Djokovic is 2 wins away from tennis immortality

He is Greek but Jews have actually listed him Jewish in their hall of fame because of one distant great grand parent lol

I will say that Sampras and Laver are the greatest grass players of all time

Medvedev is playing incredible tennis. No one will be surprised if he wins.

Djokovich is the best player ever. No question about it. You can talk about which player was most dominant in his prime (several candidates), but Djokovich playing his best could beat any of them.

DGS49
I would agree that Novak is the goat but they have dramatically slowed the game down .
You stick prime Roger on old super fast courts and he beats anyone then Sampras then Becker

Slow to medium courts - Djokovic then Nadal

Fast courts - Federer then Sampras

The big Russian has been the most dominating server in the game this year
. Djokovic did best him easily in the Australian finals

Medvedev, as we all know now, took the Djoker in straight sets. THere was simply no question about who was the better player out there today. As I wrote above, no one should be surprised at the result, even recognizing that Djokovich was favored, and deserved to be.

The irony is that Djoko's main weapon for the first ten years was his ability to return shots that his opponents had already counted in their heads as winners. The resulting frustration led to impatience and striving to hit impossible shots, just to get it past him.

And that was Medvedev today. He got basically everything back, frustrating Djokovich as HE frustrated so many others over the years.

I feel bad for Djokovich. He deserved this singular accomplishment and will probably never get another chance at it. Still the best ever.

Forum List

Back