Doctors will not accept it

Answer this simple question...
Do you not think that a 40% increase in the cost of healthcare will price a lot of people out of the market?
It's a simple question,answer it.

Show me where you're getting that 40% from. Or just keep repeating it if that's all you can do.

Yeah, thought so...

Answer the question and we'll go from there.

Do you not think that a 40% increase in the cost of healthcare will price a lot of people out of the market?

Show me where you're getting that 40% from. Or just keep repeating it if that's all you can do.

Yeah, thought so...

You're asking me to answer a question based on a number you can't verify. How does that work, exactly?

Yeah, thought so...

You're asking me to answer a question based on a number you can't verify. How does that work, exactly?

And you wont answer because you know that high of a rate increase will do exactly what I claim it will do.
Run along noob...

Yeah, thought so...

And you wont answer because you know that high of a rate increase will do exactly what I claim it will do.
Run along noob...

What's the base rate?

You’re basically saying “Here’s a number I heard on FAUXnews or TalkRadio or, for all you know, pulled out of my ass (because if it was legit, I’d be able to point you to where I read it, but instead I’m flaming you and DEMANDING that you answer me)!!11!”

You're not very good at this, are you?

Yeah, thought so...

Run along noob...

What's the base rate?

You’re basically saying “Here’s a number I heard on FAUXnews or TalkRadio or, for all you know, pulled out of my ass (because if it was legit, I’d be able to point you to where I read it, but instead I’m flaming you and DEMANDING that you answer me)!!11!”

Whats the matter? Afraid to answer the question?

Yeah, thought so...

Run along noob...

What's the base rate?

I only answer questions that make sense.

Can anyone else here help Mr. Tonka Truck? He doesn't seem to know where he got that 40% of something-or-other from.

Run along noob...

What's the base rate?

I only answer questions that make sense.

Can anyone else here help Mr. Tonka Truck? He doesn't seem to know where he got that 40% of something-or-other from.

Well prius pussy if you read a newspaper on occasion and stopped getting all your news from the HuffingPaintPost you might know where the 40% comes from.

Yeah, thought so...

Run along noob...

What's the base rate?

Does it really make any difference?

Run along noob...

What's the base rate?

Sure it does.

Run along noob...

What's the base rate?

Sure it does.
You got me interested so I took a look.
For 2014 the average increase in premiums for both silver and bronze plans was 6.2%.
The largest increase was 43% in Western Minnesota.
The largest decrease was 45% in Southeast Alaska.

For 2015, the average across all states for marketplaces reporting is an increase of 5.4%.

For 2016, all premiums are not yet available. However, The cost of a benchmark silver plan in 11 major cities is on average 4.4% higher in 2016.

Analysis of 2016 Premium Changes and Insurer Participation in the Affordable Care Act s Health Insurance Marketplaces The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation
ACA state exchanges

In rural counties with a very low population, premiums may swing widely from year to year. So a 40% increase in one year occurs but so does a 40% decrease.

Last edited:
Each year we see articles projecting huge increases in premiums but when we look at the actual average increases across the country, the average is 5 to 6%. Before Obamacare, we saw announcements of 30% to 40% increases in premiums in various areas but the averages usually stayed in a range 3% to 5%.

Drop the insurance. Wait 4 months and sign up for Medicare. Save $3280.

:thup:

And make sure you don't get sick in the meantime...

Life is full of risks.

And some can be avoided. Not, apparently, by people who think "Obama care" is an insurance plan.:dunno:

You're right. Obamacare is not health insurance. It's the name of the ill conceived law that ruined health insurance.

:thup:

You're right.
It was never health care.........it was a way to raise taxes under the guise of health insurance.
A scam. Fraudulent like everything else Obama.

Each year we see articles projecting huge increases in premiums but when we look at the actual average increases across the country, the average is 5 to 6%. Before Obamacare, we saw announcements of 30% to 40% increases in premiums in various areas but the averages usually stayed in a range 3% to 5%.

We haven't been saying that for to long considering the aca is still pretty new.
And it was supposed to save us $2500 a year.
And the point is if it goes up 40% somewhere it's going to price some out of the market and thats a fact.
It'd be no different if your car payment went from six hundred bucks to a thousand...pretty sure you'd be trading it in for a cheaper model.

You're right.
It was never health care.........it was a way to raise taxes under the guise of health insurance.
A scam. Fraudulent like everything else Obama.

It. Is. Not. Health. Insurance. It is also not healthcare. It is a law designed to give more Americans *access* to healthcare, so that maybe the barista adding extra foam to your latte can get a flu shot so he doesn't coffee in your latte.

We haven't been saying that for to long considering the aca is still pretty new.
And the point is if it goes up 40% somewhere it's going to price some out of the market and thats a fact.
It'd be no different if your car payment went from six hundred bucks to a thousand...pretty sure you'd be trading it in for a cheaper model.
I really don't remember the details of the $2500, but I'm pretty sure it was meant as an average family savings. It included millions of people that now receive free medical care through the Medicaid expansion in 30 state, plus over 6 million families that get insurance subsidies, and of course those with higher incomes that get nothing from the government.

For those now covered under Medicaid and those receiving large subsidies, the ACA is certainly saving them big bucks. For those that aren't receiving any help from the government, they are paying more. Is the average family saving $2500? I doubt it because it was just a projection and no one really knew what savings would be realized and what additional costs would be incurred.

I really don't remember the details of the $2500, but I'm pretty sure it was meant as an average family savings. It included millions of people that now receive free medical care through the Medicaid expansion in 30 state, plus over 6 million families that get insurance subsidies, and of course those with higher incomes that get nothing from the government.

For those now covered under Medicaid and those receiving large subsidies, the ACA is certainly saving them big bucks. For those that aren't receiving any help from the government, they are paying more. Is the average family saving $2500? I doubt it because it was just a projection and no one really knew what savings would be realized and what additional costs would be incurred.

You danced around the facts with great alacrity.....

Orly? Refute them, then. Or just flame. You seem to be a *really* good flamer...

Orly? Refute them, then. Or just flame. You seem to be a *really* good flamer...

If you want to come out of the closet leave me out of it.

Forum List

Back