Dismal earnings reports indicate the start of the Trump downturn

Lol @ "market correction".

A market correction is a 10% drop, not 50%.
Not if the 50% promised did not exist.
The capital has to exist. It wasn’t there. Reality burst that big bubble.
Now, back to Obama ruining the economy by intentionally driving up energy costs.
Lol, so nobody lost any real money in the 2008 market crash?

Yes. The liberal thieves on Wall Street did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Liberal thieves on wall street.

Do you ever bother to think about what you're posting or.....?

Obama bailed them all out for what was it a Trillion dollars. Goldman Sacs payee there money back because if the didn’t no bonuses You think you know what your talking about but you don’t. When I retired I went to work for a financial company doing Executive Protection and International Travel Securitry I know first hand what happened. So yes I do know what I am posting because I was there in the middle of it. So good luck because you talk shit but don’t know what your talking about.

Are you talking about these Goldman Sachs liberals?

List of Goldman Sachs Alumni in Trump’s Administration | Heavy.com

Despite left wing wishful thinking, the DOW is still around 24,800 and unemployment is still in a historic low. The DOW was around 12,000 this time in Hussein's first term and democrats raved about it.
You ignore Obama started with the economy SHRINKING at a rate over 6 %.

A stock market heading down to 6,000. So Obama basically doubled it after uit hit bottom.

It was 19,870 when Obama left office . Let me know when your buddy doubles that.
sure he did--sure :rolleyes-41:
So now you deny the facts of the stock market.

Wow.

Now, back to Obama ruining the economy by intentionally driving up energy costs.

Obama bailed them all out for what was it a Trillion dollars. Goldman Sacs payee there money back because if the didn’t no bonuses You think you know what your talking about but you don’t. When I retired I went to work for a financial company doing Executive Protection and International Travel Securitry I know first hand what happened. So yes I do know what I am posting because I was there in the middle of it. So good luck because you talk shit but don’t know what your talking about.

Certainly, you aren't talking about the bailout passed when George Bush was President.

President Obama was working with a plan started by the Bush adminstration.

Working security for bankers does not make you a banking expert.

I worked security for everyone from politicians to sheiks and I'm neither.

I’m going to listen to a liberal with some bullshit website when I was there for it All I will day is a know a lot more about it then you idiots. I will leave it at that.

Certainly, you aren't talking about the bailout passed when George Bush was President.
That's exactly what he's referring to.

I’m going to listen to a liberal with some bullshit website when I was there for it All I will day is a know a lot more about it then you idiots. I will leave it at that.

You mad bro? Your typing skills went to hell on that post.

These guys all have their work for Goldman Sachs all over the internet.

"President Donald Trump plans on adding another Goldman Sachs veteran to his administration, saying Tuesday that he will nominate James Donavan, the acting managing director of Goldman, as his deputy treasury secretary.

Donavan would become the third major Goldman veteran to join the administration straight out of Wall Street. Former Goldman Chief Operating Officer Gary Cohn, who is now the director of the White House National Economic Council, and Dina Powell, who is now the White House's senior counselor for economic initiatives, were on Goldman payroll when they accepted rolls in the Trump White House. Other Goldman alums include Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and White House chief strategist Stephen Bannon."

The Wall Street White House: Trump hires fifth Goldman Sachs staffer to the administration

The Mall Meltdown Continues

Retailers’ earnings season has gone from bad to worse. The bleeding intensified last week, with shares of Abercrombie & Fitch plummeting 26% on Wednesday, the biggest percentage decline since the company went public. PVH Corp., owner of brands including Van Heusen, Tommy Hilfilger, and Calvin Klein, dropped 10% that day, too. On Thursday, women’s wear chain J.Jill was down a jaw-dropping 53% and on Friday, Gap Inc. slid 9%.

Definitely bad news for the economy. If Trump wants to run on the economy to get reelected he might want to pass over this bit of bad news.

For Abercrombie and Fitch to plummet 26% is unprecedented.
Trump's band of thieves is also hard at work on Wall Street "deregulation" as the Foreclosure King regularly demonstrates:
Prudential-Financial-Traded-as-a-Clone-to-the-Big-Wall-Street-Banks-from-October-to-December-of-Last-Year-ii..jpg

"Prudential Financial Traded as a Clone to the Big Wall Street Banks from October to December of Last Year. Prudential, green line, versus Citi, Goldman Sachs and Deutsche Bank.

"By Pam Martens and Russ Martens: June 3, 2019 ~

"U.S. Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin (a/k/a the former foreclosure king) has been attempting to dismantle regulatory restraints on Wall Street’s worst instincts since he took office.

"Making Mnuchin even more dangerous is the fact that, under statute, he simultaneously sits as head of the Financial Stability Oversight Council (F-SOC) even as he appears to be attempting to undermine financial stability in the U.S.

"One of Mnuchin’s most alarming actions on behalf of F-SOC came last
October 17 when the Council announced that it was removing the designation of Prudential Financial as a SIFI – a Systemically Important Financial Institution that required enhanced supervision and prudential standards.

"Mnuchin stated at the time: “The Council’s decision today follows extensive engagement with the company and a detailed analysis showing that there is not a significant risk that the company could pose a threat to financial stability.”

"The chart above shows what happened to Prudential from the date of Mnuchin’s statement to the end of 2018.

"Its stock started sinking like a rock in a pattern that was so close to the trading pattern of Citigroup, Goldman Sachs and Deutsche Bank that they could have been clones of one another.

"What does Prudential have in common with those three banks?

"Like them, it’s a major derivatives counterparty and on the hook for billions of dollars if derivatives blow up Wall Street again as they did in 2008."

Mnuchin’s Dangerous Plan to Deregulate Wall Street Is Captured in this Chart

"Like them, it’s a major derivatives counterparty and on the hook for billions of dollars if derivatives blow up Wall Street again as they did in 2008."

Derivatives didn't blow up shit in 2008.

A bank guard. Yep. I'll stick with trhe websites

You can't even write a legible sentence or spell correctly but I give you a D+ for effort.

If the two steps forward were preceded by three steps backward you’re not improving.

You didn't even read it did you? If you take the point the Dow was at when Obama took office, it went up 140% over his two terms. If you take it from the lowest point, which was about two months into his presidency when he had enough time to do anything, it went up 201% during his terms.
And I told you that when you’re on the bottom you have one direction to go.
When you drive things from near bottom to the bottom you have only one direction to go.
Two steps forward following three steps backward is a net negative.

How in the hell did he drive it to the bottom? Even if you wanted to keep up that ridiculous argument, 140% growth under him is not anything negative.

Do you know how numbers work? I'm not talking about economics, just numbers?

A 140% or 210% growth is not negative.
If 140 or 210 follow 160 or 250 in the other direction you have a net negative. Not rocket science.
My household lost $80k in disposable $$ due to Obama energy policy. Things improved after fracking but we never recouped that loss.
Our investment plan yo-yo’d but we never banked on the higher amount because it was inflated. Our property value similarly see-sawed but we monitored the real value.

So you don't know numbers or how to read charts. This might not be the thread for you.

Let's try one more time.
21899873-standard.png

21904614-standard.png

How did the Dow Jones Industrial do under Barack Obama vs. past presidents? - cleveland.com

So when Obama took office, the Dow was at 7,949. When he left office it was 19,732. That's a net GAIN of 11,783

So more like 1 step backwards for 2 months, then 15 steps forward.
I don’t judge the economy by the stock exchange. The reality is here on the ground and reflected by capital and employment.
Obama energy policy constricted capital and shrank the economy.
Reality.
What’s more, those chart numbers are out of context. It wasn’t until Obama’s 6th year that the market got back up to pre-Obama numbers. Any net improvement coincided with fracking.

You mad bro? Your typing skills went to hell on that post.

Not mad at all. Actually I’m laughing at you. You, Denard and Tommy related. You all say the same shit.

These guys all have their work for Goldman Sachs all over the internet.

"President Donald Trump plans on adding another Goldman Sachs veteran to his administration, saying Tuesday that he will nominate James Donavan, the acting managing director of Goldman, as his deputy treasury secretary.

Donavan would become the third major Goldman veteran to join the administration straight out of Wall Street. Former Goldman Chief Operating Officer Gary Cohn, who is now the director of the White House National Economic Council, and Dina Powell, who is now the White House's senior counselor for economic initiatives, were on Goldman payroll when they accepted rolls in the Trump White House. Other Goldman alums include Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and White House chief strategist Stephen Bannon."

The Wall Street White House: Trump hires fifth Goldman Sachs staffer to the administration

Goldman Sac wasn’t the only bailout. Your just looking at them. What about all the others. Did all of them have Trump people.

You didn't even read it did you? If you take the point the Dow was at when Obama took office, it went up 140% over his two terms. If you take it from the lowest point, which was about two months into his presidency when he had enough time to do anything, it went up 201% during his terms.
And I told you that when you’re on the bottom you have one direction to go.
When you drive things from near bottom to the bottom you have only one direction to go.
Two steps forward following three steps backward is a net negative.

How in the hell did he drive it to the bottom? Even if you wanted to keep up that ridiculous argument, 140% growth under him is not anything negative.

Do you know how numbers work? I'm not talking about economics, just numbers?

A 140% or 210% growth is not negative.
If 140 or 210 follow 160 or 250 in the other direction you have a net negative. Not rocket science.
My household lost $80k in disposable $$ due to Obama energy policy. Things improved after fracking but we never recouped that loss.
Our investment plan yo-yo’d but we never banked on the higher amount because it was inflated. Our property value similarly see-sawed but we monitored the real value.

So you don't know numbers or how to read charts. This might not be the thread for you.

Let's try one more time.
21899873-standard.png

21904614-standard.png

How did the Dow Jones Industrial do under Barack Obama vs. past presidents? - cleveland.com

So when Obama took office, the Dow was at 7,949. When he left office it was 19,732. That's a net GAIN of 11,783

So more like 1 step backwards for 2 months, then 15 steps forward.
I don’t judge the economy by the stock exchange. The reality is here on the ground and reflected by capital and employment.
Obama energy policy constricted capital and shrank the economy.
Reality.
What’s more, those chart numbers are out of context. It wasn’t until Obama’s 6th year that the market got back up to pre-Obama numbers. Any net improvement coincided with fracking.

So what you are saying is...

Since you got proven wrong you now want to change the discussion?

Once again you prove that you don't understand numbers. It didn't recover past pre-Obama era numbers until year 6? That's funny because I just posted for you that after his first 4 years, the Dow had gained almost 5,000 points.

Forum List

Back