I rescued a wounded, homeless little stray cat!

3 wild cats have been coming to my back door for a few years now.....they lay around in the back yard and on the table with a unbrella over it but they will not be touched....some wild cats just cannot be tamed....these 3 cats...a orange one, a grey one and a black one always hang togeter....must be siblings.
Don't count on feral cats being unable to be tamed. Some just give up. They get old and retire to some human's house. The most well known has to an old scarred, ragged eared street cat they called Grandpa Mason. Stiff with arthritis he just picked a home to retire and spent his last years raising orphaned kittens.

I saw it and called Animal Control, and they got him and took him to the Animal Shelter. I told the Animal Shelter if that nobody claimed him, I would like to adopt him - and they said I would get first dibs if nobody did.

During the waiting period they treated him for his wounds - a big one on his face and a smaller one on his paw, due to a fight most likely - and by the time the waiting period expired, his wounds were healing nicely, he got his shots and got fixed, he had gained a little weight, and was ready for his new home.

So….little Sammie is home with me! I have him in his safe room, and he’s really warmed up to me. (He’s VERY small even though he’s an adult, probably due to malnutrition in his kittenhood.) My only worry is that due to his rough start in life, he may end up having health issues, but he’s very sweet and I figure it’s a ”mitzvah”.

I hope the little guy has a long life.

Seems like we should have a club or group or something for those of us who have taken in stray cats.

Mine was a stray around my apartment complex for several years; last year, he suddenly decided he's my wife's and my cat, and earlier this year, we made it official, getting him chipped and registered to us, and listed on our lease.

So, when do we get to see pictures of your new cat?

ZSC_4672-DeNoiseAI-raw_5x4_Vivid_2000x1600.jpg

ZSC_6900-topaz-denoiseraw-sharpenG2000x1236.jpg
ZSC_7184-topaz-denoiserawG2000x1236.jpg

Seems like we should have a club or group or something for those of us who have taken in stray cats.

Mine was a stray around my apartment complex for several years; last year, he suddenly decided he's my wife's and my cat, and earlier this year, we made it official, getting him chipped and registered to us, and listed on our lease.

So, when do we get to see pictures of your new cat?

View attachment 806482
View attachment 806481View attachment 806480

He is so beautiful!!!:biggrin:

Forum List

Back