Did the Bush-Cheney White House want to nuke Iran?

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
No, of course not. Oh wait...

NEW 9-11 IRAN WAR PLANNED - Cheney s Plan Nuke Iran

"Jul 25, 2005 The Pentagon, acting under instructions from Vice President Dick Cheney's office, has tasked the United States Strategic Command (STRATCOM) with drawing up a contingency plan to be employed in response to another 9/11-type terrorist attack on the United States. The plan includes a large-scale air assault on Iran employing both conventional and tactical nuclear weapons. Within Iran there are more than 450 major strategic targets, including numerous suspected nuclear-weapons-program development sites. Many of the targets are hardened or are deep underground and could not be taken out by conventional weapons, hence the nuclear option. As in the case of Iraq, the response is not conditional on Iran actually being involved in the act of terrorism directed against the United States. Several senior Air Force officers involved in the planning are reportedly appalled at the implications of what they are doing – that Iran is being set up for an unprovoked nuclear attack – but no one is prepared to damage his career by posing any objections."
NEW 9-11 IRAN WAR PLANNED - Cheney s Plan Nuke Iran

The Iran Plans - The New Yorker

"One of the military’s initial option plans, as presented to the White House by the Pentagon this winter, calls for the use of a bunker-buster tactical nuclear weapon, such as the B61-11, against underground nuclear sites. One target is Iran’s main centrifuge plant, at Natanz, nearly two hundred miles south of Tehran. Natanz, which is no longer under I.A.E.A. safeguards, reportedly has underground floor space to hold fifty thousand centrifuges, and laboratories and workspaces buried approximately seventy-five feet beneath the surface."

Bush Cheney Iran Attack Plans Move Ahead

"Bush's top secret Pentagon Plan to Invade Iran including the use of two Nuclear Weapons

Please see the actual detailed 12-Point Plan

The Actual 12 Point Plan

Not known to Congress and the American people, on November 15, 2006 Bush and Cheney launched their previously approved 12-Phase secret plan Operation Darius - to attack Iran with nuclear weapons."

Nuclear Strike on Iran Is Still on the Agenda - by Jorge Hirsch

"Once war with Iran has started, Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, and their hand-picked nuclear advisers will find plenty of convenient "surprising military developments" to seize on to "justify" the use of nuclear weapons.

The nuclear weapons that the administration is planning to use against Iran are low-yield earth penetrating weapons expected to cause "reduced collateral damage." Their real purpose is not to destroy facilities that are too deep underground to be destroyed by conventional weapons: it is primarily to erase the nuclear taboo, and secondarily to shock-and-awe Iran into surrender."

My question is this: Did these plans evaporate with the Obama administration, or is some conservative thinktank still tweaking them somewhere? Is the nuclear deal going on now ruining these plans? And is that why some are trying to sabotage the deal? And if the GOP win in 2016, will these plans be dusted off?

You don't know much about the Military, do you?

The US Military is tasked with keeping this Country safe and secure from ALL threats. The US Military will consider every single source of defending this Country.

We have Contingency Plans for everything from Alien Invasions to a War with Monaco.

Those plans include everything from an immediate surrender on our part to nuking them with 2,000 Two Hundred Megaton Warheads.

I know. I used to help review them.

dimocraps are just fucking stupid

The US Military is tasked with keeping this Country safe and secure from ALL threats. The US Military will consider every single source of defending this Country.

We have Contingency Plans for everything from Alien Invasions to a War with Monaco.

Those plans include everything from an immediate surrender on our part to nuking them with 2,000 Two Hundred Megaton Warheads.

These weren't 'just in case' plans as with alien invasion. This was policy-type stuff.

You're dragging up shit from ten fucking years ago?

Somebody bounce this idiot

These weren't 'just in case' plans as with alien invasion. This was policy-type stuff.

Wrong again. This was contingency planning by the Pentagon. If you look hard enough you could probably find a detailed plan on invading Canada.

Wrong again. This was contingency planning by the Pentagon. If you look hard enough you could probably find a detailed plan on invading Canada.

Ya, I'm sure all the websites and news outlets got it wrong en masse' mistaking a purely hypothetical just-in-case thing for something in the actual planning stages. Thank goodness you're here.

Ya, I'm sure all the websites and news outlets got it wrong en masse' mistaking a purely hypothetical just-in-case thing for something in the actual planning stages. Thank goodness you're here.

It is good to know that you are sure about that.

The Bush-Cheney White House wanted to set the world on fire and they succeeded.

No, no they didn't.. it happened under the dutiful watch of Barry Kardashian.. you know,.. the Arab Spring that he touted so highly.

Obama as corrupt and stupid as they come.

You're dragging up shit from ten fucking years ago?

Somebody bounce this idiot

Why? Proving inconvenient for your plans? Afraid people might object to voting in a GOP'er who might try nuking somebody?

Hillary Clinton the darling of the left told CBS news on video that she would totally obliterate Iran with nukes, I'm sorry is that inconvenient for your troll thread?

The military sets up and plans for all kinds of possible scenarios they did it before Bush I'm sure they are doing it under Obama and I have no doubt they will for whoever follows Obama.

Does anyone doubt that if another 9-11 happens, that our enemies' government have not already been told what will happen if they are involved in such a strike?

Did Bush and Cheney want to nuke Iran?

Does a bear crap in the woods?

Forum List

Back