Did you know Pennsylvania alone has over 5000 structurally deficient bridges?

Unless the bridge is on an interstate highway...I say the local states/communities should be responsible for their own bridges.

Hell, I do not even agree with the Feds paying money to the states for the Interstates. And save the bullshit about America needs it for national defense...that is 1950's talk. The military ships mostly by rail or ship. And if the shipping is urgent - by air. Highway is last.
All the fed money to the Interstate highway is is a subsidy for truck shipping. And I am 100% against ALL government subsidies (except during time of a major war).
And if liberals want high speed rail SOO much...than you should be against the fed funding of the Interstates - because it's this subsidy that is more responsible than any other reason for a lack of high speed rail in America.

Ron Paul: Stop Subsidizing Highways, Let “Transits” Flourish

And you cons should be against them because they are an example of big government. But no...you hate big government - unless it gives you something you want...like the Interstates.

States often cry for more rights and freedoms...until it's time for money. Than they scream at the feds to fix everything.

Last edited:
The millions of pussy hat protesters should be on those bridges protesting, jumping up and down, stomping their feet until DC hears them...

The millions of pussy hat protesters should be on those bridges protesting, jumping up and down, stomping their feet until DC hears them...
You want the LWNJs to declare the dead bimbos martyrs? These clowns still debate the execution of McKinley's assassin.

As long as Democrats keep stealing highway fund money nothing will be fixed.
No coincidence that PA has such a comprehensive toll road system and the highest gas tax in the country while having 5000 failing bridges.

I wouldn't toss all the responsibility on Washington. Local municipalities and states need to step up.

PA has a relatively non-corrupt and low tax government compared to its neighbors WV, MD, NJ and NY so its tax base is taking off and compared to its neighbors it does do a relatively decent job on its maintenance
PA also has LOTS more bridges than those states, many very old, and many on small state (or county) roads.

Forum List

Back