Do Conservatives know what health insurance is?

Health insurance is like anything else, if you can afford it, you get it and reap the benefits of it. If you can't afford it, you're not entitled to it, so you don't get it. You can also choose (or should be able to choose) not to buy it, and if you get sick and need health care, pay for it out of your own pocket. If you can't pay for it, oh well. You go broke.

So it's real easy to say this when you're healthy and not incurring medical costs, but to force someone into bankruptcy for treatment of something out of their control makes no sense. It's fucking stupid, actually.

Its exactly the same thing as car insurance that you use. You have to buy car insurance ONLY if you own a car.

Not everyone needs a car, but everyone does need health care. So your comparison falls flat on its face. Maybe you should take those 2 cents and buy yourself some time to put actual thought into this. Because it's obvious you haven't.

But its YOUR risk to take. I should not be forced to buy insurance because YOU can't afford your medical bills. That's redistribution of wealth. Very liberal and disgusting.

But you cannot afford your medical bills either, which is why you have insurance. So Conservatives admit that health insurance is there to protect you from incurring high medical costs, but Conservatives oppose health insurance because it protects people from incurring high medical costs.

Cognitive Dissonance.

Where did I say I oppose health insurance, you befuddled asshat?

You say much without saying anything at all...you like to hear yourself blabber

Right, because the doctors, nurses, hospital employees, supplier employees don't get paid and contribute to the consumer economy. DERP!

LOL! It's adorable you think that money you pay your provider for treatment covers the salaries of those who perform the treatment.

Do yourself a favor and research what a "chargemaster" is.

I'll even get you started:

Cute video and while he hit on a couple of important points the video is filled with bias and leaves out quite a bit of important information as to why hospitals overcharge. It's not just some cynical ploy between them and the insurance companies to milk people out of money. That's just a narrative geared towards people like you. The government actually is a big part of the problem.

Do you? Because what we have in this country by and large is not health insurance, they are health care plans and that's why they are so expensive. Big difference

???? Health insurance plans, you mean? There's health care, which is your doctor performing a procedure on you, and there's health insurance, which serves as the mechanism by which your provider is reimbursed for performing that procedure.

Conservatives don't know or understand the difference.

No, they are not health insurance plans. They are health care plans.

You must be a conservative.

Right, because the doctors, nurses, hospital employees, supplier employees don't get paid and contribute to the consumer economy. DERP!

LOL! It's adorable you think that money you pay your provider for treatment covers the salaries of those who perform the treatment.

I'll even get you started, because I'm such a nice guy:

You do realize that the hospitals have ( and negotiate) contracts for all of the different health plans right?

Health insurance is like anything else, if you can afford it, you get it and reap the benefits of it. If you can't afford it, you're not entitled to it, so you don't get it. You can also choose (or should be able to choose) not to buy it, and if you get sick and need health care, pay for it out of your own pocket. If you can't pay for it, oh well. You go broke.

So it's real easy to say this when you're healthy and not incurring medical costs, but to force someone into bankruptcy for treatment of something out of their control makes no sense. It's fucking stupid, actually.

Its exactly the same thing as car insurance that you use. You have to buy car insurance ONLY if you own a car.

Not everyone needs a car, but everyone does need health care. So your comparison falls flat on its face. Maybe you should take those 2 cents and buy yourself some time to put actual thought into this. Because it's obvious you haven't.

But its YOUR risk to take. I should not be forced to buy insurance because YOU can't afford your medical bills. That's redistribution of wealth. Very liberal and disgusting.

But you cannot afford your medical bills either, which is why you have insurance. So Conservatives admit that health insurance is there to protect you from incurring high medical costs, but Conservatives oppose health insurance because it protects people from incurring high medical costs.

Cognitive Dissonance.

Where did I say I oppose health insurance, you befuddled asshat?

You say much without saying anything at all...you like to hear yourself blabber
Exactly.

On Fox 'n' Friends, Brian Kilmeade lamented that healthy people pay for sick people.

That is literally what health insurance is.

Congrats to the not-presently-on-fire for paying for firefighters.
Healthy people pay for the sick, young people pay for the old, with medicare and social security, tax payers for a congress and senate that don't do shit all day and we all pay dearly for voting in a moron as president....so at the end of the day, we all get it in the rear end....its called Living in America!!

And most of the poor who come to the ER uninsured is due to the fact that they were too lazy to sign up for Medicaid...not because they can't.

So then why would Conservatives oppose Medicaid expansion and discourage enrollment?
MedicId is welfare.
He apparently is also under the deluded assumption that Medicaid pays out at 100%
He is an idiot who wants the taxpayer to pay his bills!

I'll even get you started, because I'm such a nice guy:

It's adorable that you think money taken out of your paycheck to pay for medical procedures is placed into a vault in the hospital....never to interact with the "consumer economy", ever again. DERP!

I understand it far better than you do. I just don't assign wishful fantasy to what it is supposed to do.

You don't even know what it is supposed to do. The cognitive dissonance is strong with you.

You don't even
know what it is supposed to do.

It's not supposed to pay for medical treatment for people who decided to get this "insurance" after they've been diagnosed with a serious medical issue.

I understand it far better than you do. I just don't assign wishful fantasy to what it is supposed to do.

You don't even know what it is supposed to do. The cognitive dissonance is strong with you.

You don't even

It's not supposed to pay for medical treatment for people who decided to get this "insurance" after they've been diagnosed with a serious medical issue.

He probably thinks he can wreck his car and then purchase auto insurance. Same principle

You don't even

He probably thinks he can wreck his car and then purchase auto insurance. Same principle

Of course, who can afford to buy a new car, just because he crashed the old one?
No fair, mean rich people!!!

Who said they were free asshole ?

Conservatives seem to think they're free. Conservatives don't seem to understand what health insurance actually is, what insurance companies actually do, and how what they do relates to health care delivery.

That's why they couldn't come up with a replacement plan after 7 years of posturing. Because they simply don't know what they're talking about.

So what gives?

I am not interested in what you think people "seem to think".

You have no evidence of your claims about insurance.

It's not conservatives who didn't come up with a plan. It was republicans. They are not the same and you are a moron.

What gives ?

You are clueless.

Couldn't agree more and it's the way all insurance works. Your house, car is the same. Those who don't use it pay for those who do.

A lot of conservatives still don't know that OCare is not insurance. What's up with that?

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

What Conservatives know about Health Insurance

1. They don't consider it to be a basic human right
2. They don't want poor people to have it
3. They want healthcare to go to the highest bidder
4. They support obscene profits
5. They hate anything with Obama's name on it
Many hospital and health plan employees also donate their PTO to the grants for patients that can't pay their hospital bills. FYI

Very Liberal of them
Hardly. Liberals would donate their co workers PTO..not their own.

You wouldn't have PTO without liberals fighting for worker rights
Incorrect. Liberals only voted for workers rights as it related to those belonging to unions and donating to the Democratic Party.

FYI the Healthplans and not for profit hospitals aren't unionized. :)
Liberals gave us the 40 hour week, workplace safety, worker protections, collective bargaining

Conservatives are still fighting against it

Who said they were free asshole ?

Conservatives seem to think they're free. Conservatives don't seem to understand what health insurance actually is, what insurance companies actually do, and how what they do relates to health care delivery.

That's why they couldn't come up with a replacement plan after 7 years of posturing. Because they simply don't know what they're talking about.

So what gives?

I am not interested in what you think people "seem to think".

You have no evidence of your claims about insurance.

It's not conservatives who didn't come up with a plan. It was republicans. They are not the same and you are a moron.

What gives ?

You are clueless.

Couldn't agree more and it's the way all insurance works. Your house, car is the same. Those who don't use it pay for those who do.

A lot of conservatives still don't know that OCare is not insurance. What's up with that?

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

It's a tax

Forum List

Back