Disproving G-d with science

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Well, maybe not disproving G-d altogether, but certainly disproving certain claims about His power, like being omnipresent.

G-d could still exist of course and simply not possess these attributes. But if we can prove G-d's power is limited and finite then G-d becomes much more likely simply an alien being whose powers are bound by the same laws of physics our technology is.

The physics double-slit experiment which shows how light particles behave as both a particle and a wave and will change the behaviour when someone looks at it would seem to suggest if G-d does exist He isn't looking at the experiment since if He were, the behaviour of light would be a constant, and not subject to change when someone else looks at the results.

Double-slit experiment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Relational interpretation

"According to the relational interpretation of quantum mechanics, first proposed by Carlo Rovelli,[41] observations such as those in the double-slit experiment result specifically from the interaction between the observer (measuring device) and the object being observed (physically interacted with), not any absolute property possessed by the object. In the case of an electron, if it is initially "observed" at a particular slit, then the observer–particle (photon–electron) interaction includes information about the electron's position. This partially constrains the particle's eventual location at the screen. If it is "observed" (measured with a photon) not at a particular slit but rather at the screen, then there is no "which path" information as part of the interaction, so the electron's "observed" position on the screen is determined strictly by its probability function. This makes the resulting pattern on the screen the same as if each individual electron had passed through both slits. It has also been suggested that space and distance themselves are relational, and that an electron can appear to be in "two places at once"—for example, at both slits—because its spatial relations to particular points on the screen remain identical from both slit locations.[42]"

And in Scripture itself, there's many occasions G-d asks where poeple are like in the Garden of Eden, and elsewhere asking people questions. If G-d knows all and sees all these indications of finite power are very curious indeed.

What are the statistical probability that ,A life was able to start on its own, B then find the environment that it was able to sustain itself, C then learn how to reproduce.

Gotta be some interesting numbers

B came before A. Until the Earth's atmosphere and climate settled down there was no life. Once it did, life began to occur. Everywhere here on Earth that life can exist, it does exist. And I believe that's how it'll work throughout the universe. If a planet's conditions are conducive to life, and the basic building blocks amino acids and proteins exist, life will spring up spontaneously as those things merge. And then after millions or billions of years, complex life will come to be. Give evolution enough time and you get intelligence.

In a few hundred more years we'll evolve to the point of intelligence too. We're only at the know-how stage right now but not actually intelligent. Isn't a sign of intelligence when we still kill our own and destroy our own habitats.

Last edited:
Science doesn't prove or disprove God. Science has nothing to do with the supernatural, which is, by definition, outside the natural world. All science is concerned with is how the natural world functions.

I'm a scientist. I can do nothing with God. I can't fit God into an equation, I can't observe God, I can't measure or quantify God, I can't build a testable hypothesis around God. Because I can't put God in any step in the Scientific Method, I just take God completely out of what I do.

Now, I'm sorry if some of my findings contradict or disprove some facts of someone's conception of God or what is or isn't in their particular Holy Book, but that's just a side effect. My job is to explain how the natural world works, period. God is a non-issue where science is concerned, just as science is a non-issue where faith is concerned.

B came before A. Until the Earth's atmosphere and climate settled down there was no life. Once it did, life began to occur. Everywhere here on Earth that life can exist, it does exist. And I believe that's how it'll work throughout the universe. If a planet's conditions are conducive to life, and the basic building blocks amino acids and proteins exist, life will spring up spontaneously as those things merge. And then after millions or billions of years, complex life will come to be. Give evolution enough time and you get intelligence.

In a few hundred more years we'll evolve to the point of intelligence too. We're only at the know-how stage right now but not actually intelligent. Isn't a sign of intelligence when we still kill our own and destroy our own habitats.

Not so good with numbers are we?

How can you ask for the odds when you don't have all of the statistical factors? Such as - how many planets have or have had life sustaining environments.

How many planets have life...

How many planets in total ARE THERE

etc etc etc

Life in the Universe may be COMMON.

Just how much of the Universe do you think we've explored, hmm? It should be a giggle worthy answer.

So in a few hundred years we are going to somehow 'evolve"?

Even Darwin would be amazed that such an evolutionary leap could happen in such a short time span. ... :cuckoo:

Last night on the Science channel, they showed proof of the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah in 3000BC. They also showed how and where Moses parted the Red Sea. Well, not Moses, but still, he knew, some how, where and when it would happen. Archeology and astronomy tend to confirm the history of the bible a lot.

So in a few hundred years we are going to somehow 'evolve"?

Even Darwin would be amazed that such an evolutionary leap could happen in such a short time span. ... :cuckoo:
In less than two hundred years we "evolved" from candle light, horse transportation and the pony express, to electrical everything, cars, jets, spaceships, computers, and cell phones. Evolution is picking up speed.

Science doesn't prove or disprove God. Science has nothing to do with the supernatural, which is, by definition, outside the natural world. All science is concerned with is how the natural world functions.

I'm a scientist. I can do nothing with God. I can't fit God into an equation, I can't observe God, I can't measure or quantify God, I can't build a testable hypothesis around God. Because I can't put God in any step in the Scientific Method, I just take God completely out of what I do.

Now, I'm sorry if some of my findings contradict or disprove some facts of someone's conception of God or what is or isn't in their particular Holy Book, but that's just a side effect. My job is to explain how the natural world works, period. God is a non-issue where science is concerned, just as science is a non-issue where faith is concerned.
Just because you can't quantify, observe or hypothesis God, doesn't mean other scientists can't. By taking God out of the equation, you fail as a scientist. A REAL scientist doesn't discount possibilities, just as a REAL Christian doesn't discount the truth.

Last edited:

How can you ask for the odds when you don't have all of the statistical factors? Such as - how many planets have or have had life sustaining environments.

etc etc etc

Just how much of the Universe do you think we've explored, hmm? It should be a giggle worthy answer.

Universe aside,we are talking life here on our planet,trying to correlate other factors will as you seem to suggest would make the numbers even larger,so thanks for enforcing my point.

Just how much of the Universe do you think we've explored, hmm? It should be a giggle worthy answer.[/QUOTE]

Yep it is kinda funny we are once again just talking life here, not once was another planet mentioned by anyone besides yourself.

I suspect your a type that would gladly science the possibility of a creator away,but can't,even when given a possible way.

etc etc etc

Since 1991 when the first planet outside our own solar system was detected (51 Pegasi) astronomers have detected about 4000 more. Planets in orbit around stars is turning out to be the rule instead of the exception. Consequently, it might be that life too is the rule rather the exception. Just a matter of time before we have life on some exoplanet confirmed.

Interestingly, despite some religious people's protestations against this, Judaism has no problem with it and even goes so far as to say absolutely there's life throughout the universe.

Is There Life on Other Planets? - The Jewish view on UFOs, aliens and extraterrestrial intelligence - Questions & Answers

Chicken wing you NECESSARILY need to know of life on other planets in order to KNOW how probable life is or is not, on a planet. On this planet, or any other. That needs to be known otherwise yu CANNOT COMPUTE the probability of life on OUR planet having occured.

Didnt know you were slow but damn.

Chicken wing you NECESSARILY need to know of life on other planets in order to KNOW how probable life is or is not, on a planet. On this planet, or any other. That needs to be known otherwise yu CANNOT COMPUTE the probability of life on OUR planet having occured.

Didnt know you were slow but damn.

If you stop to consider the complexity in how proteins and amino acids interact, well it renders the entire notion of randomness totally ridiculous

Well expressed. But I do not see why you should be sorry if someone's superstitions are upset. Surely every small step towards rationality is good for everyone.

Forum List

Back