Did Trump lose his security clearance when Biden became president?

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
If so, that makes the classified documents at Mar-a-Lago even more seriously illegal. Does anyone know for sure?

It's up to the sitting POTUS.

Whether or not former officials keep their eligibility and access to classified information is another issue more grounded in tradition than policy. It is common for outgoing presidents and officials to be ‘read in’ on issues and topics where their prior position and expertise are useful. This is at the discretion of the current sitting president. That means that any access to classified information a former president or government official obtains has to be granted.

No, they don't revoke a former president's security clearance when he leaves office. He might not have the "need to know" in ultra secure issues but it makes no difference. I wonder if anyone panicked or considered searching Clinton's home when he "lost" the nuclear launch codes?

If so, that makes the classified documents at Mar-a-Lago even more seriously illegal. Does anyone know for sure?

Yes. He has no clearance unless reinstated.

No, they don't revoke a former president's security clearance when he leaves office. He might not have the "need to know" in ultra secure issues but it makes no difference. I wonder if anyone panicked or considered searching Clinton's home when he "lost" the nuclear launch codes?

Got any proof?

No...former presidents do not lose their security clearance... I would like to know why Humper Biden had access to security clearance areas while daddy was Veep.

why would he?

Did Clinton? Bush, Obama?

When Clinton lost the nuclear code, he was living in the White House. Are you saying that he panicked that someone would search the WH?

Next time, think it through before posting. Will help you look less of a fool.

I was just looking for info on that question myself. I recall Biden ordered that Trump no longer receive intel briefings.

Biden Bars Trump From Receiving Intelligence Briefings, Citing ‘Erratic Behavior’​

I don't think he took his security clearance away but I'm not sure.

No. But all the documents were out before Biden was sworn in as President. The very movement of the documents moved from the White House is an act of declassification by the President and he did this prior to leaving office. Presidents don't have to get anyone's approval to declassify. The reason why Hillary Clinton's was illegal is she wasn't President. And, she was still Secretary of State when she moved classified documents to her home on her illegal server. Garland and Rey need to go to prison.

I was just looking for info on that question myself. I recall Biden ordered that Trump no longer receive intel briefings.

Biden Bars Trump From Receiving Intelligence Briefings, Citing ‘Erratic Behavior’​

That was after Biden took office. The materials in question were taken out before Trump left office and Biden was sworn in. The mere removal from the White House is a legal act of declassification. This is a nothing burger, again. Pathetic Democrats...

He deferred to the NARA

That was after Biden took office. The materials in question were taken out before Trump left office and Biden was sworn in. The mere removal from the White House is a legal act of declassification. This is a nothing burger, again. Pathetic Democrats...
It’s a legal act… while President. It is not inherently a declassification

Trump’s secret papers and the ‘myth’ of presidential security clearance

Said Priess: “There’s a myth out there that presidents have a formal security clearance. They don’t.”
The “commander in chief has the ability to classify or declassify documents,” Priess said, by virtue of having been elected president by the American people. “A former president might receive access to limited classified material after leaving office to assist with writing memoirs or at the discretion of the current president, but a formal security clearance isn’t involved.”

Erratic Behavior??? Out of the mouth of the most erratic President of all time?

Forum List

Back