Zone1 Do you hope that you cease to exist upon death?

Actually it's not. It's lack of objectivity that keeps people from seeing reality, being happy and being successful. No one wants to see the truth about themselves. That truth is violently opposed. Start seeing the truth about yourself then you'll see God.

You should embrace your sufferings.

Actually it's not. It's lack of objectivity that keeps people from seeing reality, being happy and being successful. No one wants to see the truth about themselves. That truth is violently opposed. Start seeing the truth about yourself then you'll see God.
Basically, a lie. Of course they didn't hate him because they thought what he was saying was true. What laughable nonsense.

You should embrace your sufferings.
I do. William James said it best, "When all is said and done, we are in the end absolutely dependent on the universe; and into sacrifices and surrenders of some sort, deliberately looked at and accepted, we are drawn and pressed as into our only permanent positions of repose. Now in those states of mind which fall short of belief in a higher power, the surrender is submitted to as an imposition of necessity, and the sacrifice is undergone at the very best without complaint. In the life of a believer, on the contrary, surrender and sacrifice are positively espoused: even unnecessary givings-up are added in order that the happiness may increase. Belief in God thus makes easy and felicitous what in any case is necessary; and if it be the only agency that can accomplish this result, its vital importance as a human faculty stands vindicated beyond dispute. It becomes an essential organ of our life, performing a function which no other portion of our nature can so successfully fulfill.

What is the definition of true?
The final state of fact which exists for all things. Otherwise known as objective truth, aka reality.

reality: the world or the state of things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional idea of them.

Of course you see it that way you have a preference for an outcome.
No, anyone who doesn't share your fath in a specific bronze age mythology will see it that way. And your given reason isn't why they would. And you know it.

Ding, why do you post in such bad faith? It does not reflect well on you.

The final state of fact which exists for all things. Otherwise known as objective truth, aka reality.

reality: the world or the state of things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional idea of them.

We can only see what our senses permit.

There might be stuff out there that’s not visible to us.

This Christian doesn't believe what you have described is correct. This Christian believes you have constructed a straw man that you can knock down. This Christian believes his beliefs are a little more difficult to knock down.

Christianity, like all religions, is chock full of hypocrisy and inconsistencies. It's why I'm no longer a practicing Catholic. I started thinking for myself and realized how inane so many of those beliefs are.

No, anyone who doesn't share your fath in a specific bronze age mythology will see it that way. And your given reason isn't why they would. And you know it.

Ding, why do you post in such bad faith? It does not reflect well on you.
I suspect a lot of people in my faith don't see it that way too. I've never been that concerned about other people's opinions. I'm just concerned with the truth. And for that you can have no preference for an outcome like you do. So keep on banging your drum.

Christianity, like all religions, is chock full of hypocrisy and inconsistencies. It's why I'm no longer a practicing Catholic. I started thinking for myself and realized how inane so many of those beliefs are.
Sure, it's full of imperfect humans. No different than any other organization. But by any OBJECTIVE measure religion has been a force for good. If it weren't then according to Darwin, it would have died out long ago. So clearly religion serves a purpose that no other agency can.

Forum List

Back