DO NOT donate via YouTube

Captain Caveman

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2020
England
I was watching a channel on YouTube (some builders) the other day and they mentioned that someone had donated them some money. They were grateful but they didn't want money, they don't need it because they enjoy making the videos, plus, YouTube pays them out of the ads. So anyone who wanted to donate, they are going to send it to CHARITY.

So they posted a video today. What it is, they thanked people for the donations but now realised, YouTube takes a commission!! So the money you send, YouTube rob a percentage.

I've never sent money and I can only advise those who want to, DON'T.

HOW BAD IS THAT, Google, a multi billion pound/dollar company robbing charities!!

Nothing in life is free... if you tubers don't like the terms they can create their own platform and sell ads... and then some creator can complain about them one day...
If you play by the rules on you tube and you know what good content is you can make a hell of a living at it....

I was watching a channel on YouTube (some builders) the other day and they mentioned that someone had donated them some money. They were grateful but they didn't want money, they don't need it because they enjoy making the videos, plus, YouTube pays them out of the ads. So anyone who wanted to donate, they are going to send it to CHARITY.

So they posted a video today. What it is, they thanked people for the donations but now realised, YouTube takes a commission!! So the money you send, YouTube rob a percentage.

I've never sent money and I can only advise those who want to, DON'T.

HOW BAD IS THAT, Google, a multi billion pound/dollar company robbing charities!!
I guess this is the YouTube Super chat option? Well, the charity should have read the fine print before agreeing.

Nothing in life is free... if you tubers don't like the terms they can create their own platform and sell ads... and then some creator can complain about them one day...
If you play by the rules on you tube and you know what good content is you can make a hell of a living at it....
Elon did that with Twitter, the left continues to have melt downs over that.

Parler tried that and the entire tech sector teamed up to basically destroy their platform.

Your argument is invalid due to the fact that its no longer an even level playing field. Instead its dominated by those who do not want any competition to their monopolies and will do all they can to destroy you.

Of course you see no issue here, as it doesnt affect you so theres no problem.

Elon did that with Twitter, the left continues to have melt downs over that.

Parler tried that and the entire tech sector teamed up to basically destroy their platform.

Your argument is invalid due to the fact that its no longer an even level playing field. Instead its dominated by those who do not want any competition to their monopolies and will do all they can to destroy you.

Of course you see no issue here, as it doesnt affect you so theres no problem.
I was only commenting on the potential for a successful business that can be had on you tube by content creators... its really amazing to me because we didn't have that career path option when I was growing up... I watch certain creators who are doing quite well posting videos... of course the better one's have taken courses in film development and editing...

As far as monopolies I am not in favor of them... they are everywhere these days from public utilities to cable and internet and even grocery stores.... and our leaders must fight it every time one pops up like the Kroger Albertsons application to join last week... Congress stopped it...

One of my favorite creators to watch...

Everyone should know that these platforms take money from donations as a fee for doing business. Nothing wrong with getting paid for services rendered. However, YouTube and Patreon are corporate censors and people should do everything they can to starve these beasts. If you want to support content providers use something like Subscribe Star or GiveSendGo which don't engage in censorship. If I'm not mistaken GiveSendGo doesn't even take a cut but relies on donations.

Forum List

Back