Do You Guys Remember The Color Codes Of Gloom & Doom Of The Bush Administration?

How did that make you feel?

Did you feel fearful when the color raised from cooler to warmer colors?

How about when it lowered from hot colors to cool colors, did you feel safe or safer then?

Was that color scheme helpful or not?

What's your take on that whole situation?
it was something new they were trying. I found the color scheme more sensible than trying to figure out which is worse: torando watch or torando warning. I still don't know when I should take cover.

Meh.

I can remember drills at school when we used to hide under our desks pretending the Ruskies were about to drop the big one.

Like THAT would help.

Actually it would have helped many from being torn to shreds from flying glass from the shock wave. The there was the reality that there were times when we actually did come close to a war with the Ruskies. Unlike the made up threats used to cover up Bush/Cheney mischief and Keep the fear ratched up while they constructed Homeland Security and the Patriot Act.

The biggest presidential power grab in our history would not have been possible if the events of 9/11 had been handled like the felony it was. Spectacular but just breaking laws that were already in existance non the less. 9/11 was totally preventable if Bush and his little troup of fascists had done their jobs along with the FBI and CIA whom already had info to stop it in it's tracks. They HAD to make it something bigger than they could have dealt with. Otherwise we would have had to focus on why they dropped the ball. So instead of pouring resources into investigating the ACTUAL events they set up the bogus 9/11 commision and lashed out with clear intent to just make money off of 9/11. Nothing is a lucrative as chaos, fear and war when you own Haliburton and Blackwater.

This is why most if not all republicans are scum and traitors.

IMHO, 9-11 was not prevented because of the policies of political correctness that were still in effect after Clinton left office. Can you imagine the indignation and outrage of liberal weenies if all of the people who appeared to be middle eastern or arabic had been subjected to special search and seizure at airports? Not to mention the thousands of law suits that would have been brought by sleazy lawyers.
There is still outrage expressed to this day if someone is singled out on suspicion.

Thank you for your incredibly weak response to my post. Go google the origin of "their hair was on fire". Your deflection has NOTHING to do with preventing the events of 9/11.

Thanks for playing.

Your response that 911 was a felony is bullshit. It was an act of war! I told you why the FBI and CIA were handcuffed by the PC policy that prevented them from profiling potential terrorists. It was up to the airport screeners to detect weapons and detain someone whose actions or mannerisms or profile indicated they were a threat to the aircraft and they failed to do so.

Would you have had Bush convene a grand jury and indict the dead hijackers? LOL

What a tool. Perhaps you would like to list the country/countries that attacked us?

When an individual or a small band of individuals caused death and destruction for any purpose BEFORE the Patriot Act it was a top felony. Groups of people of similar size to the group that perpetrated the events on 9/11 had robbed banks and killed people ...many of them survivalist types. We had no more logical reason to declare "war" on them than the rag tag group with box cutters that highjacked those airliners. What were we supposed to do ?? Invade Idao? You are clearly a pawn and an idiot and the reason I am no longer a republican. When they started looking to willfully ignorant morons like you for support...they lost mine.

You have no business discussing history. That would be because you are dishonest. I'm not interested in spending any amount of time pointing out that you are a liar as I have no doubt your stack of lies is endless.

Meh.

I can remember drills at school when we used to hide under our desks pretending the Ruskies were about to drop the big one.

Like THAT would help.

Actually it would have helped many from being torn to shreds from flying glass from the shock wave. Then there was the reality that there were times when we actually did come close to a war with the Ruskies. Unlike the made up threats used to cover up Bush/Cheney mischief and KEEP the fear ratched up while they constructed Homeland Security and the Patriot Act. This was as close as Cheney could come to his failed Project for the New American Century.

The biggest presidential power grab in our history would not have been possible if the events of 9/11 had been handled like the felony it was. Spectacular but just breaking laws that were already in existance non the less. 9/11 was totally preventable if Bush and his little troup of willfully ignorant Christofascists had done their jobs along with the FBI and CIA whom already had info to stop it in it's tracks. They HAD to make it something bigger than they could have dealt with. Otherwise we would have had to focus on why they dropped the ball. So instead of pouring resources into investigating the ACTUAL events they set up the bogus 9/11 commision and lashed out with clear intent to just make money off of 9/11. Nothing is a lucrative as chaos, fear and war when you own Haliburton and Blackwater.

This is why most if not all republicans are scum and traitors.
So true.

Meh.

Like THAT would help.
Yeah, that was some world class, name brand Turd, Grade-A B.S.

Who held Office at the time?

I copied this from Wiki.

COME ON! You are an adult now. Think about it for just a second from an adult perspective.

You are in charge of a school or a classroom, and there has just been an announcement that the United States is under nuclear attack. You don’t know how far away the nearest bomb will hit, you don’t know whether parents have been notified, you don’t really know anything yet, except that in all likelihood people are going tocompletely freak out.

What does it accomplish if each child hiding under his or her desk?
It means:
1) You don’t have children running down the halls screaming
2) You don’t have children hiding in unknown places where you can’t find them
3) You can easily see who might be missing by looking to see which desks don’t have a child under them
It’s a way of keeping order and calm. It’s a way of making sure children don’t go missing in a panic before their parents show up. It’s the single most obvious and sensible thing to do, from an adult administrative perspective.

Of course it wasn’t explained this way to you when you were a kid, because you were a kid.

Now that you are an adult perhaps you should be able to understand the reasoning behind the 'duck and cover' routine in schools during the cold war. Then again..................perhaps not.
That does seem to have an aergument.

However, it seems to me that adults were doing it in order to be safe as well.

BTW, I'm 38 and originally from the Caribbean, so I wasn't a kid in America, nor was I even around at that time.

Meh.

Like THAT would help.

Our very own war-hero
General Dwight David Eisenhower
the cat that warned us about the
MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX ....
and did we listen......

oh well .......

How about when it lowered from hot colors to cool colors, did you feel safe or safer then?

Nothing grows government power and budgets like fear.

A question about Republicans and the growth of government power:
When the Right has the presidency, why do their voters trust Washington with far more obedience than the Left does when a Democrat is in the White House?
(Psst: LBJ was driven from office by the Leftwing anti-war base. This would never happen with Rightwing voters, who trust their presidential leaders completely)

The likelihood of dying from a terrorist attack in the USA is far less than the likelihood of getting struct by lightning - yet, somehow, the Right built a centralized soviet-style surveillance system in response to this threat (see Patriot Act and Homeland Security). Don't Republicans get it? -centralized government power is far more dangerous than 15 lucky morons with box cutters who exploited Bush's inability to protect the eastern seaboard despite several direct warnings.

ISIS must love the Republican Party for the constant free press they get from the Right. This free press allows them to scare more people. Don't Republicans get it? The whole point of terrorism is to have your evil deeds broadcast and re-broadcast so that everyone lives in fear of you. This fear becomes your leverage. This is why terrorists love it when Republicans use them in campaign adds and Color Coded FOX fear games. (Bin Laden watched how the Russians got trapped and bled dry in Afghanistan. Who knew he would get the Republican Party to fall for the same trick?)

The Color Coded media blitz surrounding the War on Terrorism - complete with election commercials featuring mushroom clouds - helps ISIS and Al Qaeda scare more Americans, which in turn creates the political will for war, which war invariably turns into an endless quagmire, which drains Americans financially - which is what the terrorists want. Again, this strategy was used brilliantly to destroy the Soviets, who got stuck in Afghanistan. The free press given to terrorists by Republicans also allows terrorists to take advantage of their local populations, which populations are more likely to join the cause if it seems winnable and powerful (as opposed to small and incapable).

This is why the Israelis try not to give any free press to terrorists, which free press only reinforces their evil actions and guarantees their recurrence. Instead, the Israelis prefer to hunt and kill the guilty party. The Bushies took a different tack. Instead of sticking with Bin Laden, the Bushies put more energy into a domestic color coded media assault because this assault had/has immense political utility, not only geopolitically but electorally.

Guess what? The Republicans are coming back in 2016 when I predict they will re-take the White House. They are gearing up for the War on Terrorism Part II, with even more Color Coded alerts, and more unchecked surveillance. We will watch as loyal Republican voters bow to dear leader, believing everything he says ... and opening their wallets and the wallets of their grandchildren like never before. ISIS will love it because their evil deeds will be enlarged and broadcast constantly.

"Hi, I'm from the government and I'm here to protect you"

Hide your wallets folks. The Republicans are coming back.

Bush lowered taxes for every single taxpayer and Obama has raised them for every single taxpayer and you want to hide your wallet from Republicans.

Then came the recession. By Jove good job

Lowering tax rates had absolutely nothing to do with the recession. The housing bubble was bust was the cause of the recession. Most informed people know that.

Just a coinky dink right? The war didnt pay for itself and boy that revenue that was lost woulda really come in handy. But hey, we can always just borrow more right?

Oh right, you hate deficits too.

HAHAHAHAHA

Nothing grows government power and budgets like fear.

A question about Republicans and the growth of government power:
When the Right has the presidency, why do their voters trust Washington with far more obedience than the Left does when a Democrat is in the White House?
(Psst: LBJ was driven from office by the Leftwing anti-war base. This would never happen with Rightwing voters, who trust their presidential leaders completely)

The likelihood of dying from a terrorist attack in the USA is far less than the likelihood of getting struct by lightning - yet, somehow, the Right built a centralized soviet-style surveillance system in response to this threat (see Patriot Act and Homeland Security). Don't Republicans get it? -centralized government power is far more dangerous than 15 lucky morons with box cutters who exploited Bush's inability to protect the eastern seaboard despite several direct warnings.

ISIS must love the Republican Party for the constant free press they get from the Right. This free press allows them to scare more people. Don't Republicans get it? The whole point of terrorism is to have your evil deeds broadcast and re-broadcast so that everyone lives in fear of you. This fear becomes your leverage. This is why terrorists love it when Republicans use them in campaign adds and Color Coded FOX fear games. (Bin Laden watched how the Russians got trapped and bled dry in Afghanistan. Who knew he would get the Republican Party to fall for the same trick?)

The Color Coded media blitz surrounding the War on Terrorism - complete with election commercials featuring mushroom clouds - helps ISIS and Al Qaeda scare more Americans, which in turn creates the political will for war, which war invariably turns into an endless quagmire, which drains Americans financially - which is what the terrorists want. Again, this strategy was used brilliantly to destroy the Soviets, who got stuck in Afghanistan. The free press given to terrorists by Republicans also allows terrorists to take advantage of their local populations, which populations are more likely to join the cause if it seems winnable and powerful (as opposed to small and incapable).

This is why the Israelis try not to give any free press to terrorists, which free press only reinforces their evil actions and guarantees their recurrence. Instead, the Israelis prefer to hunt and kill the guilty party. The Bushies took a different tack. Instead of sticking with Bin Laden, the Bushies put more energy into a domestic color coded media assault because this assault had/has immense political utility, not only geopolitically but electorally.

Guess what? The Republicans are coming back in 2016 when I predict they will re-take the White House. They are gearing up for the War on Terrorism Part II, with even more Color Coded alerts, and more unchecked surveillance. We will watch as loyal Republican voters bow to dear leader, believing everything he says ... and opening their wallets and the wallets of their grandchildren like never before. ISIS will love it because their evil deeds will be enlarged and broadcast constantly.

"Hi, I'm from the government and I'm here to protect you"

Hide your wallets folks. The Republicans are coming back.

Bush lowered taxes for every single taxpayer and Obama has raised them for every single taxpayer and you want to hide your wallet from Republicans.

Then came the recession. By Jove good job

Lowering tax rates had absolutely nothing to do with the recession. The housing bubble was bust was the cause of the recession. Most informed people know that.

Just a coinky dink right? The war didnt pay for itself and boy that revenue that was lost woulda really come in handy. But hey, we can always just borrow more right?

Oh right, you hate deficits too.

HAHAHAHAHA

The federal deficit didn't cause the recession dumbass.

Meh.

Like THAT would help.

I copied this from Wiki.

COME ON! You are an adult now. Think about it for just a second from an adult perspective.

You are in charge of a school or a classroom, and there has just been an announcement that the United States is under nuclear attack. You don’t know how far away the nearest bomb will hit, you don’t know whether parents have been notified, you don’t really know anything yet, except that in all likelihood people are going tocompletely freak out.

What does it accomplish if each child hiding under his or her desk?
It means:
1) You don’t have children running down the halls screaming
2) You don’t have children hiding in unknown places where you can’t find them
3) You can easily see who might be missing by looking to see which desks don’t have a child under them
It’s a way of keeping order and calm. It’s a way of making sure children don’t go missing in a panic before their parents show up. It’s the single most obvious and sensible thing to do, from an adult administrative perspective.

Of course it wasn’t explained this way to you when you were a kid, because you were a kid.

Now that you are an adult perhaps you should be able to understand the reasoning behind the 'duck and cover' routine in schools during the cold war. Then again..................perhaps not.
That does seem to have an aergument.

However, it seems to me that adults were doing it in order to be safe as well.

BTW, I'm 38 and originally from the Caribbean, so I wasn't a kid in America, nor was I even around at that time.

I read about adults building and/or buying underground shelters during those years, which seemed a bit over the top to me. In the event of a nuclear war between the USSR and the US, with the resultant radioactive fallout, their would not have been very many places left in the US to live in.

Your remark about who held Office at the time was uncalled for and entirely partisan.

Forum List

Back