Doctors Begin To Refuse Obamacare Patients

OriginalShroom

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2013
We tried to warn you..

What is Obama gonna do, sign an EO ordering Doctors to treat patients or lose their license?

Doctors Begin To Refuse Obamacare Patients | The Daily Caller

Obamacare plans have shrunk payments to physicians so much that some doctors say they won’t be able to afford to accept Obamacare coverage, NPR reports.

Many of the eight million sign-ups in Obamacare exchanges nationwide already face more limited choices for physicians and hospitals than those in the private insurance market. But with low physician reimbursement rates, the problem could get even worse.

For a typical quick patient visit, Dr. Doug Gerard, a Connecticut internist, told NPR a private insurer would pay $100 while Medicare would pay around $80. But Obamacare plans are more likely to pay closer to $80, which Gerard says is unsustainable for his practice.

:::::

“You get what you pay for,” said Connecticut State Medical Society president-elect Bob Russo. “If you can’t convince [doctors] that they’re not losing money doing their job, then it’s a problem. And they haven’t been able to convince people of that.”

I'll share an experience. I have had my Doctor for many years. Just went in for my yearly physical and was surprised in that I had no co=pay. It used to be $15 but as a result of Obamacare, was now 'free'. I am 'entitled' to one physical yearly at no cost. But here's the kicker....

My physical is now a joke. Under the new plan, he checked my ears, throat and lungs. That's it! No more EKG's etc.

So what's my gripe? My insurance premium increased as a result of Obamacare with my level of treatment falling.

Screw socialized medicine.

-Geaux

"Many of the eight million sign-ups in Obamacare exchanges nationwide already face more limited choices for physicians and hospitals than those in the private insurance market."

The exchanges are a private insurance market.

I'll share an experience. I have had my Doctor for many years. Just went in for my yearly physical and was surprised in that I had no co=pay. It used to be $15 but as a result of Obamacare, was now 'free'. I am 'entitled' to one physical yearly at no cost. But here's the kicker....

My physical is now a joke. Under the new plan, he checked my ears, throat and lungs. That's it! No more EKG's etc.

So what's my gripe? My insurance premium increased as a result of Obamacare with my level of treatment falling.

-Geaux

Don't make shit up.

-Geaux

Don't make shit up.

This is true story. Not making up anything. It is what it is

-Geaux

-Geaux

Well, you're always free to pay for an EKG out of your own pocket, right?

Isn't that the argument you wingnuts use when poor people can't get treatment?

-Geaux

Well, you're always free to pay for an EKG out of your own pocket, right?

Isn't that the argument you wingnuts use when poor people can't get treatment?

True, but I didn't have to pay before- thus my coverage is reduced with an increase in premium

-Geaux

no one has refused my obamacare...which in nc in under blue cross and blue shield....

It's the "Daily Caller".

They are known liars and propagandists.

Dominican official links Daily Caller to alleged lies about Menendez - The Washington Post

now i am confused? are you calling me a lair?

i think not....

so far i have been to hospital.....for a procedure....and the dermo....and the pcp ....all take it...so does rite aid etc...

this is the first year and there are problems but it will be worked out....you cant just dismantle the whole program at this point....it is working....

-Geaux

Don't make shit up.

-Geaux

You need an EKG because?

That was a large part of the problem with medicine prior to the ACA.

They were performing expensive and wholly un-necessary testing.

The savings introduced by Obamacare makes Medicare solvent until well past 2030.

Last edited:
I have looked into all the avenues of getting coverage being as my company lied to me and decided to drop health care starting in 2015. Their reason is that Obamacare is so affordable, it isn't. Group coverage is much more affordable especially if the company kicks in part of the amount.

I am not sure why the payments due to Obamacare would be less to the doctor. It is not like medicare it is private companies bidding on the business. What I do see is very high deductibes.

Obamacare is working for those who did not have coverage and have little income. Free stuff always works for people.

What I think would make Obamacare fair is that medical insurance premiums and copays should be tax deductible and not just over a percent of income.

Last edited:
yes it is working for people like me who had pre existing conditions and could not get insurance prior to this.....i am diabetic and my husband had a grand mal seizure years ago but neither of us were insurance able at a rate we could afford....

why is socialized medicine good enough for congress but not the people?

Don't make shit up.

-Geaux

You need an EKG because?

That was a large part of the problem with medicine prior to the ACA.

They were performing expensive and wholly un-necessary testing.

The savings introduced by Obamacare makes Medicare solvent until well past 2030.

Because he is 25 years old. Were you not getting EKG's when you were 25? Besides that, EKG was the first thing he could think of that Obama took away from him.

I had my last full physical at 50. Didn't even get an EKG then.

the only reason i got the ekg was due to my passing out....they wanted to rule out ...heart problems....
it was the first one i have had and i am 61

Forum List

Back