Does Cecil the lion trump Planned Parenthood selling aborted tissue stories???

Good question. And it would make an excellent discussion. But it is not the issue in this case.
Then why involve yourself in the conversation? You should know where this conversation logically ends up. and I know it ends up at a double think dilemma, unless you are consistent with your beliefs. In that case Germany was justifiable to euthanize their mentally challenged as social fiscal burdens

The fact that others expect the topic to change does not effect my discussion. The topic is about the "selling" aborted tissues v. Cecil the lion being killed. I have no problem discussing the details of either. But the topic need not be about abortion.

And since the point of the thread is to compare the media and public reaction to the two stories, making it about abortion is silly. Can you imagine a headline "Planned Parenthood Performs Abortions"?
But you commented about not letting valuable tissue go to waste, which leads into whether or not it's ethical to end the life of a human who is unable to make that decision. And then you circled back to saying it's not relevant. I missing where it lost relevance

I have not discussed abortion. What I HAVE discussed is what should be done with the fetal remains. As long as abortions are being performed legally, it seems criminal to throw valuable organs and tissues into an incinerator. That is the sum total of my point.

All of my discussion starts after the abortion has been performed.
Kind of cart in front of the horse since the ethics of it should be the bigger part. Kind of like saying forget about the robbing of the bank, now what should we do with this money

lol

You are adamant about making this all about abortion. I am not. I am discussing the topic. If we discuss organ donation of adults, I see not point in discussing how they died.

Good question. And it would make an excellent discussion. But it is not the issue in this case.
Then why involve yourself in the conversation? You should know where this conversation logically ends up. and I know it ends up at a double think dilemma, unless you are consistent with your beliefs. In that case Germany was justifiable to euthanize their mentally challenged as social fiscal burdens

It is truly amazing how distracted it appears at least people on this board are from keeping on topic.
My purpose was to show how completely void of compassion for humans that the MSM is by focusing on the death of ONE animal!
Instead of showing how devoid of humanity these methodical nazi-like "doctors" treating aborted tissues paid for with TAX dollars the MSM downplays that and
front pages "Cecil the Lion"!
And you contributors who bring ever subject other then this focus from Nixon, to whatever... you show this disjointed view that I by extrapolation would say
is common with Americans...i.e. totally influenced by the biased MSM...which was again the point!
This was the topic title: Does Cecil the lion trump Planned Parenthood selling aborted tissue stories???

Planned Parenthood does not use tax dollars for abortions. Yes, they receive tax dollars. But those go to other services, which actually constitute the majority of services provided by PP.

Also, your insistence that we answer whether or not the Cecil story trumps the PP story requires that we only read one story and only have compassion for one issue. When you start with a bogus statement, what follows is almost always just as bogus.

I guess you haven't read the new health care bill where tax dollars are going towards abortions.

No, I haven't. Are those abortions being performed by Planned Parenthood?

Also, are federal funds used in abortion on demand? Or are they reserved solely for victims of rape and incest or in cases where the mother's life is in danger?

Abortion fees hidden in Obamacare premiums
“The president promised when the health care bill passed that it would not cover abortion. We knew that was an empty promise as the bill stipulated a $1 a month surcharge for plans that covered abortions,” said Rep. Joe Pitts, R-Pa., who chairs the House’s Energy and Commerce subcommittee on Health. “On top of that … it’s near impossible to decipher which plans include abortion and at what cost!”

To fix this, a House bill will be introduced this week to demand full disclosure and a separate itemized premium. It also will prohibit federal subsidies for Obamacare insurance plans that cover abortion. That bill, HR-7, or the “No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act,” will be introduced by House Majority Leader Eric Cantor.

On Oct. 9, Rep. Chris Smith, R-NJ, introduced a bill on the disclosure issue, which now has been folded into the broader HR-7. Smith is co-chairman of the Bipartisan Congressional Pro-Life Caucus.

This bill did not pass.
It passed the House but was killed in the Senate.
So where exactly is that 1.00 a month surcharge really going towards?

It is truly amazing how distracted it appears at least people on this board are from keeping on topic.
My purpose was to show how completely void of compassion for humans that the MSM is by focusing on the death of ONE animal!
Instead of showing how devoid of humanity these methodical nazi-like "doctors" treating aborted tissues paid for with TAX dollars the MSM downplays that and
And you contributors who bring ever subject other then this focus from Nixon, to whatever... you show this disjointed view that I by extrapolation would say
is common with Americans...i.e. totally influenced by the biased MSM...which was again the point!
This was the topic title: Does Cecil the lion trump Planned Parenthood selling aborted tissue stories???

Planned Parenthood does not use tax dollars for abortions. Yes, they receive tax dollars. But those go to other services, which actually constitute the majority of services provided by PP.

Also, your insistence that we answer whether or not the Cecil story trumps the PP story requires that we only read one story and only have compassion for one issue. When you start with a bogus statement, what follows is almost always just as bogus.

I guess you haven't read the new health care bill where tax dollars are going towards abortions.

Also, are federal funds used in abortion on demand? Or are they reserved solely for victims of rape and incest or in cases where the mother's life is in danger?

“The president promised when the health care bill passed that it would not cover abortion. We knew that was an empty promise as the bill stipulated a $1 a month surcharge for plans that covered abortions,” said Rep. Joe Pitts, R-Pa., who chairs the House’s Energy and Commerce subcommittee on Health. “On top of that … it’s near impossible to decipher which plans include abortion and at what cost!”

To fix this, a House bill will be introduced this week to demand full disclosure and a separate itemized premium. It also will prohibit federal subsidies for Obamacare insurance plans that cover abortion. That bill, HR-7, or the “No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act,” will be introduced by House Majority Leader Eric Cantor.

On Oct. 9, Rep. Chris Smith, R-NJ, introduced a bill on the disclosure issue, which now has been folded into the broader HR-7. Smith is co-chairman of the Bipartisan Congressional Pro-Life Caucus.

This bill did not pass.

I don't know where the $1 is going. And neither do you.

Once again, is the new healthcare bill providing funding for all abortions or just those involving rape, incest, or saving the mother's life?

I missed this yesterday and saw it this morning, this is very disturbing. If they are selling babies that were born before a procedure it's a whole new ball game. A whole new ball game.

There are many example of horrifying exchanges between the actors posing as buyers and the "doctor" making the sales pitch, but perhaps the most unbelievable was the casual discussion of "intact fetuses."

INTACT FETUSES FOR SALE: New Planned Parenthood Video Released
"It's a baby" says doctor picking over parts for pricing.

BUYER: Alright, so, intact?
PP: Intact, so we do basically D&Es. Intact is probably less than 10%.
BUYER: Less than 10%.
PP: Sometimes, you know, if we get, if someone delivers before we are able to see them for a procedure then we are intact.

INTACT FETUSES FOR SALE New Planned Parenthood Video Released Truth Revolt

This bill did not pass.

I don't know where the $1 is going. And neither do you.

Once again, is the new healthcare bill providing funding for all abortions or just those involving rape, incest, or saving the mother's life?

That was my point without that bill making it very clear, we the public do no know where and what it will be used for.
When the President lied about the Health Care bill from the start that gives the public doubts.

I missed this yesterday and saw it this morning, this is very disturbing. If they are selling babies that were born before a procedure it's a whole new ball game. A whole new ball game.

There are many example of horrifying exchanges between the actors posing as buyers and the "doctor" making the sales pitch, but perhaps the most unbelievable was the casual discussion of "intact fetuses."

PP: Sometimes, you know, if we get, if someone delivers before we are able to see them for a procedure then we are intact.

HEY!!!! Get a life! Remember Cecil the Lion is vastly more important to the MSM and the general public! Who gives flip about dead babies!!!
(SARCASM!!!)))

The fact that others expect the topic to change does not effect my discussion. The topic is about the "selling" aborted tissues v. Cecil the lion being killed. I have no problem discussing the details of either. But the topic need not be about abortion.

And since the point of the thread is to compare the media and public reaction to the two stories, making it about abortion is silly. Can you imagine a headline "Planned Parenthood Performs Abortions"?
But you commented about not letting valuable tissue go to waste, which leads into whether or not it's ethical to end the life of a human who is unable to make that decision. And then you circled back to saying it's not relevant. I missing where it lost relevance

I have not discussed abortion. What I HAVE discussed is what should be done with the fetal remains. As long as abortions are being performed legally, it seems criminal to throw valuable organs and tissues into an incinerator. That is the sum total of my point.

Kind of cart in front of the horse since the ethics of it should be the bigger part. Kind of like saying forget about the robbing of the bank, now what should we do with this money

lol

You are adamant about making this all about abortion. I am not. I am discussing the topic. If we discuss organ donation of adults, I see not point in discussing how they died.

MY driver's license clearly states "Organ Donor" IN RED!!!
MY choice! Obviously the discussion is about a living being NOT given the choice!

HEY!!!! Get a life! Remember Cecil the Lion is vastly more important to the MSM and the general public! Who gives flip about dead babies!!!
(SARCASM!!!)))

AND REMEMBER!!!!! You can ONLY be upset about one story at a time!!!!!!

lol

MY choice! Obviously the discussion is about a living being NOT given the choice!

My children were also registered as organ donors when they were small. I made that decision.

The mothers of the aborted fetuses made the decision to donate.

lol

My children were also registered as organ donors when they were small. I made that decision.

The mothers of the aborted fetuses made the decision to donate.
They were also NOT ABORTED so their organs could be used instead of being DEAD organs!

Did the mothers KNOW what was going to happen? I doubt they were in any condition to make that decision!

I'm glad the right wing media is around to tell these nutters who, when, and why they should show outrage. They need to be told how to think, and apparently all the nutters here share the same brain. How many of these threads are you gonna start?

Last edited:
The thrill killing of animals is a wanton act because an ego wants a trophy to hang on the wall.

The decision to seek an abortion is something else. It is certainly not any kind of wanton act for thrills...no one is putting up a fetus as a trophy...an abortion comes because of an important and significant issue in the life of a woman who has to make a difficult choice. I do not condemn or criticize women who choose abortion no siree... I do condemn wanton thrill killing by rich people of exotic animals .....its gross and its barbaric...

The killing of animals for trophy is barbaric. The killing of human beings to sell their body parts is even more barbaric.

"Heavily edit" means, what, parts where they talked about the shitty coffee and whined about how unfair their hairdressers are were deleted?

The killing of animals for trophy is barbaric. The killing of human beings to sell their body parts is even more barbaric.

If they were killing human beings so they could sell their body parts, it WOULD be barbaric. That isn't what happened.

If they were killing human beings so they could sell their body parts, it WOULD be barbaric. That isn't what happened.

Planned Parenthood is just like the NAZIs who's first purpose was ethnic cleansing...(hmmm sound familiar Ms Sanger?)) but then the Nazis found gold in them there teeth! Along with wedding bands and pretty soon it was a healthy revenue generator!

Sounds like some people on this board really respect the efficiency of Planned Parenthood's efforts to cleanse the human race.

"Heavily edit" means, what, parts where they talked about the shitty coffee and whined about how unfair their hairdressers are were deleted?
The Fourth Video Attacking Planned Parenthood Is Also Full Of Doctored Footage Research Media Matters for America

But Latest Video Once Again Shows Planned Parenthood Officials Discussing Legal
Reimbursements For Fetal Tissue Donations

Latest Video Again Shows Nothing Illegal. Like the three previously released deceptively-edited videos from CMP, the organization's latest undercover video does not include any evidence of illegal activity on the part of Planned Parenthood. Instead, the video once again features strategically-edited conversations that merely show that the organization is being reimbursed for costs associated with the procurement of fetal tissue, which federal law allows. [Media Matters for America, 7/28/15, Media Matters for America, 7/14/15; Media Matters for America, 7/21/15]

Both Planned Parenthood Official And Actor Note That Fees Are For "Processing And Time." CMP's video features a Planned Parenthood doctor discussing the fetal tissue reimbursement process with an undercover actor. Over the course of the conversation, both the actor and doctor acknowledge that compensation was based on reimbursement of "processing and time," as allowed under federal law. According to the video (emphasis added):

ACTOR: I think the resistance that I have felt is from people that, yes, they want to do it, but they don't understand that doing it right can be easy. Just with getting the attorneys on board, having, I mean we all know that for example, compensation.

I want to come in and pay you top dollar because I know what you're going to be facing and I want you to be happy. I want to make sure our suppliers are happy, so compensation, okay, your cost is negligent. So it could look like we're paying you for specimens.

GINDE: Right.

ACTOR: So let's talk about it correctly.

ACTOR: We all know that yes, that's what we're doing.

GINDE: So processing and time, and yeah.

ACTOR: Exactly.So yes, I am paying you, but how we're talking about it out there in the public square. [The Center for Medical Progress, 7/30/15]

Forum List

Back