🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Donald Trump is wrong when it comes to NAFTA

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I really don't think that NAFTA is at fault for the decline of American industry. I really think the fault is in its inability to innovate. When was the last time that factories have came up with something revolutionary on the scale of the assembly line. It was the assembly line that made so many manufacturing jobs in the 20th century but it seems like companies can't or won't innovate something that would improve manufacturing. They want to stay with the same method that existed over a hundred years ago.

So, manufacturing has not moved from the U.S. to Mexico?

Logistics is my field, so keep in mind that I will bury you in verifiable facts.

I'll give you a teaser. How many truckloads of automotive parts run from Laredo to Detroit every day?

How many MEXICAN trucks are delivering those parts?

Thank you NAFTA.

I really don't think that NAFTA is at fault for the decline of American industry. I really think the fault is in its inability to innovate. When was the last time that factories have came up with something revolutionary on the scale of the assembly line. It was the assembly line that made so many manufacturing jobs in the 20th century but it seems like companies can't or won't innovate something that would improve manufacturing. They want to stay with the same method that existed over a hundred years ago.

American has innovative on everything. The Internet for one. The iphone and other digital devices. Don't kid yourself with these types of thoughts. It was predicted the result of NAFTA and it has happened.

• Banned

American has innovative on everything. The Internet for one. The iphone and other digital devices. Don't kid yourself with these types of thoughts. It was predicted the result of NAFTA and it has happened.

There is a lot of innovation in electronics such as computing technology but as those new ideas begin to slow down the lure for people to invest in them goes down. This is why I think factory type jobs are on the decline. It doesn't look as lucrative to investors so they build less factories. The same thing will happen to computers when there is a slow down there.

NAFTA has hurt American industry and jobs by, among other things, forcing our companies to compete against Latin American companies that pay their workers dirt wages and that don't have to worry about safety standards and over-regulation.

Trade Policy

How about robotics? Those who go to mehico where they can hire desperate young people who get no healthcare, pension, or unemployment benefits, are simply dodging the expense of robotics. NAFTA and joining the WTO were suicidal for the American working man. Clinton deserves to be hanged for many things....but NAFTA is at the top of the list.

Also Clinton did support her husband’s embrace of the North American Free Trade Agreement in 1993. But it’s worth recalling the agreement was negotiated and signed by George H.W. Bush — and approved by Congress with a majority of Republican votes.

Innovation has played a major part in the reduction of factory jobs.

But the Free trade agreements have always been about moving American Capital to cheaper labor markets with a guarantee that they would be able to ship the products back to the US market for sale without suffering any penalty. Profit has always been the motive, not American jobs. No reason to think either candidate will actually change the equation.

Also Clinton did support her husband’s embrace of the North American Free Trade Agreement in 1993. But it’s worth recalling the agreement was negotiated and signed by George H.W. Bush — and approved by Congress with a majority of Republican votes.

BULLSHIT...it was signed into law in December, 1993 by the turd Willy Clinton after some of the seediest, sleaziest, and downright criminal bribery ever seen. And Hillary was one of it's biggest advocates behind the scenes.

BULLSHIT...it was signed into law in December, 1993 by the turd Willy Clinton after some of the seediest, sleaziest, and downright criminal bribery ever seen. And Hillary was one of it's biggest advocates behind the scenes.
You guys prove how dumb you are when you say shit like this. I don't know how old you are but I was an adult back then. The GOP INVENTED NAFTA, the unions hated it, Bush was going to fucking sign it but he lost his re election bid and so Bill came in and had to sign it. Can you imagine Bill coming into washington and telling the GOP to fuck off and he's not going to give them free trade? Do you remember what a hard on REpublicans had back then for free trade? I'm guessing you do not based on your comment.

Anyways, I think it is funny Republicans want to forget Bush and the GOP MADE NAFTA and want to put it all on Bill just because he signed your fucking bill. Are you stupid or a liar?

Trump didn't say "NAFTA is at fault for the decline of American industry". He said it was a bad deal which it was. It sure ain't about innovation. American industry continues to be the most innovative in the world.

It has always been a bipartisan effort.

What Is the History and Purpose of NAFTA?

The impetus for NAFTA actually began with President Ronald Reagan, who campaigned on a North American common market. In 1984, Congress passed the Trade and Tariff Act. This is important because it gave the President "fast-track" authority to negotiate free trade agreements, while only allowing Congress the ability to approve or disapprove, not change negotiating points. Canadian Prime Minister Mulroney agreed with Reagan to begin negotiations for the Canada-U.S. Free Trade Agreement, which was signed in 1988, went into effect in 1989 and is now suspended since it's no longer needed.

You guys prove how dumb you are when you say shit like this. I don't know how old you are but I was an adult back then. The GOP INVENTED NAFTA, the unions hated it, Bush was going to fucking sign it but he lost his re election bid and so Bill came in and had to sign it. Can you imagine Bill coming into washington and telling the GOP to fuck off and he's not going to give them free trade? Do you remember what a hard on REpublicans had back then for free trade? I'm guessing you do not based on your comment.

Anyways, I think it is funny Republicans want to forget Bush and the GOP MADE NAFTA and want to put it all on Bill just because he signed your fucking bill. Are you stupid or a liar?

You're the lying sack of shit here,fool. You bet I know what happened....watched Gore try to elbow Ross Perot off the desk on Larry King while Perot was warning against it. I watched what your piece of shit hero Clinton did to get ratification votes including promising Florida tomato growers they would be given subsidies to protect them against mexican tomatoes....and most of them ended up bankrupted. I watched Lee Iococa say the the "big dog always wins these deals" while the car makers raced to mexico with their newest machinery while Detroit and Flint, Michigan got raped. FUCK YOU....I saw it all...the lies, the bribery, the dirty Clinton machine shitting all over the unions who put his sleazy ass in office.

NAFTA has hurt American industry and jobs by, among other things, forcing our companies to compete against Latin American companies that pay their workers dirt wages and that don't have to worry about safety standards and over-regulation.

Trade Policy

And Clinton lied through his yellow teeth about making sure Mehico would raise their wages and benefits and shutting down the maquiladoras that didn't comply with US standards....all lies, all bribery to get that piece of shit past a democrat Congress and Senate. And here's the pathological liar Hillary claiming she was against it. The Clintons should both be convicted of treason and hanged for their countless crimes against the United States.

George H. W. Bush, Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney and Mexican President Carlos Salinas, each responsible for spearheading and promoting NAFTA, ceremonially signed the agreement in their respective capitals on December 17, 1992. The signed agreement then needed to be ratified by each nation's legislative or parliamentary branch.

In the U.S., Bush, who had worked to "fast track" NAFTA ran out of time and had to pass the required ratification and signing of the implementation law to incoming president Bill Clinton.

What dumb fucking Republican thinks Bill Clinton should have veto’ed NAFTA? If you take that position you aren’t being intellectually honest. NAFTA was a done deal. And as it should. Even me, a liberal, doesn’t think we shouldn’t be trading with the rest of the world. Only Republicans who were pro NAFTA yesterday are trying to blame Clinton for signing NAFTA. If he didn’t they would have blamed him for NOT signing it. It would have been their big issue for 1996.

Anyways, back to my point. Prior to sending NAFTA to the Senate, Clinton added two side agreements. The NAALC and the NAAEC to protect workers and the environment. So don’t say “Clinton signed NAFTA” and try and blame him when NAFTA was the GOP’s creation. And when Bush 2 took out those things Bill put in to protect workers.

Now they say they want to put tariffs on imports? Lying mother fuckers.

Forum List

Back