Dog wheelchair for backlegs, anyone try these?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
If so, will it be difficult for him to go to the washroom? Difficult for a 50-60 pound dog to get accustomed to it? Getting one will surely extend his life, but I dont want him to have it on 24/7, maybe a few hours per day and for some walks. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
We had an American Eskimo. He loved his. He had it on most of the time. Acted like they were his legs.

If so, will it be difficult for him to go to the washroom? Difficult for a 50-60 pound dog to get accustomed to it? Getting ome will surely extend his life, but I dont want him to have it on 24/7, maybe a few hours per day and for some walks. Any feedbsck would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.
You should have a local charity near you that handles dog wheelchairs. Ask one.

My boy, Cowboy had one in his later years due to spinal issues. He could walk short distances in the house but nothing further, and his quality of life was going down hill. It made a huge difference and he had no problem adjusting (he was 45 lbs).. That said, every dog is different. I took Cowboy to a certified animal physical therapists, who kept him mobile for 3 yrs, until we need a cart. She helped me measure it correctly and introduce it to him.

IMG_3442.jpeg

My boy, Cowboy had one in his later years due to spinal issues. He could walk short distances in the house but nothing further, and his quality of life was going down hill. It made a huge difference and he had no problem adjusting (he was 45 lbs).. That said, every dog is different. I took Cowboy to a certified animal physical therapists, who kept him mobile for 3 yrs, until we need a cart. She helped me measure it correctly and introduce it to him.

View attachment 805860
I just had one get an amputation from being hit by a car, he is nine years old and around seventy pounds I plan on getting him one.

If so, will it be difficult for him to go to the washroom? Difficult for a 50-60 pound dog to get accustomed to it? Getting one will surely extend his life, but I dont want him to have it on 24/7, maybe a few hours per day and for some walks. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.
My wife was a veterinarian and I have seen quite a few dogs that used wheels and as far as urinating and defecating it depends on the dog's level of impairment.

I knew one dog that really had no trouble and a couple others whose owners had them in doggy diapers.

Forum List

Back