Do pollsters really think they are going to fool people again?

I hope you have invested in Trump salt mining inc. Tonight will be LEGENDARY! Finally America being taken back.

Uh-huh.
Need help getting those crow feathers out of your mouth?
I think you've been standing in front of the Trump Fog Machine too long.
WE'll see, you had tons of "moderate" democrats win and pledge to not support Pelosi.....you guys really can't run on your ideas.....you have to fake being normal to win.

Keep believing that.

Pelosi will be reelected Speaker of the House by the democrats.

The investigations without republicans preventing all evidence and witnesses presented and testifying will start. Since the republicans removed barriers on issuing subpoenas a few years ago, the subpoenas will start being issued and there's nothing anyone can to do stop it.

The Mueller report won't be able to be hidden from the public when it's released. The republicans were clinging to the hope that a republican controlled House would prevent the people from seeing that report. That's gone now. We will know what's in Mueller's report, the truth will not be on trump's and republican's side.

Yes, it's going to be a very interesting two years.

Sucks to be a republican these days.
Yeah, didn't half the democrats say they would back her or atleast like 50 of them?
Mueller has investigated everything......what more do you think you will learn?

Again run on investigations in 2020....I can't wait for it.
After two years, Trump has stil not testified under oath
/----/ Neither have you.

Rasmussen is the only poll that is always off and always an example of corruption...
except all the experts who predicted a Hilary win or a Senate takeover in 2016. And then we can go to 2014 for their "wisdom".....you guys are a joke and I can't wait for the results tonight.......CNN and MSNBC will be crying hard

I hope you have invested in Trump salt mining inc. Tonight will be LEGENDARY! Finally America being taken back.

Uh-huh.

Absolutely not... the result was as I predicted.

My primary prediction was NO BLUE WAVE. It WAS legendary have CNN admit that the wave was flushed down the toilet. Great times! Trump salt mining doing good.
No Blue Wave but still a shift to the left in the House and State Houses
yeah, they did pick up some seats. The thing is they had to run old fashioned democrats to do it. It's gonna be interesting with all the people pledging not to vote for Pelosi and to see how they vote. If they go left, they lose the house again.

except all the experts who predicted a Hilary win or a Senate takeover in 2016. And then we can go to 2014 for their "wisdom".....you guys are a joke and I can't wait for the results tonight.......CNN and MSNBC will be crying hard

Uh-huh.

My primary prediction was NO BLUE WAVE. It WAS legendary have CNN admit that the wave was flushed down the toilet. Great times! Trump salt mining doing good.
yeah, they did pick up some seats. The thing is they had to run old fashioned democrats to do it. It's gonna be interesting with all the people pledging not to vote for Pelosi and to see how they vote. If they go left, they lose the house again.
/----/ I'm sure Ocasio will vote for Nancy Pants.
iu

Uh-huh.

Women, gays, Native Americans, Muslims are not old fashioned Democrats

Democrats ran from the left and still won seats

Uh-huh.

/----/ I'm sure Ocasio will vote for Nancy Pants.
iu

Actually, as part of the new wave, I doubt if she will

Uh-huh.

Is Warren not old fashioned democrat? She is native American too.

All things considered, pollsters did a great job in calling the election

Uh-huh.

Warren is part of the new wave

Highly educated, intelligent, a good fighter against the right

Should have gone with the actual Indian... who was also actually educated.

You must have some mental issues to have a white woman who poses as an Indian as your hero.

Warren? Liz Warren?

They failed MISERABLY in 2016 with very few polls getting it right so why do the SAME pollsters that did such a lousy job in 2016 think people are going to be fooled by them again in 2018? Is it just them trying to regain some relevance and crush the populist wave coming? I personally get a gut feeling of how things are going to go and I think the polls are WAY off like worse than 2016 levels. OBVIOUSLY MILLIONS more people are voting and its mostly GOP voters....if the polls are completely off again what happens? Do polls still try to stay relevant? Do they disappear?

The pollsters were right. Again.

They predicted that Hillary would win the vote. She did. They didn't predict the EC vote.

The pollsters predicted that the democrats would win the House, they did.

The pollsters predicted that the republicans would retain the Senate. They did.

The pollsters predicted that democrats would pick up governor seats. They did.

The pollsters predicted a wave of women would be elected. They were elected, over 100 women.

What did the pollsters predict this time that wasn't correct?
No, They were WAY off. ALL the senate races except for ND were supposedly "close" it was a blowout in Tennessee,Indiana AND Missouri. :)

Should have gone with the actual Indian... who was also actually educated.

You must have some mental issues to have a white woman who poses as an Indian as your hero.
PhD ......highly respected in her field

They failed MISERABLY in 2016 with very few polls getting it right so why do the SAME pollsters that did such a lousy job in 2016 think people are going to be fooled by them again in 2018? Is it just them trying to regain some relevance and crush the populist wave coming? I personally get a gut feeling of how things are going to go and I think the polls are WAY off like worse than 2016 levels. OBVIOUSLY MILLIONS more people are voting and its mostly GOP voters....if the polls are completely off again what happens? Do polls still try to stay relevant? Do they disappear?

Before voting closed yesterday, 538 - which bases its probabilities on all polls it captures - estimated that the Dems had an 85% chance of winning the House and the Republicans had an 80% chance of retaining the Senate.

Both occurred.

So the polls pretty much nailed it.

Before voting closed yesterday, 538 - which bases its probabilities on all polls it captures - estimated that the Dems had an 85% chance of winning the House and the Republicans had an 80% chance of retaining the Senate.

Both occurred.

Only because the odds were in their favor. Midterms are always tough on a President of the opposite side of the House.

Both occurred.

Only because the odds were in their favor. Midterms are always tough on a President of the opposite side of the House.

This thread is about polls. And the polls in this election were pretty accurate.

Both occurred.

This thread is about polls. And the polls in this election were pretty accurate.

Yes they were. My point is that it was not magical when the odds are on your side.

Both occurred.

/——/ Yeah but the GOP loss was self I fly with the 41 resignations. Good riddance to RINO trash.

Both occurred.

Yes they were. My point is that it was not magical when the odds are on your side.
What odds?

They had to deal with hundreds of elections in 50 states
They were pretty accurate

Both occurred.

What odds?

They had to deal with hundreds of elections in 50 states
They were pretty accurate

The odds that Democrats were going to take the House.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Polls reflect what they uncover. There is no sinister intent behind reputable polling.

They know what the outcome of a poll will be before they ask one person. That is based on how they form the questions, what areas they will sample, how many people from each party are sampled.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com
Paranoid nonsense

Polls I have seen (not all inclusive) from electoral-vote.com: US Senate...

ND senate turning red easily by 5-10 % points.

TX staying red by 3-5 % points. Likewise for TN

NV, MO, FL too close to call. Inside 3 % points either way.

MT, IN, WV, OH holds by the blues by 3-5% points

What the website does is report other polls and averages them when possible.

This should give us an indication of the accuracy of polling in the 2018.

View attachment 227165

This was the poll of Senate Races from just before the election:

upload_2018-11-19_0-42-29.png

This is the result after the voting.

upload_2018-11-19_0-43-1.png

Indiana was the only real surprise in the polling data. The polls were pretty much right on the money.

Forum List

Back