🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Donald Trump Not Allowed Back On Twitter

Are you going to buy Twitter and rehire the censors?

Free speech DOES matter - it is the death knell to you Nazis.

When you (you specifically) have to lie about something to make your point, you have no point to make.

I don't own USMB - but free speech is allowed here.
Not exactly. We have to abide by the rules or be banished. Well at least some of us do.

Also the concept of free speech generally refers to the 1st amendment restriction against the government interfering with one's free speech rights as guaranteed under the U.S. Constitution.

Not exactly. We have to abide by the rules or be banished. Well at least some of us do.

No, with the exception of Don't Taz me, everyone has to follow the rules. That's why it's NOT censorship.

I have to abide by the same rules you do - no Twitter exception because you're a lefty.

Also the concept of free speech generally refers to the 1st amendment restriction against the government interfering with one's free speech rights as guaranteed under the U.S. Constitution.

Nonsense. The first Amendment restrains government from infringing the god given, or natural right to free speech.

Do you grasp natural rights? Essentially, those are rights that exist absent interference. No one "grants" you the right to speak your mind, they can only infringe on the right that exists if they aren't there.

I'll ask you the same question I asked Winterborn, should Motel Six be allowed to refuse to provide lodging to black people?

Why, or why not?

If not, how does that differ from Twitter refusing service to conservatives?

Last edited:
No, with the exception of Don't Taz me, everyone has to follow the rules. That's why it's NOT censorship.

I have to abide by the same rules you do - no Twitter exception because you're a lefty.

No, it's not censorship because the owners of the site are not "the government". And the rules are not enforced equally even though they are supposed to be.

Nonsense. The first Amendment restrains government from infringing the god given, or natural right to free speech.

I've already stated that, among other things (what the 1st prohibits)

I'll ask you the same question I asked Winterborn, should Motel Six be allowed to refuse to provide lodging to black people?

Why, or why not?

If not, how does that differ from Twitter refusing service to conservatives?

Places that provide lodging are "places of public accommodation. To refuse lodging to a Black person based on their race would be a violation of the Civil Right Act of 1964.

Race is one of the protected classes covered by the CRA of 1964 and therefore it would be unlawful to discriminate against a person based on their race. Being a conservative is a choice but aside from that, conservatism is not a protected class.

I couldn't find a clear answer that isn't tied to violations of the Americans With Disabilities Act as to whether or not a website (Twitter in this case) is considered a "place of public accommodation". The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals has determined that "websites are not a public accommodation under the ADA"

Forum List

Back