Did you know Pennsylvania alone has over 5000 structurally deficient bridges?

Ya have both houses of Congress and the WH as well as a Dem party eager to do infrastructure.

Your problem is GOP dysfunction and a weak, ignorant president.

Infrastructure is always the bottom of the list because no one wants to pay for it DEM or GOP. I guarantee you they will wait until there is a major collapse with multiple deaths. Then there MIGHT be some budget appropriated.

I wouldn't toss all the responsibility on Washington. Local municipalities and states need to step up.

SO WHY ARE WE FUCKING AROUND WITH THIS PENTY ANTE BULLSHIT ABOUT RUSSIA?

FIX THE DAMNED COUNTRY YOU FUCKING MORONS IN DC;

DO YOUR GAWD DAMNED JOBS FOR ONCE IN YOUR MISERABLE INSIDE TRADING BASTARD LIVES!

State Bridge Inspection Data, Structurally Deficient Ratings

Ah, so funny. We can't sustain the infrastructure we have yet on another thread (The Die Off) others argue that overpopulation is a myth and the Earth can hold many many more.

I wouldn't toss all the responsibility on Washington. Local municipalities and states need to step up.

PA has a relatively non-corrupt and low tax government compared to its neighbors WV, MD, NJ and NY so its tax base is taking off and compared to its neighbors it does do a relatively decent job on its maintenance

PA has a relatively non-corrupt and low tax government compared to its neighbors WV, MD, NJ and NY so its tax base is taking off and compared to its neighbors it does do a relatively decent job on its maintenance

That is not what my link says.....

Ah, so funny. We can't sustain the infrastructure we have yet on another thread (The Die Off) others argue that overpopulation is a myth and the Earth can hold many many more.
So, your a product of the public schools system, I guess?

This has nothing to do with over population, idiot.

DO YOUR GAWD DAMNED JOBS FOR ONCE IN YOUR MISERABLE INSIDE TRADING BASTARD LIVES!

Tell it to the republicans who control the congress. They are the ones who refuse to do anything.

Tell trump to write up a bill and have it presented to the congress by a republican. He campaigned on infrastructure and I agree with him on that.

Unfortunately trump has not done anything on infrastructure. Which is disappointing. I thought at least we might get 21st century infrastructure for the nation.

That was just another trump lie.

Meanwhile my state has voted to increase property taxes and car tab taxes to pay for new infrastructure. We also voted to increase our gas tax to pay for new infrastructure. The tax increase wasn't done by my state's congress. It was proposed as the ballot initiative so everyone in the state can have a say. The people voted for it in a good majority and the taxes have been imposed. I voted with the majority. The construction on new light rail, more mass transit, roads and upgrades and new bridges are underway.

The states that understand that paying taxes isn't evil will have 21st century infrastructure paid with their own state tax dollars and we will leave behind the states that believe taxes are evil while their infrastructure continues to fall apart.

In the end, us states who pay for it ourselves will also be paying for the states who don't want to pay taxes. Their infrastructure will be paid with federal tax dollars so once again, those states leach off us states who do the right thing and know that 21st century infrastructure is needed in our world.

My state already did. We imposed new taxes and increased old taxes to pay for new infrastructure in my state. We aren't getting it from the federal government so no one in another state is paying for it.

Tall that to the people in the red states who believe that taxes are evil and don't want to pay them.

So, your a product of the public schools system, I guess?
This has nothing to do with over population, idiot.

Actually, no. I skipped several grades and left the public school system in the 9th grade to go on to a college scholarship, jackass. And yes, if you had the mind to realize it, it has EVERYTHING to do with population! You think they build those bridges for kangaroos? Pretty bad when the OP doesn't even understand the portent of his own thread.

Tell it to the republicans who control the congress. They are the ones who refuse to do anything..

How many bridges did the Democrats fix or build under Obama?

ool system in the 9th grade to go on to a college scholarship, jackass. And yes, if you had the mind to realize it, it has EVERYTHING to do with population! You think they build those bridges for kangaroos? Pretty bad when the OP doesn't even understand the portent of his own thread.
lol, yeah, I'm sure you are a genius, but you just cant figure out that a state and the Federalis can repair and maintain bridges regardless what t he global population is, roflmao

Do you think we should raise taxes to pay for it?
How about toll bridges?
The goobermint already taxes us like 90 cents a gallon of gas for this purpose, so why dont they use that?

But if we needed a one time emergency user fee to finance getting this done I would be willing to consider it.

How about toll bridges?
The goobermint already taxes us like 90 cents a gallon of gas for this purpose, so why dont they use that?

But if we needed a one time emergency user fee to finance getting this done I would be willing to consider it.

Well, why not private interests owning bridges?

There are a couple hundred thousand bridges in America. 99.999% of them are owned by the government. Why not let private interests build them then charge people who use them rather than the tax payer?

How about toll bridges?

Pennsylvania, not a state but a commonwealth, another government fail. Too many bridges everywhere they can't afford to keep up because they don't provide the infrastructure to create the good paying jobs needed to raise the living standard to where people can afford to pay the higher taxes and fees needed to maintain the bridges in the first place!

How about toll bridges?

Well, why not private interests owning bridges?

There are a couple hundred thousand bridges in America. 99.999% of them are owned by the government. Why not let private interests build them then charge people who use them rather than the tax payer?

Nope. Everyone benefits from the bridges being there. Even if they've never crossed one. Everyone pays for construction and upkeep.

Forum List

Back