Did Pelosi give up a 2nd $1200 stimulus check when she refused to back off $600/mo in UI and aid to States?

My family needs the UI supplement extension. Pelosi got punked because no one could have expected Trump to claim he could use EOs to do what he claimed. But she denied Trump being able to claim he saved anything. People are going to suffer for 6-7 weeks, but … It's always some positive if Trump lies to people and gets caught in the lie
what kind of pork was in pelosis bill?...
first of all, most "need" is qualified.

My largest objection to the dems' position is "untethered" aid to states. I'm all for bipartisan agreement in helping states get past recession budget deficits in Medicaid matches, special education matches, and supplementing UI … and even paying state portions of UI when the insurance pools run dry.

Mitch complains that states like Ill and NY have unfunded pension liabilities worse than small red states. And taht's true. It's also why the red states got tired of SALT tax deductions. but it's also true that red states, particularly small red states, can't meet federal matches in recessions without making deep cuts in docs nurses and teachers.

Ask Nancy to remove Blue City bailouts.
Only if red city bailouts are included
States. Fla hospitals are ehm
My family needs the UI supplement extension. Pelosi got punked because no one could have expected Trump to claim he could use EOs to do what he claimed. But she denied Trump being able to claim he saved anything. People are going to suffer for 6-7 weeks, but … It's always some positive if Trump lies to people and gets caught in the lie

My largest objection to the dems' position is "untethered" aid to states. I'm all for bipartisan agreement in helping states get past recession budget deficits in Medicaid matches, special education matches, and supplementing UI … and even paying state portions of UI when the insurance pools run dry.

Mitch complains that states like Ill and NY have unfunded pension liabilities worse than small red states. And taht's true. It's also why the red states got tired of SALT tax deductions. but it's also true that red states, particularly small red states, can't meet federal matches in recessions without making deep cuts in docs nurses and teachers.

florida has a 2 billion budget deficit from corvid. GA cuts 14% of state budget. Texas can't make their Medicaid match.

The idea of States cutting spending because they're getting less money coming in just isn't part of your world, huh?

BTW, bad news from Florida. Deaths are down 31% from a month ago. Sorry, guy, I know you were rooting against that

florida has a 2 billion budget deficit from corvid. GA cuts 14% of state budget. Texas can't make their Medicaid match.
I understand yet the Trumpets are following Trump's admission he doesn't want to help blue states only red which is wrong and divisive.

What aid is Trump giving red States that he isn't giving to blue States? This sounds like more of your made up BS

I understand yet the Trumpets are following Trump's admission he doesn't want to help blue states only red which is wrong and divisive.

What aid is Trump giving red States that he isn't giving to blue States? This sounds like more of your made up BS
I never said he was giving either any aid..

Then what does "Trump's admission he doesn't want to help blue states only red" mean? Helping them is not aid? Do you ever stop with the moronic double talk?

Then what does "Trump's admission he doesn't want to help blue states only red" mean? Helping them is not aid? Do you ever stop with the moronic double talk?

Trump says coronavirus ‘bailouts’ for blue states are unfair to Republicans

• President Trump said increased federal funding to help states recover from coronavirus is unfair to Republicans, “because all the states that need help — they’re run by Democrats in every case.”

• President Trump said increased federal funding to help states recover from coronavirus is unfair to Republicans, “because all the states that need help — they’re run by Democrats in every case.”

Right. Thing is that isn't the part I questioned. I agree he doesn't want to bail out bad pension deals offered by blue States. I asked where he wants to help red States, which is what you claimed. See how that works?

Right. Thing is that isn't the part I questioned. I agree he doesn't want to bail out bad pension deals offered by blue States. I asked where he wants to help red States, which is what you claimed. See how that works?
No, because you haven't proved that is what the bailout is for.

100% USDA grade A pork.
yea heard lots of it....

No, because you haven't proved that is what the bailout is for.

Now you're just babbling inanely. Joe Biden? Is that you?

You claimed Trump wanted to help red States but not blue States. So? What has Trump done for red States that he isn't doing for blue States? What part of that don't you understand?

Not the Feds job to bail out Piss Poor Dem cities that are broke.

"does not include stimulus payments of up to $1,200"

She exposed Trump's impotence to extend UI supplments and eviction protection via executive orders, when he had Meadows walk away from the table.

Pelosi used you as hostage to bail out government unions and you're mad at ... Trump? Seriously?
Some people lack the ability to think things through.
If she wanted to help Americans all she had to do was send a clean bill specifically FOR THE PEOPLE but she didn't because she doesn't actually care. Bendog is just too stupid to figure it out.

Yes. The irony is that Pelosi is holding helping the unemployed over Trump's head to put pressure on him to get her partisan union spending and then she says ... Trump doesn't care about the unemployed. And bendog believes her. Democrats are just the dumbest people

Actually they're not. They know the MSM will repeat whatever they say word for word and not criticize or opine on what they are really up to.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Trump has been absolutely crapped on from day one. He owes them nothing.

The point is that in the past the feds have let states benefit from better fed match rates for things like Medicaid. And Red states actually benefited more than blue.

American Reinvestment and Recovery Act Enhanced Match
When Congress passed the American Reinvestment and Recovery Act, it provided financial relief for the states during the recession through an enhanced matching rate for Medicaid. The Recovery Act provided nine quarters of increased federal funding with the assumption that enrollments in Medicaid would increase given the unemployment increases during the recession, and that states’ revenues would decrease as incomes fell. The calculation of states’ enhanced FMAP included an across-the-board increase as well as an adjustment based on the state’s unemployment increase. The Congressional Budget Office originally estimated the value of the enhanced match to states at $91 billion and later reduced it to $89 billion.

And red states, or poorer red states often fared best
One state dollar invested in Medicaid in the 2008 fiscal year yielded, on average, $1.61 in federal funding. Under the Recovery Act provisions, that same dollar yielded $2.68 on average in the first quarter of the 2011 fiscal year, yielding an additional $1.07. The average state spending one dollar of its general fund for Medicaid purchased $2.61 worth of Medicaid services in 2008. With the enhanced match, one state dollar bought $3.68 worth of Medicaid services, a 41 percent increase in the average state’s purchasing power.
At the low end of additional match for states was Alaska at 56 cents, North Dakota at 57 cents, and California, Colorado, Connecticut, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Virginia and Wyoming at 60 cents. The largest gains were $1.85 for Kentucky, $2.02 for West Virginia and $2.39 for Mississippi.

So the Trumpian "rhetoric" on blue states is just bullshit. But I'm not sure that expanding fed aid beyond UI and direct stimulus to citizens is a good thing in this recovery that is SOLEY DUE TO TRUMPS FUCKIGN UP THE CORVID RESPONSE. Because if Trmp could ever get a handle on this as other leaders have done in euprope and asia, we return to positive growth pretty quickly. People could be rehired.

But if we go into the third qtr of 2021 with only the hope that someday we'd have herd immunity through 80-90% getting the virus …. well we're fucked. Our gnp will have fallen for a year while other countries rose. We will not be the biggest market.

Trump
CAUSED this recession.

This reminds me of when she refused to hand over the Articles of impeachment to the Senate because she insanely thought she had some kind of leverage to force the Senate to hold hearings based n her demands.

Bwuhahahaha....she ended up destroying the Democrats' claim that Trump posed an 'immediate' threat to the nation (but could not show how) and ended up with massive shit on her face for that embarrassing move.

:p

The problem with Illiterate Ray-From-Cleveland poster is that increase of consumption spending is not regarded job creation, in that poster's reasoning.

The Living Wage employment enhancement--$600 per week--paid low-income households especially to go out and buy stuff. Living Wage Equal Protection Under Law encouraged people to spend, creating LIVING WAGE JOBS where before there was only intended baby genital mutilation--people with children not thought to have equal rights in any workplace environment! They were not allowed to have enough to even help the economy prosper!

See what worked! Target blasting through sales records, in a pandemic: Is not about Tiffany's, (yet)--(if at all--since this is a Trumped-Up Administration wherein only hideous tax cuts mattered!) That Tax Cut screwed Tiffany's Jewelry Stores, even(?)! The rich already had enough jewelry, as it turns out! Contrasting, Target even touted brick & mortar for 90% of its business, not plaything digital.

THE REPUBLICAN TAX CUTS EVEN CLOSED TIFFANY'S STORES!

So Illiterate Ray From Cleveland poster is the source of the federal deficit problem-thinking--among others--as well as the source of why it happened. Not only were there tax cuts FOR the rich, but The Republicans indirectly concede that their beliefs of Unequal Treatment Under Law in the Workplace--never work in practice. No one would work at the sub-Living Wage rates!

Low Income households may have stumbled into some new collection of tools, even: Able to create a new production business, then employing others.

That never comes up in Republican reasoning about jobs--only giant factories are thought to have jobs--at pay and employment levels of some version of "The Good Old Days," maybe 1983 or something(?)!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Even in the prayers: Matt 25: 14-30!)

Unemployment is not to stimulate the economy, it's to keep people going in between jobs. Not replacing jobs. The stimulus money is designed for stimulating the economy.

You people are like trained seals. Tax cuts create debt. Planned parenthood spending doesn't create debt, The funding of the arts, NPR, PBS doesn't create debt, all our social programs don't create debt, foreign aid doesn't create debt, funding green energy doesn't create debt, only tax cuts do.

You people are so unbelievably brainwashed you don't even know it. You say what you are told to say, but never think before saying it.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Trump
CAUSED this recession.

Nope, Idiots terrified of a virus with a 98.6 survival rate did by shutting down the economy. Only the cowering Progressive Left is responsible.

Now the Illiteracy of Ray From Cleveland poster is Raving!

Raving Ray posts:
"Unemployment is not to stimulate the economy, it's to keep people going in between jobs. Not replacing jobs. The stimulus money is designed for stimulating the economy." Corrected response from mascale is that personal spending is expected to happen from the benefits, and so is a stimulus in lieu of lost spending. Anything additional is even more stimulus--prompting more spending, more consumption, more employment. . . and on and on.

Then Raving Ray posts
"You people are like trained seals. Tax cuts create debt. Planned parenthood spending doesn't create debt, The funding of the arts, NPR, PBS doesn't create debt, all our social programs don't create debt, foreign aid doesn't create debt, funding green energy doesn't create debt, only tax cuts do."
Corrected response from mascale is that tax cuts during federal deficits--and solely for the rich--create further deficit expansion. Raving Ray is opposed to paying the federal bureaucracy, the US Military, NASA, National Parks, CONTINUED PERSONAL CONSUMPTION FROM SPENDING ON SOCIAL PROGRAMS, NATIONAL BROADCAST CAPABILITIES, NATIONAL EMERGENCY RESPONSES, AND THE PURCHASE OF US GOODS AND SERVICES--ENHANCING PERSONAL CONSUMPTION AND SPENDING: THROUGH THE FOREIGN AID PROGRAMS! Against all of that, Tax Cuts are clearly designed to avoid paying for any of it, creating debt! Raving Ray at least might cut the military spending: First, Forever, and Completely!

Then Raving Ray posts:
"You people are so unbelievably brainwashed you don't even know it. You say what you are told to say, but never think before saying it."
Corrected Response from mascale is to start from Raving Ray's first line, "Unemployment is not to stimulate the economy. . . . and so on to more Raving Ray illiterate nonsense. Anyone notices that people spend, inventory is needed, people become employed to create it.

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!
(Prayers with basis in Matt 25: 14-30, are illiteracy, prima facie!)

"does not include stimulus payments of up to $1,200"

She exposed Trump's impotence to extend UI supplments and eviction protection via executive orders, when he had Meadows walk away from the table.
What Pelosi has exposed is her own complete lack of interest in the welfare of the American people. She has held up relief for the American people over federal bailout money for failing states run by Democratic politicians and to fund a massive voting fraud operation run through the USPS. Weeks ago the President proposed passing legislation on issues both sides agree on like the extension of eviction relief, unemployment benefits and the $1200 stimulus check, and then debate the other issues in separate bills, but Pelosi said, no. Then the President proposed a temporary extension of benefits while Congress debated, but again, Pelosi said, no. Pelosi had hoped that as evictions rose and people couldn't pay their bills, the President would be blamed, but he wasn't, so now Pelosi and other prominent Democrats are saying they will agree to pass a bill on issues both sides agree on and take up other matters later - just as the President had proposed weeks ago.

The Senate Republicans had nothing to offer at the time. The Speaker's House Plan had passed months ago. The cited link is not about Speaker Pelosi.

"Some Senate Republicans have put forward another economic stimulus bill to address the fallout caused by the novel coronavirus pandemic and resulting lockdowns. But the proposal does not include another round of $1,200 stimulus payments and would cut the extra federal unemployment in half compared to the CARES Act, which Congress passed in March. "

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!
(Matt 25: 14-30, the Republican Plan appears to include!)

Forum List

Back