223? Pretty sure 90 is about as heavy made.

.223 is a poor round to use on deer,oh sure you certianly can kill a deer with one just not heavy enough. Hi

I was talking about a .30 cal AK.

I was talking about a .30 cal AK.
My bad,that will knock em down.

Dick Durbin Says No Self-Respecting Sportsman Uses an 'AR-47' to Hunt Deer in Illinois - BuzzPo

Secondly, under state law, it’s illegal to hunt deer in Illinois with any rifle. Let alone ‘Dick’s’ fictitious ‘AR-47.’ Illinois has a whitetail archery season, muzzle loader season and a shotgun season. But no rifle season. Sorry again Dick.

No self respecting man wouldn't have an AR47 or something of the like handy to protect his family.

Lets say for the sake of argument there was a Jurassic Park and you were hunting a 10 ton T-Rex with your AK-47 loaded with 7.62mm rounds.
The top photo is a round used for hunting Elephants. the bottom is a round used with a AK-47.

View attachment 78596

No way is that an AK47 round. I owned one, I know.

Here is a true AK round:

russian-ammo.jpg

When did shotguns stop being rifles?

Do you even know what the term "rifle" means?

It is not a shotgun because a shotgun has a smooth bore, which is not rifled.

View attachment 78596

Oh, come on! You know that thing in the upper photo is Hillary's vibrator!

View attachment 78596

No way is that an AK47 round. I owned one, I know.

Here is a true AK round:

russian-ammo.jpg
You may be right I don't know much about the commercial version of the AK-47 you owned I mostly fired the SKS and real military weapons like the M-16, M249, and M2. I put up a graphical representation because so silly poster thinks an AK-47 round could be used to hunt dinosaurs.

You mean AK-47 when thinking about an AR-15 and both are short range semi-auto rifles no good for hunting deer when using armor piercing rounds.