Dolly Parton dedicated an entire ACM Awards to Ukraine, Classy people support the Free World, the trash/ cowards support /like Moscow imperialism

Something I never stated.

So, you feel that the United States and Great Britain accomplished what they agreed to in the memorandum leading up to and following the 2014 occupation of Crimea by Russia? Historical actions I've highlighted that demonstrate otherwise, while Crimea is still occupied by Russia.

The fact that you are making this argument just shows how ignorant you are of what was going on in 2014 when Crimea was taken over.

Leading up to 2014 Yanukovich administration greatly defunded and downsized Ukranian army and on top of that Ukraine was in the middle of a serious government crisis and had no leadership structure to mount any sort of serious millitary response against Russia. Foreign material support in 2014 would do exactly NOTHING as there was no serious army that could actually use it.

Ukraine elected a persuit of diplomatic international resolution to Crimean occupation and used the next eight years to build up it's army. NONE OF THAT MEANS WE SHOULDN'T BE SUPPORTING UKRAINE TODAY.

Security support commitments are only going to expire when Ukraine gets nuclear weapons again or becomes NATO member.

Last edited:
The fact that you are making this argument just shows how ignorant you are of what was going on in 2014 when Crimea was taken over.

Leading up to 2014 Yanukovich administration greatly defunded and downsized Ukranian army and on top of that Ukraine was in the middle of a serious government crisis and had no leadership structure to mount any sort of serious millitary response against Russia. Foreign material support in 2014 would do exactly NOTHING as there was no serious army that could actually use it.

Ukraine elected a persuit of diplomatic international resolution to Crimean occupation and used the next eight years to build up it's army. NONE OF THAT MEANS WE SHOULDN'T BE SUPPORTING UKRAINE TODAY.

Security support commitments are only going to expire when Ukraine gets nuclear weapons again or becomes NATO member.
It looks like I'm better versed on the topic than you. Clearly. In fact, many of the items you referenced above support many of the points I've already made:

Are you actually going to read this, or will you pull an IM2 and just say 'WRONG!" LOL
  • In regards to the context of military readiness, their lack of readiness and the political crisis in Ukraine made it nearly impossible to mount a strong defense, which highlights the inadequacy of the security assurances provided in the Budapest Memorandum.
  • After annexation, Ukraine's diplomatic efforts to resolve the situation and attempt to build a stronger military demonstrate a lack of adherence to the Budapest Memorandum's intention of preventing such situations.
  • The Budapest Memorandum is the centerpiece of commitments made by the United States, Great Britain, and Russia regarding Ukraine's sovereignty and underscoring the security dynamics before and after the annexation of Crimea. They clearly demonstrate the failure of the United States and Great Britain to uphold their commitments and have produced the long-term effect we all saw in real-time in February of 2022. The United States and Great Britain's response in 2014 was deemed more reactionary, by imposing sanctions, as opposed to being more comprehensive by providing military aid, coordination with Allies, humanitarian aid and a public commitment to Ukraine.
What else you got?

It looks like I'm better versed on the topic than you. Clearly. In fact, many of the items you referenced above support many of the points I've already made:

Are you actually going to read this, or will you pull an IM2 and just say 'WRONG!" LOL
  • In regards to the context of military readiness, their lack of readiness and the political crisis in Ukraine made it nearly impossible to mount a strong defense, which highlights the inadequacy of the security assurances provided in the Budapest Memorandum.
  • After annexation, Ukraine's diplomatic efforts to resolve the situation and attempt to build a stronger military demonstrate a lack of adherence to the Budapest Memorandum's intention of preventing such situations.
  • The Budapest Memorandum is the centerpiece of commitments made by the United States, Great Britain, and Russia regarding Ukraine's sovereignty and underscoring the security dynamics before and after the annexation of Crimea. They clearly demonstrate the failure of the United States and Great Britain to uphold their commitments and have produced the long-term effect we all saw in real-time in February of 2022. The United States and Great Britain's response in 2014 was deemed more reactionary, by imposing sanctions, as opposed to being more comprehensive by providing military aid, coordination with Allies, humanitarian aid and a public commitment to Ukraine.
What else you got?

You keep repeating same dumb shit wrapped up slightly different way.

Nothing about how Ukraine handled Crimean annexation in any way nullified our agreement to assist their defense efforts.

You keep repeating same dumb shit wrapped up slightly different way.

Nothing about how Ukraine handled Crimean annexation in any way nullified our agreement to assist their defense efforts.
.. while you keep repeating the same dumb shit about something I never said. I know the truth hurts, but the United States and Great Britain failed to meet their commitments leading up to and in response to the Crimea invasion. Regardless, the Budapest Memo is not legally binding.

Forum List

Back