Dismal earnings reports indicate the start of the Trump downturn

airplanemechanic

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 2014
The Mall Meltdown Continues

Retailers’ earnings season has gone from bad to worse. The bleeding intensified last week, with shares of Abercrombie & Fitch plummeting 26% on Wednesday, the biggest percentage decline since the company went public. PVH Corp., owner of brands including Van Heusen, Tommy Hilfilger, and Calvin Klein, dropped 10% that day, too. On Thursday, women’s wear chain J.Jill was down a jaw-dropping 53% and on Friday, Gap Inc. slid 9%.

Definitely bad news for the economy. If Trump wants to run on the economy to get reelected he might want to pass over this bit of bad news.

For Abercrombie and Fitch to plummet 26% is unprecedented.

Despite left wing wishful thinking, the DOW is still around 24,800 and unemployment is still in a historic low. The DOW was around 12,000 this time in Hussein's first term and democrats raved about it.

Retailers’ earnings season has gone from bad to worse. The bleeding intensified last week, with shares of Abercrombie & Fitch plummeting 26% on Wednesday, the biggest percentage decline since the company went public. PVH Corp., owner of brands including Van Heusen, Tommy Hilfilger, and Calvin Klein, dropped 10% that day, too. On Thursday, women’s wear chain J.Jill was down a jaw-dropping 53% and on Friday, Gap Inc. slid 9%.

Definitely bad news for the economy. If Trump wants to run on the economy to get reelected he might want to pass over this bit of bad news.

We’re all gonna go broke! How exciting!

The stock market is not a great indicator for the economy (too many other factors can sway the market) and it has been waaaay over valued for sometime. Trump has ballyhooed the great economy and the raging stock market which means he will own the shortcomings of both as well.

His trade war, and I’ll conceived corporate tax cut has and will continue to eat away at the lower income sector. I wonder if he knows that the retail sales and the stock market are leading indicators. And to think I may be forced to vote for him again.....

Abercrombie and Fitch blows

Despite left wing wishful thinking, the DOW is still around 24,800 and unemployment is still in a historic low. The DOW was around 12,000 this time in Hussein's first term and democrats raved about it.
LOL

It had nearly doubled

Malls are antiquated. Not a good indicator. Everything is online.

LOL

It had nearly doubled

I don't agree with everything Obama did, but he took over a collapsed economy from the 2008 debacle. Pretty hard to compare Trump with him.

We’re all gonna go broke! How exciting!

I got dibs on that nice fridge box for my new home in homeless camp.

I hope there'll be beer.

Trump's band of thieves is also hard at work on Wall Street "deregulation" as the Foreclosure King regularly demonstrates:
Prudential-Financial-Traded-as-a-Clone-to-the-Big-Wall-Street-Banks-from-October-to-December-of-Last-Year-ii..jpg

"Prudential Financial Traded as a Clone to the Big Wall Street Banks from October to December of Last Year. Prudential, green line, versus Citi, Goldman Sachs and Deutsche Bank.

"By Pam Martens and Russ Martens: June 3, 2019 ~

"U.S. Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin (a/k/a the former foreclosure king) has been attempting to dismantle regulatory restraints on Wall Street’s worst instincts since he took office.

"Making Mnuchin even more dangerous is the fact that, under statute, he simultaneously sits as head of the Financial Stability Oversight Council (F-SOC) even as he appears to be attempting to undermine financial stability in the U.S.

"One of Mnuchin’s most alarming actions on behalf of F-SOC came last
October 17 when the Council announced that it was removing the designation of Prudential Financial as a SIFI – a Systemically Important Financial Institution that required enhanced supervision and prudential standards.

"Mnuchin stated at the time: “The Council’s decision today follows extensive engagement with the company and a detailed analysis showing that there is not a significant risk that the company could pose a threat to financial stability.”

"The chart above shows what happened to Prudential from the date of Mnuchin’s statement to the end of 2018.

"Its stock started sinking like a rock in a pattern that was so close to the trading pattern of Citigroup, Goldman Sachs and Deutsche Bank that they could have been clones of one another.

"What does Prudential have in common with those three banks?

"Like them, it’s a major derivatives counterparty and on the hook for billions of dollars if derivatives blow up Wall Street again as they did in 2008."

Mnuchin’s Dangerous Plan to Deregulate Wall Street Is Captured in this Chart

Did any of you librards look at where people are shopping. Why go to the store why you can shop online. My wife works for Nordstrom and the they all have been hurting due to the boom in online shopping. You can order all your food and household items online and don’t have to go anywhere and it’s cheaper. I rather go to the supermarket for groceries but I hate Malls. It was a valiant effort by libtards trying to twist the truth as always.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL

It had nearly doubled

I don't agree with everything Obama did, but he took over a collapsed economy from the 2008 debacle. Pretty hard to compare Trump with him.
Obama took over a market correction and then drove the economy into the ground by intentionally driving up energy prices (and, subsequently, all consumer goods prices) for six years. Fracking technology (which Obama opposed but couldn’t prevent) saved the day.
Obama hurt this country.

Last edited:

Mere words fail to adequately describe.

It takes a song:

Did any of you librards look at where people are shopping. Why go to the store why you can shop online. My wife works for Nordstrom and the they all have been hurting due to the boom in online shopping. You can order all your food and household items online and don’t have to go anywhere and it’s cheaper. I rather go to the supermarket for groceries but I hate Malls. It was a valiant effort by libtards trying to twist the truth as always.

...one of the last malls in our city was demolished in mid- 2016..the stores were vacant long before that---the election was Nov 2016

It's retail. Online giants are killing them.

Amazon you idiot.

Jo

...one of the last malls in our city was demolished in mid- 2016..the stores were vacant long before that---the election was Nov 2016

There are certain malls that are doing well and the rest are failing and this is been going on before 2016. The only malls doing well have movie theaters, restaurants and have stores that really don’t use online sales and the cable Company’s are opening in malls for customer convince.

You ignore Obama started with the economy SHRINKING at a rate over 6 %.

A stock market heading down to 6,000. So Obama basically doubled it after uit hit bottom.

It was 19,870 when Obama left office . Let me know when your buddy doubles that.

You ignore Obama started with the economy SHRINKING at a rate over 6 %.

A stock market heading down to 6,000. So Obama basically doubled it after uit hit bottom.

It was 19,870 when Obama left office . Let me know when your buddy doubles that.
sure he did--sure :rolleyes-41:

Forum List

Back