Did someone claim that liberals support burning books?

Mac-7

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2019

Powell’s responds to protests over right-wing agitator Andy Ngo’s book: ‘We carry a lot of books we find abhorrent’

Inevitably someone on the left will claim that these liberals are not actually setting books on fire but merely protesting free speech they dont like

but the spirit motivating their actions is no different than nazi’s burning books

Inevitably someone on the left will claim that these liberals are not actually setting books on fire but merely protesting free speech they dont like
but the spirit motivating their actions is no different than nazi’s burning books
Of course it is the same. I read a lot and am constantly running into book bans by various publishers and even Amazon. I usually buy the book as soon as I can.

Uh-oh. Another Nazi reference thread. Make that #37 today.

Well you remind us this on a daily basis

1200px-1933-may-10-berlin-book-burning.JPG

Well we do call a spade a spade.

And you call a wannabe dictator a good president, so....
Haven't seen anywhere where he's called for banning or burning books.

No, but he is certainly in favor of prior restraint, which gives the same result

No, but he is certainly in favor of prior restraint, which gives the same result
Burning books that don’t jibe with a fascist agenda is very different from a libel lawsuit.

Burning books that don’t jibe with a fascist agenda is very different from a libel lawsuit.

Where do you stand on banning books, you dumb trump supporter?

Forum List

Back