Done with Home Depot...Hello Lowes

Like Dick's sporting goods during the last gun grab hysteria Home Depot has proved itself to be an unfriendly
obsequious left wing butt kisser during the pandemic panic.

Had to go to my local Home Depot yesterday. We pulled up and low and behold they had a line at the door, Allowing only a customer in only when another customer left the store. It was like Home Depot had been taken over by the DMV.
Did not make any sense since Home Depot is a huge store and would be easy to maintain social distancing. If it was not for the wife wanting something specific at Home Depot I would not have bothered and headed straight to Lowes where there was no line to get in. Funny neither store required customers to wear a mask.
Later in the day I went to ACE to pick up a few more non essential items again they did not have a mask or entry protocol. So Ace and Lowes will be where I will be doing my shopping from now on. I will leave Home Depot to the paranoid hypochondriacs

Informative.

Had to go to my local Home Depot yesterday. We pulled up and low and behold they had a line at the door, Allowing only a customer in only when another customer left the store. It was like Home Depot had been taken over by the DMV.
Did not make any sense since Home Depot is a huge store and would be easy to maintain social distancing. If it was not for the wife wanting something specific at Home Depot I would not have bothered and headed straight to Lowes where there was no line to get in. Funny neither store required customers to wear a mask.
Later in the day I went to ACE to pick up a few more non essential items again they did not have a mask or entry protocol. So Ace and Lowes will be where I will be doing my shopping from now on. I will leave Home Depot to the paranoid hypochondriacs

Best Buy is doing the same dumb crap here in Illinois....

--- and now you're in Illinois again. After pretending to be in Louisiana.

What a pathological liar you are.

Best Buy is doing the same dumb crap here in Illinois....

--- and now you're in Illinois again. After pretending to be in Louisiana.

What a pathological liar you are.

Are you mentally ill? Did you take your meds today? When did I ever claim to live in Louisiana? You moron.

Honorable mention.
Fleet Farm. The Man's Mall.
Lots of guns for sale, and all the other crap a man needs for the outdoors.

Hmmm, never heard of it. Is it a regional chain? I've lived in the northeast, southeast, southwest and the northwest and haven't heard of it...

Honorable mention.

Hmmm, never heard of it. Is it a regional chain? I've lived in the northeast, southeast, southwest and the northwest and haven't heard of it...
Must be regional. Took these stores for granted and assumed everyone had one.

What about Ace? That's one thing I really miss is small hardware stores. I go places and remember right where they all were. :(
There's a handful left here..out of how many there were, though? Oh man!

We have Ace hardware stores all over the place in Texas.
It's like it's mandatory for every small town to have one.

I remember when I was a kid we'd hit the Ace hardware and buy steel jaw traps and ammo.
The one near the house now looks more like department store when you walk in,they even have ladies night once a year.
A word of advice...know that date,remember that date,because you dont want to be anywhere near the place when it happens.
I needed a couple of stainless washers and bolts and it took me 45 fuken minutes to get out of the place!!
On the plus side they were serving free wine and I got to check out all the hot trophy wives.

Honorable mention.

Our version would be "Tractor Supply".
Idk if they even sell diskers and box blades there. :auiqs.jpg:

Can't do it. Lowes plumbing and to a lesser extent the lumber department is absolute shit.
Their plumbing section outside of the pvc & copper sections is a shitfest of cheap junk.
Their lumber is equally bad much of the time with warped and twisted wood.
Using these products everyday is just not an option.
On top of that their founder is an amazing patriot.

Punishing your local businesses for the actions of government interference and corporate fear is not the answer.

Home Depot should worry more about making their stores more presentable and clean.
They are all dumps with very few customers around here. Lowes is shiny and clean, and organized. Menards has been revamping most of their stores.
Out of the big three here, Menards, Home Depot or Lowes, I predict that Home Depot will lose the battle.

I think it depends on location.
The Home Depot near me is really nice and the Lowes closer to town is kinda crappy.

Informative.
Anecdotal and largely pointless.

Our Home Depots here are not doing anything like that.

What about Ace?
Good Store.. the are handy since there are closer to me than Home Depot or Lowes and they have no entry or mask policy

I like Ace.
They have knowledgeable sales people and a great fastener selection.
The thing I dont like is their prices.
Yeah I avoid ACE whenever possible because of the prices. I do shop there for Webber accessories tho

I go there for small items because it's convenient.
And they sell Kamado Joe's and accessories and amazingly enough they sell for the same price as all the other retailers.

What about Ace?
Good Store.. the are handy since there are closer to me than Home Depot or Lowes and they have no entry or mask policy

I like Ace.
Yeah I avoid ACE whenever possible because of the prices. I do shop there for Webber accessories tho

And they sell Kamado Joe's and accessories and amazingly enough they sell for the same price as all the other retailers.
Yeah it surprised me to find that Ace has a better selection of BBQ accessories than the big box stores.

/----/ We have the same issue at grocery stores. It seems each manager is free to make up his or her own rules. A Stop & Shop in my town has a line, one-way aisles, and a traffic cop directing you to the next checkout while the same chain store in the adjoining town has none of that. One big box pharmacy limits you to two rolls of the cheap industrial toilet paper (one grade above 000 sandpaper) while the same chain store in the adjoining town limits you to two 16 roll packs of good quality name brand TP. A hardware store nearby treats customers like they have active bubonic plague, and the other has no social distancing, no masks or gloves required. Makes no sense.

Plus Ridgid tools are American owned & made. They are the most reliable brand and I have owned them all. Anytime a tool fails it is replaced FOR FREE. I've had 18 volt batteries that they replaced many years after purchase.

What about Ace?

I like Ace.

Yeah it surprised me to find that Ace has a better selection of BBQ accessories than the big box stores.

I had been eyeing one of the Kamado Joes but the price was crazy!!!
Come to find out it was the same everywhere.
If you use lump charcoal you should try Kamado Joes.
It's kinda pricey but it burns perfectly every time.
I can fill up the Joe with about a quarter bag and cook on it four times before it needs a refill.
You just pull the charcoal basket out,shake off the ash and fire it back up.

What about Ace?

I like Ace.

I had been eyeing one of the Kamado Joes but the price was crazy!!!
Come to find out it was the same everywhere.
If you use lump charcoal you should try Kamado Joes.
It's kinda pricey but it burns perfectly every time.
I can fill up the Joe with about a quarter bag and cook on it four times before it needs a refill.
You just pull the charcoal basket out,shake off the ash and fire it back up.

I've had good luck with this. Had just a handful of coals last almost 12 hours

Forum List

Back