Do absentee ballot voters have to show picture ID?

How does that work?

Absentee ballot voters had to show an I.D. before they received their eligibility to vote, and with these people, the ballot is mailed directly to the mailing address they supplied, and then it also has to not only be signed by them but another witness.

Could someone "steal an absentee ballot out of the mail." Probably--BUT eventually the voter is going to walk into the polling precinct and notify them that they didn't receive their ballot in the mail, and then the GIG is up.

Absentee voters are typically very good about notifying election boards of any address changes, etc. (if they move) because they want to get their ballot in the mail.

The PENALTIES for fraudulent voting or trying to vote more than once--are severe.

1. The person loses their right to vote FOREVER.
2. They can be arrested and prosecuted for it.
3. They can pay a hefty fine for it, and even end up in jail for it.

This is why it's rare & only STUPID people try it. Here's one woman who tried to vote twice got arrested for it.
http://www.inquisitr.com/386068/republican-nevada-woman-vote-twice

Be assured that since Trump has made these allegations, prior to the first ballots even being mailed out, all eyes will be on anyone trying to commit voter fraud.

Here's the FACT CHECK on Trump and his allegation of wide spread voter fraud.
"More than 1 billion ballots were cast from 2000 through 2014. There were 31 incidents of specific, credible allegations of voter impersonation at the polls, according to research by Loyola Law School professor Justin Levitt, who has been tracking such data for years. So the problem that Trump is warning his voters to watch for at the polls — to make sure things are “on the up and up” — happens at the rate of 31 out of 1 billion ballots cast.

Out of 2,068 allegations of fraud cases in 2000 to 2012, there were guilty verdicts in 159 cases, according to an analysis by News21, a journalism project of the Carnegie-Knight Initiative on the Future of Journalism Education."

Coordinated voter fraud has happened, but on a much smaller scale. In 1994, a federal judge invalidated the results of a state Senate race. Democratic campaign workers forged absentee ballots, which ultimately tipped the election by 461 votes. Democrats on the three-member elected board of elections intentionally failed to enforce the election law, even though they were aware of the fraud.

But it would be certainly nearly impossible to do something like that to tip a presidential election, our colleague Sari Horwitz found. We’re talking about a nationwide effort of local, state and federal election officials colluding to commit a felony. Lawyers for both major parties and every poll watcher would have to be in on it.

A handful of people have tried to vote on behalf of dead people — usually their family member or spouse — but there is no evidence such voter rolls are being manipulated on a large scale. And there is no evidence of widespread voter fraud with people double voting.

Trump uses “voter fraud” has become a catchall phrase for all voting irregularities. Confirmed instances of actual voter fraud do exist, but Trump makes a totally unsupported extrapolation of these isolated cases to say they are indicative of a widespread fraud in the U.S. election system. We wonder whether it ever occurred to Trump that “nobody is talking about” the “big, big problem” of voter fraud because that “big, big” problem doesn’t exist. Trump earns Four Pinocchios."

Fact-checking two false claims by Trump alleging widespread voter fraud

IOW it's :bsflag:

Clearly, if elections could be rigged that easily, Donald Trump would not be the nominee of the Republican party today, would he. After all, 54% of the Republican party voted for other candidates. While Trump brags that he received the most votes ever, he also had the most cast against any candidate.
Trump got the most GOP votes ever — both for and against him — and other fun facts

Last edited:
Last week I stopped at my county Board of Elections and cast my vote. I had to show ID because that's the law here inOhio. Even at my regular polling place, I have to show ID. On Election Day proper, I have to travel for business. I'm glad to cast my vote early so now I don't have to pay attention to all those yard signs.
But it does not to be a Photo ID.
I had to provide my driver's license number.
In Ohio there are other forms of ID that are acceptable. Such as:
  • A current utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, or government check that includes your name and current address
  • Any government document that shows your name and address

California is the same way. There are over 30 forms of ID that can be accepted at the polls. It's not the ID showing that is the problem, it's the narrow and restrictive nature of the ID in some states.
Bear in mind I voted at the Board of Elections office and I voted early. They had to provide me with the proper ballot as there are municipal issues particular to my home location. I didn't feel imposed upon to provide legitimate ID

They made it hard for people without driver's licenses, people who are disproportionately Democrat.

When are you going to tell me how you prove you're a US citizen? You complained about non-citizens voting.
Maybe you should fight for voter ID and see if you can knock me off the voter rolls.

So you have no idea how to prove your citizenship? that's hilarious.
Ive already proven mine
now how about you, you seem pretty scared at the thought of having to do this.
Dont worry about me, Im a republican, that means Im smart enough to get over these life shattering hurdles like, spending 15 minutes to get an ID. I even have all my documentation.
Oh and before you start on, they cant get a copy of their birth certificate, BS, social services can get a legal copy of it within a day should one need it. As a matter of fact, once a year there is a gathering of social service entities in Maryland where we can bring groups of people, they can walk out of that gathering the same day with a copy of their documents.
So tell me again, why are democrats too damn stupid to figure this stuff out. Wont be long before we have to by law, hold the hand of a democrat and walk them around town just like they were a 2 year old.
and you take pride in being a member of this idiot party?
again, how does this affect democrats more than any other party and why. Can you no answer that or are you too embarrassed.

If you live 20 miles from the issuing facility & you do not drive, it takes longer than that especially if you need to locate the needed IDs.

And really, it is more than can. What is the typical voter turn out? How much regulation & requirement & inconvenience do you need to add for some people to give up & not vote. This is voter suppression.

The idea you don't know why it affects more Democrats is a sign of your ignorance.

Those without a photo ID are disproportionately poor & poor people are disproportionately minority and minorities mostly vote Demopcrat.

How many times do you dipsticks need to be told something before you get it?
And the disproportionately poor are disproportionately on some form of assistance that required certain documents in order to receive, and those offices might be more than 20 miles (which is not actually true for the demographic we speak of) away from their home, but for free money, they can manage to get whats needed.
you fail.
You can apply for food stamps online.

Forum List

Back