🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Do any other states besides Tennessee have a tax free weekend?

JOSweetHeart

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2012
East Tennessee
Yesterday was the last day for ours here in Tennessee and this is the first time that it went for a whole week instead of just Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. With tax being 9.75% here, its a help whenever the occurrence happens and it always happens just before school starts again in the late summer. Clothes, school supplies, restaurant visits, and groceries are what become tax exempt.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Which state has the next biggest tax amount after us here in Tennessee?

Yesterday was the last day for ours here in Tennessee and this is the first time that it went for a whole week instead of just Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. With tax being 9.75% here, its a help whenever the occurrence happens and it always happens just before school starts again in the late summer. Clothes, school supplies, restaurant visits, and groceries are what become tax exempt.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Which state has the next biggest tax amount after us here in Tennessee?
Texas did but I am not sure if they still do…

It is usually during the days leading up to schools opening so parents can save more money at the stores…

Interesting topic/responses, I never heard of such a thing.

My only experience with any tax "holiday" wasn't as broadly based, as it was only put in to help Ohio's auto industry. Back in 1980 I took advantage by buying a Buick Regal during a period when Ohio removed the sales tax on new auto sales.

Thank you for the replies.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Which state is just behind Tennessee where tax is concerned? We are at 9.75%.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back