🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Do you love horror movies?

So you choose to literally shit your pants out of horror? I played a 10ish minutes demo in VR where I was tied to a chair with an NPC, and a zombie shows up to kill us. I spent the entire time in as close to the fetal position as I could manage in an armchair. And that's what you want???
The last time I played a system that I owned was when SuperNintendo was still around. I was more of a computer game guy, so a few years after that I still played some computer games, but after awhile, even that stopped.

I just hear about games/gaming every now and then from people like you who talk about it.

So the games are really THAT realistic huh? ...WoW!!

I can't believe you're doing that to yourself gramps. I played the teaser on a regular TV, and I've played a couple short horror sims on Playstation VR.

There's nothing you could say to me that would get me to play RE7 in VR.
The teaser can't hold a candle to this.
That's why I can't believe you would do it! Why? Go have a picnic instead! The new Zelda is coming out in a couple months! Wait for that!
Ummm, it's 20 degrees outside & dark. Not sure about you but I'll save that for spring thanks
So you choose to literally shit your pants out of horror? I played a 10ish minutes demo in VR where I was tied to a chair with an NPC, and a zombie shows up to kill us. I spent the entire time in as close to the fetal position as I could manage in an armchair. And that's what you want???
Not sure what to say. Some like horror movies others hate them. Some like haunted houses, others hate them. I enjoy a good thrill.
Fair enough :dunno:

The last time I played a system that I owned was when SuperNintendo was still around. I was more of a computer game guy, so a few years after that I still played some computer games, but after awhile, even that stopped.

I just hear about games/gaming every now and then from people like you who talk about it.

The new VR stuff is ridiculous. It's not QUITE there, but it's probably just one generation away from total mastery. 5 - 10 years.

The new VR stuff is ridiculous. It's not QUITE there, but it's probably just one generation away from total mastery. 5 - 10 years.
There are a few games in vr that are "there" but mostly on pc. Elite Dangerous on pc in vr is insanely cool. It's like being in a starwars pilots seat. It really is that good. This game is another one but you have to have the stomach for a first person on foot perspective since your brain tells you you're walking but your body says otherwise. Unfortunately Sony paid Capcom a huge pile of cash to keep this in vr exclusively for one year so the only way to play it that way is on the Playstation.

There are a few games in vr that are "there" but mostly on pc. Elite Dangerous on pc in vr is insanely cool. It's like being in a starwars pilots seat. It really is that good. This game is another one but you have to have the stomach for a first person on foot perspective since your brain tells you you're walking but your body says otherwise. Unfortunately Sony paid Capcom a huge pile of cash to keep this in vr exclusively for one year so the only way to play it that way is on the Playstation.
I played one on Playstation VR and it was amazing. You could lock onto ships with missiles by "looking" at them while controlling your ship in other directions. As good as it was, what I took from it was that the next generation of VR is the end-game for video games as we know them.

I played one on Playstation VR and it was amazing. You could lock onto ships with missiles by "looking" at them while controlling your ship in other directions. As good as it was, what I took from it was that the next generation of VR is the end-game for video games as we know them.
I dunno bout that. VR is bombing as far as gaming goes. Sales are flat and Sony even stopped production to the point if you don't own a PSVR already be prepared to pay through the nose via scalpers online. The last time brick & mortar stores had them was pre black Friday. I assume they will ship new units at some point but who knows.

I dunno bout that. VR is bombing as far as gaming goes. Sales are flat and Sony even stopped production to the point if you don't own a PSVR already be prepared to pay through the nose via scalpers online. The last time brick & mortar stores had them was pre black Friday. I assume they will ship new units at some point but who knows.
In 5-10 years or so, those VR headmasks are going to be able to do some truly amazing things. People said disks would never replace cartridges, blu-ray wouldn't replace disks, and now streaming and downloads are replacing hardware... want to watch the next Star Wars in 3d Imax? In a few years you can do that with a headset and headphones, and when you're done you can surf the web, watch TV, or play some crazy VR game without having to get up out of your chair.

If so may I suggest Resident Evil 7 Biohazard. Not the movie, the game. It just came out today. If you have a ps4 pro & a VR unit you can play it in virtual reality. It is fucking terrifying. No other horror experience comes close. I've watched all the horror movies & played most of the horror games and NOTHING comes close. The voice actors are top notch and the 4k visuals are impressive on a big screen.

A must own experience

I just used to love Horror movies, Freddie Krugger, Jason in the hocky mask, The Ring, Final destination, etc. whatever.... then that one came out with Barbara Streisand in it and it scared the S*** out of me,haven't been able to watch one since. Actually I think it was anything with Barbara Streisand.

If so may I suggest Resident Evil 7 Biohazard. Not the movie, the game. It just came out today. If you have a ps4 pro & a VR unit you can play it in virtual reality. It is fucking terrifying. No other horror experience comes close. I've watched all the horror movies & played most of the horror games and NOTHING comes close. The voice actors are top notch and the 4k visuals are impressive on a big screen.

A must own experience

I'm more into horror books than movies, but yes I do like horror movies.

I don't hate horror films, but I don't go looking for them either because of how unrealistic they all seem to be.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back