Do pollsters really think they are going to fool people again?

Ah....Pogster.....a couple of things. We we do not elect our President by popular vote so national polls in Presidential elections really don't mean shit.

Second, the 2016 election came down to 11 battleground states and the polling was terrible. Hillary was supposed to win Pensylvania by 3.7 points. She lost by 1.2. Ohio, Michigan and Wisconsin were all off between 6 to 7.5 points. In fact, every battleground state was off and all were biased against Trump and the GOP.
It was Trump voters who mislead the polls for fun and to ruin The credibility of another Institution...
Polls have always been biased. I always give the R a 3 percent bump on their final polls and I discount anything before a week away. Those are dem polls used to suppress republican vote...it's a game.
Tell it to Rasmussen
Rasmussen is the only poll that is always off and always an example of corruption...
except all the experts who predicted a Hilary win or a Senate takeover in 2016. And then we can go to 2014 for their "wisdom".....you guys are a joke and I can't wait for the results tonight.......CNN and MSNBC will be crying hard

I hope you have invested in Trump salt mining inc. Tonight will be LEGENDARY! Finally America being taken back.

It was Trump voters who mislead the polls for fun and to ruin The credibility of another Institution...
Polls have always been biased. I always give the R a 3 percent bump on their final polls and I discount anything before a week away. Those are dem polls used to suppress republican vote...it's a game.
Tell it to Rasmussen
Rasmussen is the only poll that is always off and always an example of corruption...
except all the experts who predicted a Hilary win or a Senate takeover in 2016. And then we can go to 2014 for their "wisdom".....you guys are a joke and I can't wait for the results tonight.......CNN and MSNBC will be crying hard

I hope you have invested in Trump salt mining inc. Tonight will be LEGENDARY! Finally America being taken back.
I know, with Trump it's like Christmas every day. And election days are MEGA Christmas......it just doesn't get any better.

They failed MISERABLY in 2016 with very few polls getting it right so why do the SAME pollsters that did such a lousy job in 2016 think people are going to be fooled by them again in 2018? Is it just them trying to regain some relevance and crush the populist wave coming? I personally get a gut feeling of how things are going to go and I think the polls are WAY off like worse than 2016 levels. OBVIOUSLY MILLIONS more people are voting and its mostly GOP voters....if the polls are completely off again what happens? Do polls still try to stay relevant? Do they disappear?

Your premise is bullshit. Polls did not "fail miserably" in 2016. They had Clinton getting more votes, and she did. The fact that the Electoral College perverted that into a different result is no reflection on polls that were polling voters, not Electors.

It's like somebody said not too long ago --- "more votes equals a loss? We should have a revolution in this country!" Remember who that was? I do. Here's a hint: he paints himself orange.

Ah....Pogster.....a couple of things. We we do not elect our President by popular vote so national polls in Presidential elections really don't mean shit.

That's basically what I just said. Lern howe to reed.

Second, the 2016 election came down to 11 battleground states and the polling was terrible. Hillary was supposed to win Pensylvania [sic] by 3.7 points. She lost by 1.2. Ohio, Michigan and Wisconsin were all off between 6 to 7.5 points. In fact, every battleground state was off and all were biased against Trump and the GOP.

Again ---- assuming facts not in evidence.

The actual fact is the numbers were in flux, with Rump rising at exactly the right time. HAD the election been held a short time before, i.e. when the polls were taken, THEN the results would have reflected what the polls said ---- by definition.

Polls read what's in the public sentiment at the time of the poll ---- not in the future.

"Rump and the GOP" :rofl:

Polls are mind-control brainwashing tools. They serve no other purpose. People don't need to know who's 'Supposed to Win.'
Just another institution that you idiots have ruined...

Whatever. Polls are Bullshite. Voters don't need to know who's 'Supposed to Win.' It serves no credible purpose.
They are BS because you people made them that way duh.

Well, at least you admit they are Bullshite. We agree. It's a start. You're on the road to sanity. Good on ya.

Polls reflect what they uncover. There is no sinister intent behind reputable polling.

Ok, say I agree with your point that there is no sinister intent behind "less than accurate polling". That the bad prediction happened due to random responses of those polled. Then why are the very accurate polls not use exclusively by the MSM? Why do they average bad pollsters with good ones? I'd say that the polls used need to have an accuracy rating (1 thru 5 stars?) so folks know who is more accurate and who is not.

What “very accurate poll” are you referring to?

As for the use of bad pollsters with good ones; that is an individual editorial choice by each network I imagine. From what I have seen, the 24 hour news channels on cable TV seem to bring up any poll just to have something to impanel some talking heads to discuss it for a 12 minute segment to get them to the next commercial bank. Which is one of the reasons when I seek news, I go to the AP and NPR.

As for the scoring system; I would LOVE IT if an organization that is purely apolitical like the League of Women Voters would issue a rating system for the polls and it was widely used by he news networks. Good idea.

Rasmussen rates the polls for accuracy:
Rasmussen Reports Calls It Right - Rasmussen Reports®

Well....the results are in

In spite of the taunts that pollsters never get it right, the polls were very close to the actual results

They predicted the Dems would take the House and they did
They predicted Republicans would keep the Senate
They predicted the Dems would pick up Governorships
They predicted tight races in Florida, Arizona, Georgia, Wisconsin and they were
They predicted Beto O’Rourke was closing the gap in Texas and he did

In spite of the taunts that pollsters never get it right, the polls were very close to the actual results

They predicted tight races in Florida, Arizona, Georgia, Wisconsin and they were

Did they also predict that the sun will rise this morning?

Most relevant polls were wrong by more than their 95% margin.

IN Sen WRONG by 9.5%
OH Gov WRONG by 9.0%
IL Gov WRONG by 7.3%
TN Sen WRONG by 6.1%
KS Gov WRONG by 5.5%
NV Gov WRONG by 5.3%
MO Sen WRONG by 5.2%
CT Gov WRONG by 4.9%
FL Gov WRONG by 4.4%
TX Sen WRONG by 4.2%
IA Gov WRONG by 3.7%
NV Sen WRONG by 3.2%
FL Sen WRONG by 2.5%

IN Sen WRONG by 9.5%
OH Gov WRONG by 9.0%
IL Gov WRONG by 7.3%
TN Sen WRONG by 6.1%
KS Gov WRONG by 5.5%
NV Gov WRONG by 5.3%
MO Sen WRONG by 5.2%
CT Gov WRONG by 4.9%
FL Gov WRONG by 4.4%
TX Sen WRONG by 4.2%
IA Gov WRONG by 3.7%
NV Sen WRONG by 3.2%
FL Sen WRONG by 2.5%

Most are small margins
I see your cherry picked sample is very small given the hundreds of races yesterday

They failed MISERABLY in 2016 with very few polls getting it right so why do the SAME pollsters that did such a lousy job in 2016 think people are going to be fooled by them again in 2018? Is it just them trying to regain some relevance and crush the populist wave coming? I personally get a gut feeling of how things are going to go and I think the polls are WAY off like worse than 2016 levels. OBVIOUSLY MILLIONS more people are voting and its mostly GOP voters....if the polls are completely off again what happens? Do polls still try to stay relevant? Do they disappear?

The pollsters were right. Again.

They predicted that Hillary would win the vote. She did. They didn't predict the EC vote.

The pollsters predicted that the democrats would win the House, they did.

The pollsters predicted that the republicans would retain the Senate. They did.

The pollsters predicted that democrats would pick up governor seats. They did.

The pollsters predicted a wave of women would be elected. They were elected, over 100 women.

What did the pollsters predict this time that wasn't correct?

I remember on the night of the 2016 Election - November 8, 2016 - they had Hillary Clinton winning the election. It was at 8pm that same evening that the odds of her winning was at 700 for $100.

Trump obviously won - at 3 o'clock in the morning of November 9th.

That was then.

This is now.

There is no Electoral College this time.

This time Americans didn't believe the lies from the russian on line campaign and social media outlets worked to prevent russia from meddling in this election.

Things are very different in 2 short years.

But you can keep hanging on to that 2016 election. Seems it's all you people have now.

Sucks to be you.

IN Sen WRONG by 9.5%
OH Gov WRONG by 9.0%
IL Gov WRONG by 7.3%
TN Sen WRONG by 6.1%
KS Gov WRONG by 5.5%
NV Gov WRONG by 5.3%
MO Sen WRONG by 5.2%
CT Gov WRONG by 4.9%
FL Gov WRONG by 4.4%
TX Sen WRONG by 4.2%
IA Gov WRONG by 3.7%
NV Sen WRONG by 3.2%
FL Sen WRONG by 2.5%

Most are small margins
I see your cherry picked sample is very small given the hundreds of races yesterday

Yeah, poor Norm.
The last four he listed are within the normal margin of error, too.

Tell it to Rasmussen

Uh-huh.
Need help getting those crow feathers out of your mouth?
I think you've been standing in front of the Trump Fog Machine too long.

Tell it to Rasmussen

Uh-huh.
WE'll see, you had tons of "moderate" democrats win and pledge to not support Pelosi.....you guys really can't run on your ideas.....you have to fake being normal to win.

Tell it to Rasmussen

Uh-huh.
WE'll see, you had tons of "moderate" democrats win and pledge to not support Pelosi.....you guys really can't run on your ideas.....you have to fake being normal to win.

Keep believing that.

Pelosi will be reelected Speaker of the House by the democrats.

The investigations without republicans preventing all evidence and witnesses presented and testifying will start. Since the republicans removed barriers on issuing subpoenas a few years ago, the subpoenas will start being issued and there's nothing anyone can to do stop it.

The Mueller report won't be able to be hidden from the public when it's released. The republicans were clinging to the hope that a republican controlled House would prevent the people from seeing that report. That's gone now. We will know what's in Mueller's report, the truth will not be on trump's and republican's side.

Yes, it's going to be a very interesting two years.

Sucks to be a republican these days.

The pollsters were right. Again.

They predicted that Hillary would win the vote. She did. They didn't predict the EC vote.

The pollsters predicted that the democrats would win the House, they did.

The pollsters predicted that the republicans would retain the Senate. They did.

The pollsters predicted that democrats would pick up governor seats. They did.

The pollsters predicted a wave of women would be elected. They were elected, over 100 women.

What did the pollsters predict this time that wasn't correct?

In hundreds of complex races, I thought the pollsters did a very good job

Their overall conclusions were spot on

Tell it to Rasmussen

Uh-huh.

Absolutely not... the result was as I predicted.

My primary prediction was NO BLUE WAVE. It WAS legendary have CNN admit that the wave was flushed down the toilet. Great times! Trump salt mining doing good.

Uh-huh.

Keep believing that.

The investigations without republicans preventing all evidence and witnesses presented and testifying will start. Since the republicans removed barriers on issuing subpoenas a few years ago, the subpoenas will start being issued and there's nothing anyone can to do stop it.

The Mueller report won't be able to be hidden from the public when it's released. The republicans were clinging to the hope that a republican controlled House would prevent the people from seeing that report. That's gone now. We will know what's in Mueller's report, the truth will not be on trump's and republican's side.

Yeah, didn't half the democrats say they would back her or atleast like 50 of them?
Mueller has investigated everything......what more do you think you will learn?

Again run on investigations in 2020....I can't wait for it.

Tell it to Rasmussen

Uh-huh.

Absolutely not... the result was as I predicted.

My primary prediction was NO BLUE WAVE. It WAS legendary have CNN admit that the wave was flushed down the toilet. Great times! Trump salt mining doing good.
No Blue Wave but still a shift to the left in the House and State Houses

Uh-huh.

Keep believing that.

Yeah, didn't half the democrats say they would back her or atleast like 50 of them?
Mueller has investigated everything......what more do you think you will learn?

Again run on investigations in 2020....I can't wait for it.
After two years, Trump has stil not testified under oath

/----/ Well they got it mostly right this time.

Forum List

Back