I rescued a wounded, homeless little stray cat!

Lisa558

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2021
I saw it and called Animal Control, and they got him and took him to the Animal Shelter. I told the Animal Shelter if that nobody claimed him, I would like to adopt him - and they said I would get first dibs if nobody did.

During the waiting period they treated him for his wounds - a big one on his face and a smaller one on his paw, due to a fight most likely - and by the time the waiting period expired, his wounds were healing nicely, he got his shots and got fixed, he had gained a little weight, and was ready for his new home.

So….little Sammie is home with me! I have him in his safe room, and he’s really warmed up to me. (He’s VERY small even though he’s an adult, probably due to malnutrition in his kittenhood.) My only worry is that due to his rough start in life, he may end up having health issues, but he’s very sweet and I figure it’s a ”mitzvah”.

I hope the little guy has a long life.

I saw it and called Animal Control, and they got him and took him to the Animal Shelter. I told the Animal Shelter if that nobody claimed him, I would like to adopt him - and they said I would get first dibs if nobody did.

During the waiting period they treated him for his wounds - a big one on his face and a smaller one on his paw, due to a fight most likely - and by the time the waiting period expired, his wounds were healing nicely, he got his shots and got fixed, he had gained a little weight, and was ready for his new home.

So….little Sammie is home with me! I have him in his safe room, and he’s really warmed up to me. (He’s VERY small even though he’s an adult, probably due to malnutrition in his kittenhood.) My only worry is that due to his rough start in life, he may end up having health issues, but he’s very sweet and I figure it’s a ”mitzvah”.

It's good being able to be the one who takes one small life and makes it more worth living and less painful for the critter.

Bless you!

We adopted two feral brothers from my friend's barn. They were young, estimated at about a year old. They lived very long healthy lives and were just great pets. It took a whole summer for them to allow us to hold them. At that point they became lap cats though they remained shy of strangers their entire lives. Once we gave them run of the house, they insisted that we let them outside by whining endlessly at the doors so they were always inside/outside cats. I never had to have a litter box for years because of that and I could call them and they'd come like dogs.

Enjoy and good job!

3 wild cats have been coming to my back door for a few years now.....they lay around in the back yard and on the table with a unbrella over it but they will not be touched....some wild cats just cannot be tamed....these 3 cats...a orange one, a grey one and a black one always hang togeter....must be siblings.

We adopted two feral brothers from my friend's barn. They were young, estimated at about a year old. They lived very long healthy lives and were just great pets. It took a whole summer for them to allow us to hold them. At that point they became lap cats though they remained shy of strangers their entire lives. Once we gave them run of the house, they insisted that we let them outside by whining endlessly at the doors so they were always inside/outside cats. I never had to have a litter box for years because of that and I could call them and they'd come like dogs.

Enjoy and good job!
You did a wonderful mitzvah as well with your two boys! So glad they lived long, healthy lives.

Mine isn’t feral. Otherwise, the shelter would have done the neuter and return thing. He’s actually quite comfortable with people, and the shelter said that because he is so small, people probably were feeding him out on the streets. I’ll never know his back-story, only that he is a survivor with a rough past, but now he’s safe and will never have to scrounge for food again!

3 wild cats have been coming to my back door for a few years now.....they lay around in the back yard and on the table with a unbrella over it but they will not be touched....some wild cats just cannot be tamed....these 3 cats...a orange one, a grey one and a black one always hang togeter....must be siblings.
Those are definitely feral.

Pics?

Good job!

Forum List

Back