Do You Know Your Bible? The Book Of Job 1:12, If It Was You:

RandomVariable

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
You get to judge one of the persons listed and say what you would have done differently:
a) Job
b) the LORD
c) Satan

No pressure. Some believe there is no 'right' answer but the wise know better.

You get to judge one of the persons listed and say what you would have done differently:
a) Job
b) the LORD
c) Satan

d) RandomVariable aka Lucifer

a) Job
b) the LORD
c) Satan

Satan taunts God to which God shoulda replied,

"Whatever Satan."

Could spared Job the whole ordeal.

Given how God didn't just flip Satan the finger and get on with other things, it makes you wonder where this "turn the other cheek" stuff comes from. God never turned the other cheek. :)

a) Job
b) the LORD
c) Satan

Satan taunts God to which God shoulda replied,

"Whatever Satan."

Could spared Job the whole ordeal.
This about right for the new version?
7 And the LORD said unto Satan, Whenst comest thou?"
8 Satan says, "Whatever LORD."
9 Satan continues and says, "Doth Job fear God for nought?"
10 He say, "Whatever Satan."

a) Job
b) the LORD
c) Satan

This is just a general comment. I have been gone five moons and they COMPLETELY redo the interface. I like the previous version find.

a) Job
b) the LORD
c) Satan

Oh, I forgot to say what I would have done differently. I would have figured it out for myself. It is a question that can only be answered by the self. Duh.

a) Job
b) the LORD
c) Satan

You still get to pick a, b, or c but random guesses also count.

Well, if you read that text correctly, a, b, c, and, yourself are all the same, aren't they? But, only the truly "wise" would know that.

a) Job
b) the LORD
c) Satan

Oh, I forgot to say what I would have done differently. I would have figured it out for myself. It is a question that can only be answered by the self. Duh.
?
d) I
You still get to pick from a, b, or c but random guesses could also.
(Yes, I typed, not cut-n-paste, that. Maybe should be my signature. I have to go see where the smilies are. I love smilies, they are evil. ;) )

Almost. As God's subordinate Satan would answer in verse 8.
Wow, I can not keep up with the replies. And still no right answer? Oh yeah, I said there was no 'right' answer. I lied. [insert smilie here.]

It was a friendly conversation and the LORD is going to pull rank on him? Satan is probably an insubordinate to begin with. You have answered one question, I will give you that. But you raised a question; If God's subordinate does go all insubordinate, what next?

Wow, I can not keep up with the replies. And still no right answer? Oh yeah, I said there was no 'right' answer. I lied. [insert smilie here.]

It was a friendly conversation and the LORD is going to pull rank on him? Satan is probably an insubordinate to begin with. You have answered one question, I will give you that. But you raised a question; If God's subordinate does go all insubordinate, what next?

A good leader doesn't jump down into the muck with subordinates. God shoulda left Satan to his own devices rather than engage in debate with him.

a) Job
b) the LORD
c) Satan

You still get to pick a, b, or c but random guesses also count.

Well, if you read that text correctly, a, b, c, and, yourself are all the same, aren't they? But, only the truly "wise" would know that.
So I say go kick my own ass? That is a different book actually. What version are you using? I have the 1611 and the authorized NJV. Also biblehub solves all ties.

A good leader doesn't jump down into the muck with subordinates. God shoulda left Satan to his own devices rather than engage in debate with him.
And what does Satan at his own devices? Satan had a very valid point, did he not?

Given how God didn't just flip Satan the finger and get on with other things, it makes you wonder where this "turn the other cheek" stuff comes from. God never turned the other cheek. :)
Arrggg... I am going to be really bad at this because I have been off the board for a while. I can not find the part of the Bible off the top of my head. There is a parts about a bunch of prophets and a spirit that comes upon them to prophecies falsely and one guy gets offended by the suggestion and hits the correct prophet. This kind of turn the other cheek.

I really do not like to edit, understandably so, so I will do a double reply. All the same I guess. So orders, no debate. Old School. Some might think religion is old school but I was never good in school.

Hey, it was God who started it.

Satan apparently just went up to go chill in Heaven with God and the Angels, and God was like

"Where'd YOU come from"

And Satan was like "Oh, you know, cruisin' around back and forth across the Earth, just doing my thang. WHAT UP.

And then God started boasting about his slave Job.

"So have you noticed my servant Job? I bet you haven't. He's way too afraid of me to perform Evil.

What you got bitch.

WHAT YOU GOT???"

Satan was like,

"My nigga, you got Job spoiled like a little bitch. You protect him from all the fucked up shit in life. Ain't nobody comin' at him testin' his Faith. Thanks to you, he's got it made.

But you know...

He wouldn't be daddy's little princess if you took it all away. He'd straight up Curse yo ass."

God was like

"AWWWW HEYELLLLLL NO"

Aight then motherfucker. Lets see what you're made of. Go on down to Earth and go fuck up his life. Destroy everything he loves. Just don't lay a finger on him.

And watch.

He'll STILL WORSHIP ME.

Yeah.

That's right.

Your Father who art in Heaven

'bout to show you up.

Go."

So after being taunted by God, Satan powers up and goes on down to Earth, where he compels an army to kill off a bunch of Jobs' livestock.

Word on the streets reaches Job.

But Satan ain't done.

Satan calls upon the power of Hell and shoots a Kamehameha, destroying a bunch of Job's servants and sheep.

Job's homeboy tells him the bad news.

Satan compels another army to steal Job's animals and slaughter more of his servants.

The homie tells Job, who has now sensed a great disturbance in the Force.

Then, Satan hunts down Job's loved ones. Satan calls upon all the energy of Hell and launches a Spirit Bomb at them, effectively fucking nuking their asses and everything within a 666 mile radius.

Job is informed of the terrible news, that his sons and daughters just got turned into fucking charcoal.

But Job

FUCKING JOB

Job goes and shaves his head and rips off his robe, exposing his massively hung eleven inch penis, rock hard at the thought of proving his Faith to God.

And he screamed out with a charging pelvic thrust

"PRAAAAIISSSSEE GAAAAAWD!
HALLEFUCKINGLUJAH"

And The Lord was pleased.

Next day, Satan shows up in HEAVEN again to go kick it with God.

God was like

"Where did YOU come from?

Oh wait. Let me take a wild fucking guess. Job's place, perhaps?"

Satan was like

"I just fucking destroyed Job's life and he still worships you."

God crossed his arms and laughed at Satan.

"Yeah bitch.

That's right.

Uh huh.

What'd I fucking tell you.

My servant Job is still loyal. He's STILL too afraid of me to do evil, even though we just gone' fucked up his life.

You see?

That's how you fuckin' play God bitch ."

So while God was rolling his victory blunt, Satan was like

"You know...

We never actually hurt Job. We only mindfucked him. Let us see how much physical pain he can endure before he Curses you."

God hit the blunt and passed it to Satan.

"Alright bitch, go fuck with him. Just spare his life. But I'm tellin' you... he won't betray me. I'm fuckin' GOD yo, Lord of the Cosmos and I fucking know everything. But go on. Maybe you'll learn something."

So Satan powered up and flew on down to Earth, fantasizing about the terrible things he was about to do to Job.

And you motherfuckers know the rest.

Or do you.

Last edited:
Hey, it was God who started it.

Satan apparently just went up to go chill in Heaven with God and the Angels, and God was like

"Where'd YOU come from"

And Satan was like "Oh, you know, cruisin' around back and forth across the Earth, just doing my thang. WHAT UP.

And then God started boasting about his slave Job.

"So have you noticed my servant Job? I bet you haven't. He's way too afraid of me to perform Evil.

What you got bitch.

WHAT YOU GOT???"

Satan was like,

"My nigga, you got Job spoiled like a little bitch. You protect him from all the fucked up shit in life. Ain't nobody comin' at him testin' his Faith. Thanks to you, he's got it made.

But you know...

He wouldn't be daddy's little princess if you took it all away. He'd straight up Curse yo ass."

God was like

"AWWWW HEYELLLLLL NO"

Aight then motherfucker. Lets see what you're made of. Go on down to Earth and go fuck up his life. Destroy everything he loves. Just don't lay a finger on him.

And watch.

He'll STILL WORSHIP ME.

Yeah.

That's right.

Your Father who art in Heaven

'bout to show you up.

Go."

So after being taunted by God, Satan powers up and goes on down to Earth, where he compels an army to kill off a bunch of Jobs' livestock.

Word on the streets reaches Job.

But Satan ain't done.

Satan calls upon the power of Hell and shoots a Kamehameha, destroying a bunch of Job's servants and sheep.

Job's homeboy tells him the bad news.

Satan compels another army to steal Job's animals and slaughter more of his servants.

The homie tells Job, who has now sensed a great disturbance in the Force.

Then, Satan hunts down Job's loved ones. Satan calls upon all the energy of Hell and launches a Spirit Bomb at them, effectively fucking nuking their asses and everything within a 666 mile radius.

Job is informed of the terrible news, that his sons and daughters just got turned into fucking charcoal.

But Job

FUCKING JOB

Job goes and shaves his head and rips off his robe, exposing his massively hung eleven inch penis, rock hard at the thought of proving his Faith to God.

And he screamed out with a charging pelvic thrust

"PRAAAAIISSSSEE GAAAAAWD!
HALLEFUCKINGLUJAH"

And The Lord was pleased.

Next day, Satan shows up in HEAVEN again to go kick it with God.

God was like

"Where did YOU come from?

Oh wait. Let me take a wild fucking guess. Job's place, perhaps?"

Satan was like

"I just fucking destroyed Job's life and he still worships you."

God crossed his arms and laughed at Satan.

"Yeah bitch.

That's right.

Uh huh.

What'd I fucking tell you.

My servant Job is still loyal. He's STILL too afraid of me to do evil, even though we just gone' fucked up his life.

You see?

That's how you fuckin' play God bitch ."

So while God was rolling his victory blunt, Satan was like

"You know...

We never actually hurt Job. We only mindfucked him. Let us see how much physical pain he can endure before he Curses you."

God hit the blunt and passed it to Satan.

"Alright bitch, go fuck with him. Just spare his life. But I'm tellin' you... he won't betray me. I'm fuckin' GOD yo, Lord of the Cosmos and I fucking know everything. But go on. Maybe you'll learn something."

So Satan powered up and flew on down to Earth, fantasizing about the terrible things he was about to do to Job.

And you motherfuckers know the rest.

Or do you.

A very lengthy reply that dodges the question. Are you in politics? ;)

You point is most excellent however. Many people do believe religion is only for the poor and ignorant. Perhaps for another thread.

Forum List

Back