Ditch Donald, embrace Johnson - our only chance to avoid Prez Hillary

Even if a significant portion of Trump supporters turn to Johnson, it won't be enough. There are many Trump supporters who will stick with him no matter what.

I haven't really got that impression. The large majority of them seem to be in the "Never Hillary" camp, without really having much positive to say about Trump himself.

Even if a significant portion of Trump supporters turn to Johnson, it won't be enough. There are many Trump supporters who will stick with him no matter what.

I haven't really got that impression. The large majority of them seem to be in the "Never Hillary" camp, without really having much positive to say about Trump himself.

If that were true, he would not have won the primary.

Look, I'd much rather have Johnson than Hillary or Trump, even though Johnson is a sell out. If I could push a button and make someone POTUS it would be him.

...Why does Johnson have zero chance of being elected?...
You will understand, on the morning of November 9, 2016.

Oh, so you have no actual reason that he has no chance?

Only one candidate will win. Does that mean all the rest have no chance?

The Republican or Democrat will win. Johnson won't even win a state. He will have maybe 10% of the vote... which is actually a good showing for a third party and considering Stein you have two... plus the the usual plethora of others.
What breaks the two party monopoly?
Nothing. We're screwed.

...Why does Johnson have zero chance of being elected?...
You will understand, on the morning of November 9, 2016.

Oh, so you have no actual reason that he has no chance?

Only one candidate will win. Does that mean all the rest have no chance?

The Republican or Democrat will win. Johnson won't even win a state. He will have maybe 10% of the vote... which is actually a good showing for a third party and considering Stein you have two... plus the the usual plethora of others.
What breaks the two party monopoly?
Nothing. We're screwed.

In general I'd say that's true. As long as we have plurality, winner-take-all elections, we're going to settle on two strong parties. Though it is possible for one, or both, of those parties to be replaced - or to change radically. That may be what we're watching with the current Republican meltdown. I wouldn't say the entire party is in jeopardy, but Trump throws a major monkey wrench into the usual party machinery. I'm not sure how things will tilt.

Race Winner

Trump vs. Hillary = Hillary
Trump vs. Hillary vs. Johnson vs. Stein = Hillary
Johnson vs. Hillary = Johnson

That's the only way she loses. Trump should do this country a favor by dropping out and endorsing Johnson.

Race Winner

Trump vs. Hillary = Hillary
Trump vs. Hillary vs. Johnson vs. Stein = Hillary
Johnson vs. Hillary = Johnson

That's the only way she loses. Trump should do this country a favor by dropping out and endorsing Johnson.

giphy.gif

Forum List

Back