Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

Are you sure about that?

A doctor can't refuse "emergency" care, but when a patient comes to his office for routine appointments, my understanding is that he is not under any obligation to provide services.

Immie
You can't turn someone down because of their skin color or religion. :eusa_eh:

So, we are back to the argument that everyone has to do business with everyone else simply because of racism?

Personally, I would not refuse to serve a client that I didn't agree with, but I respect the right of a doctor, a photographer, a lawyer, a plumber, a bartender, a mechanic etc. to chose whom he will take on as a customer.

Personally, even though I oppose HCR, if that were my doctor and I came to his office for an appointment, I would immediately inform him, that I would be seeking a new doctor. It is in my opinion, inappropriate to do what he did. However, I still respect his right to have done so.

Immie
I'm just pointing out that you can't refuse service to people based on their ethnic background or religious views. So how can you refuse it based on political philosophy?

Not that I'd consider going near this idiot doctor.

You can't turn someone down because of their skin color or religion. :eusa_eh:

So, we are back to the argument that everyone has to do business with everyone else simply because of racism?

Personally, I would not refuse to serve a client that I didn't agree with, but I respect the right of a doctor, a photographer, a lawyer, a plumber, a bartender, a mechanic etc. to chose whom he will take on as a customer.

Personally, even though I oppose HCR, if that were my doctor and I came to his office for an appointment, I would immediately inform him, that I would be seeking a new doctor. It is in my opinion, inappropriate to do what he did. However, I still respect his right to have done so.

Immie
I'm just pointing out that you can't refuse service to people based on their ethnic background or religious views. So how can you refuse it based on political philosophy?

As I said, neither would I. However, in my opinion, your stance is one more step towards the removal of our right to associate with whomever we want to associate. I do not condone this doctor's behavior. However, I am uncomfortable with the government forcing us to provide services for something I am opposed to.

For instance, suppose I am an accountant. I am also a man of faith. Suppose an adult book store owner decided that he wanted to hire my firm to do his books. Being a man of faith and due to my religious convictions, I decide that I would rather not provide services to an adult bookstore. Yet, under your stance, I would be required to provide those services. I have a problem with that.

Immie

Immie

As I said, neither would I. However, in my opinion, your stance is one more step towards the removal of our right to associate with whomever we want to associate. I do not condone this doctor's behavior. However, I am uncomfortable with the government forcing us to provide services for something I am opposed to.

For instance, suppose I am an accountant. I am also a man of faith. Suppose an adult book store owner decided that he wanted to hire my firm to do his books. Being a man of faith and due to my religious convictions, I decide that I would rather not provide services to an adult bookstore. Yet, under your stance, I would be required to provide those services. I have a problem with that.

Immie
I'm talking about doctors. I don't think you should be allowed to BE a doctor if you are going to refuse service. It is unethical.

Heck, you can turn down the adult book store.

He will NOT lose money and patients.

He is making a point - and a very valid one.

His entire professional way of life is being overtaken by Big Government, and this is some small measure of communicating that to those in his own community.

Hippocratic Oath - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant:
I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow.

I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures [that] are required, avoiding those twin traps of overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism.
I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug.

I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery.

I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God.

I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick.

I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure.

I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm.

If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help.

Can someone point out to me where in this oath that all doctors take that not treating a certain group of people is applauded?

Last edited:

Immie
I'm talking about doctors. I don't think you should be allowed to BE a doctor if you are going to refuse service. It is unethical.

don't worry, many of them won't, they will choose to get outta the business rather than jumping through obama's hoops.

Hippocratic Oath - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant:
I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow.

I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures [that] are required, avoiding those twin traps of overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism.
I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug.

I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery.

I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God.

I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick.

I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure.

I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm.

If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help.

Can someone point out to me where in this oath that all doctors take that not treating a certain group of people is applauded?

it has been quitely pointed out to you libtards on numerous occasions that doctors do not like bureacracy. they will leave the profession..

pull 500 billion dollars from medicare?? you expect doctors to take medicare pathients?? That's why you are known as DUmmies.

Immie

One, he did not say that he would turn anyone away. He suggested they seek care elsewhere.

Two, in the case of emergency care, he would be required by law to provide emergency care and then send the patient to his/her own doctor.

Three, If the doctor can't turn away patients, what right do I as an accountant have to turn away clients. Weren't you involved in the thread about whether or not a photographer could turn down a lesbian wedding ceremony? Didn't you claim the photographer was required to perform her services to that lesbian couple. If the photographer is required to do so, why would I as an accountant be afforded the right to turn down an adult book store?

Note: if you did not say that in the other thread then fine this question does not apply to you, but I thought we had this discussion then.

Immie

84% of the people answering the poll said "good for him." :lol: ya'll keep on believing though that everybody wanted this.. keep on keeping on. :cuckoo:

The sign in no way contradicts the doctor's oath to provide care.

What the sign does communicate is that Obamacare in fact is setting up obstacles to providing that very care his patients have enjoyed prior...

Yup - the doctor is quickly becoming a hero.

Of course, he must simply be an anti-Obama racist pig though...

____

84% of the people answering the poll said "good for him." :lol: ya'll keep on believing though that everybody wanted this.. keep on keeping on. :cuckoo:

Immie

One, he did not say that he would turn anyone away. He suggested they seek care elsewhere.

Two, in the case of emergency care, he would be required by law to provide emergency care and then send the patient to his/her own doctor.

Three, If the doctor can't turn away patients, what right do I as an accountant have to turn away clients. Weren't you involved in the thread about whether or not a photographer could turn down a lesbian wedding ceremony? Didn't you claim the photographer was required to perform her services to that lesbian couple. If the photographer is required to do so, why would I as an accountant be afforded the right to turn down an adult book store?

Note: if you did not say that in the other thread then fine this question does not apply to you, but I thought we had this discussion then.

Immie
You're mixing me up with someone else.

Immie

Immie

If this physician has established a "relationship" with any given patien ie seen them and treated them then he is obligated to issue a letter informing said patient he no longer wishes to be his/her physician. Then he is obligated to assist said patient to the best of his ability in finding another physician.

Last edited:
it has been quitely pointed out to you libtards on numerous occasions that doctors do not like bureacracy. they will leave the profession..

Bureacracy? Do you mean Bureaucracy?

Also, no one likes to deal with paper work. However, Bureaucracy is not a evil thing.

The sign in no way contradicts the doctor's oath to provide care.

What the sign does communicate is that Obamacare in fact is setting up obstacles to providing that very care his patients have enjoyed prior...

:cuckoo:

Because refusing care to someone is providing care? :eusa_eh:

it is to doctors.

No, too much Bureaucracy hampers a doctor's ability to do work.

However, with technology over time and when it comes more inexpensive, it will be easier.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/19/technology/19patient.html

The report, published online on Wednesday in The New England Journal of Medicine, found that doctors who use electronic health records say overwhelmingly that such records have helped improve the quality and timeliness of care. Yet fewer than one in five of the nation’s doctors has started using such records.

I'm sure you'll hate this though.

The government took a step in that direction last week, announcing a $150 million Medicare project that will offer doctors incentives to move from paper to electronic patient records. The program is intended to help up to 1,200 small practices in 12 cities and states make the conversion.

Individual doctors will be offered up to $58,000 over the five-year span of the project, which is intended to test the impact of incentives on the spread of electronic health records. Further programs across the country are planned

Forum List

Back