DNC delegate count

Sanders kicked Hillary's ass in NH yet Hillary walked away with more delegates, that's the corrupt Democratic party for you. Super delegates overturning the will of the people.
No she didn't. She had these super delegates support PRIOR to New Hampshire,

her butt was kicked in New Hampshire and Bernie got more of New Hampshire pledged delegates.

I know you libs are slow but come on, did Hillary walk away with more total NH delegates than Sanders? Yes she did.
I am not slow, you are....

She ALREADY HAD the super delegate vote from New Hampshire, back in November of 2015....if she didn't even get her name on the ballot in New Hampshire.

Can you comprehend that?

She WON the popular vote in the primaries in 2008, 18.1 million to 17.6 million and LOST to Obama, because he got the Super delegate votes to beat her.

She was not about to make the same mistake again, and learned from Obama's strategy and began securing super delegates early on.

The next question I have is

What is a "brokered" convention verses not?

I don't understand any of this crapola...guess I need to google it.....
it's when no candidate wins a majority of delegates......and the horsetrading begins....

instead of a typical rubber-stamped convention it would be a real crazy blast....

A "brokered" convention occurs when no candidate has enough delegates to get the nomination by the time the convention happens. After the first round of voting with no winner, delegates are "released" from who they are pledged to, and large amounts of political horse-trading occurs until one candidate has enough votes.

It's even possible for a dark horse candidate who didn't even run in the primaries to take the nomination.

A "brokered" convention occurs when no candidate has enough delegates to get the nomination by the time the convention happens. After the first round of voting with no winner, delegates are "released" from who they are pledged to, and large amounts of political horse-trading occurs until one candidate has enough votes.

It's even possible for a dark horse candidate who didn't even run in the primaries to take the nomination.
Holy Cow & Holy Smokes & Holy Moly!!!!!!

so bernie got 15 and hillary 9 in the new hampshire primary..... thank you!

but Hillary really won NH.....only in the Democommie world....:rolleyes-41:
Bernie won the primary in NH.

Super delegates were committing unpledged votes for her last year, BUT those super delegates can change their minds anytime they want, as many times as they want before the convention. So they are NOT "a sure thing".

so bernie got 15 and hillary 9 in the new hampshire primary..... thank you!

but Hillary really won NH.....only in the Democommie world....:rolleyes-41:
Bernie won the primary in NH.

Super delegates were committing unpledged votes for her last year, BUT those super delegates can change their minds anytime they want, as many times as they want before the convention. So they are NOT "a sure thing".
there are 8 supers in NH and Hillary 'owns' all of them.....so she 'won' by 2 delegates....17 to 15....

but i agree the supers are not a 'sure thing'.......look at how many Obama got away with in 2008......

coin flip ...

~snort

Although "superdelegate" was originally coined and created to describe this type of Democratic delegate, the term has become widely used to describe these delegates in both parties,[1] even though it is not an official term used by either party.

For Democrats, superdelegates fall into two categories:

• delegates seated based on other positions they hold, who are formally described (in Rule 9.A) as "unpledged party leader and elected official delegates"[2] (unpledged PLEO delegates); and
    • additional unpledged delegates selected by each state party (in a fixed predetermined number), who are formally described (in Rule 9.B) as "unpledged add-on delegates" and who need not hold any party or elected position before their selection as delegates.[2]

For Republicans, there are generally 3 unpledged delegates in each state, consisting of the state chairman and two RNC committee members.

A common criticism is that unpledged delegates could potentially swing the results to nominate a candidate that did not receive the majority of votes during the primaries.

Superdelegate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

REPUBLICANS DO HAVE SUPER DELEGATES/unpledged delegates, 3 for each State, so 150 unpledged delegates.

So all of the Republicans on this thread stating that Republicans do not have super delegates, ARE WRONG.
Ohh wow a whole 150, remind me how many the dems have again? Compare super to elected and get back to me.

Although "superdelegate" was originally coined and created to describe this type of Democratic delegate, the term has become widely used to describe these delegates in both parties,[1] even though it is not an official term used by either party.

For Democrats, superdelegates fall into two categories:

• delegates seated based on other positions they hold, who are formally described (in Rule 9.A) as "unpledged party leader and elected official delegates"[2] (unpledged PLEO delegates); and
    • additional unpledged delegates selected by each state party (in a fixed predetermined number), who are formally described (in Rule 9.B) as "unpledged add-on delegates" and who need not hold any party or elected position before their selection as delegates.[2]

For Republicans, there are generally 3 unpledged delegates in each state, consisting of the state chairman and two RNC committee members.

A common criticism is that unpledged delegates could potentially swing the results to nominate a candidate that did not receive the majority of votes during the primaries.

Superdelegate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

REPUBLICANS DO HAVE SUPER DELEGATES/unpledged delegates, 3 for each State, so 150 unpledged delegates.

So all of the Republicans on this thread stating that Republicans do not have super delegates, ARE WRONG.
Ohh wow a whole 150, remind me how many the dems have again? Compare super to elected and get back to me.
I think I was corrected, and it is 200 this election.

It doesn't matter what Dems have verses what Repubs have, it's in their own contest rules, for their own race, which all contestants in their contest, know upfront.

I don't have a problem with superdelegates per se. My problem is that they are awarding them to her prior to a vote at the convention. It throws off the numbers of delegates actually awarded by the states.

I was checking out the delegate counts on CNN.

2016 Election Center - Presidential Primaries and Caucuses – 2016 Election Center - CNNPolitics.com

Apparently despite Sanders kicking her butt in both states clinton is winning 431 to 50. Seriously? I know they are counting superdelegates but shouldn't they before adding superdelegates so it portrays an accurate account of how the people are voting?
You really need to bitch about the various rules states have in place 1. When you live in the state and 2. Because they cause you butthurt when they don't favor your choice. Or maybe we need a federal law :lol:

I don't have a problem with superdelegates per se. My problem is that they are awarding them to her prior to a vote at the convention. It throws off the numbers of delegates actually awarded by the states.
no, not really....

the results after each contest shows how many state delegates they receive that are pledged.... super delegates are not in that count, because they are NOT pledged.

They are separate counts....

I think Hillary, in November of 2015, has about 50% of the total unpledged delegates committing to her out of the total unpledged delegates allotted....so i'm guessing probably around 400 of what we call super delegates.... but they are not pledged so they can change, the delegates from elections ARE PLEDGED, and can not change

Sanders kicked Hillary's ass in NH yet Hillary walked away with more delegates, that's the corrupt Democratic party for you. Super delegates overturning the will of the people.

her butt was kicked in New Hampshire and Bernie got more of New Hampshire pledged delegates.

I know you libs are slow but come on, did Hillary walk away with more total NH delegates than Sanders? Yes she did.

She ALREADY HAD the super delegate vote from New Hampshire, back in November of 2015....if she didn't even get her name on the ballot in New Hampshire.

Can you comprehend that?

She WON the popular vote in the primaries in 2008, 18.1 million to 17.6 million and LOST to Obama, because he got the Super delegate votes to beat her.

She was not about to make the same mistake again, and learned from Obama's strategy and began securing super delegates early on.

And you don't see what is wrong with this?

Can you comprehend that?

And you don't see what is wrong with this?
I don't like super delegates or Caucuses, and believe it should just be voters that count in Primaries and would like to see the whole thing changed to that only....all 50 states having a primary vote to pick the winner.

However, my wishes don't govern the races and the rules were set before the races began and should not and can not, be changed Midstream in the Contest, that would be more wrong than what we have now.....

I don't even know why the States themselves just don't hold Primaries, instead of the ''Parties'' running them and making their own rules....

Forum List

Back