Don't Be Fooled by the Unemployent Rate - Obama's Slight of Hand

No, I'm forgetting nothing! I quoted your link too, only the part you didn't bother to read on page 2 which shoots down the false conclusion you leaped to because you didn't bother read page 2.

Here is YOUR link again:

The Ideal Retirement Age - US News

"However, while the age workers expect to retire is growing, few retirees have been able to delay retirement past age 65. Just 17 percent of the retirees in the Gallup survey left the workforce after age 65."
Page 1 beats what you are trying to say.you can't comprehend what was written or do math. that's not my fault.
Working longer. Individuals are pushing back their retirement age both because they need more time to save and because they enjoy many aspects of their jobs. Three-quarters (76 percent) of employees say they will continue working past retirement age, with 40 percent working because they want to and 35 percent because they will have to, Gallup found. Part-time work in retirement (61 percent) is greatly preferred to a full-time job (15 percent). But only 19 percent of those surveyed plan to completely stop working at retirement age by choice.
And page 2 says that the best laid PLANS usually end up pregnant!

Page 2 says in spite of their PLANS all but 17% end up retiring by age 65.

"However, while the age workers expect to retire is growing, few retirees have been able to delay retirement past age 65. Just 17 percent of the retirees in the Gallup survey left the workforce after age 65."
You are not comprehending what is on page one 76% said they will continue to work and page two says 17% will retire
What in the fuck is wrong with you dumb ass.
76% is greater than 17%
Again with the perpetual dumb act, page 2 says no such thing!! Gallup surveyed two groups of people, those approaching retirement age and those who passed it. Of the 636 of retirement age surveyed, only 17% retired after age 65. Gallup makes it quite clear that while they EXPECT to keep working beyond 65 before they reach retirement age, once they actually get to retirement age,in reality all but 17% end up retiring by age 65.

Read this part from YOUR link again slowly:

page fucking one you dumb son of a bitch 76% said they will not be retiring
Page 2, only 17% follow through once they turn 65.

No, I'm forgetting nothing! I quoted your link too, only the part you didn't bother to read on page 2 which shoots down the false conclusion you leaped to because you didn't bother read page 2.

Here is YOUR link again:

The Ideal Retirement Age - US News

Page 1 beats what you are trying to say.you can't comprehend what was written or do math. that's not my fault.
Working longer. Individuals are pushing back their retirement age both because they need more time to save and because they enjoy many aspects of their jobs. Three-quarters (76 percent) of employees say they will continue working past retirement age, with 40 percent working because they want to and 35 percent because they will have to, Gallup found. Part-time work in retirement (61 percent) is greatly preferred to a full-time job (15 percent). But only 19 percent of those surveyed plan to completely stop working at retirement age by choice.

You are not comprehending what is on page one 76% said they will continue to work and page two says 17% will retire
76% is greater than 17%
Again with the perpetual dumb act, page 2 says no such thing!! Gallup surveyed two groups of people, those approaching retirement age and those who passed it. Of the 636 of retirement age surveyed, only 17% retired after age 65. Gallup makes it quite clear that while they EXPECT to keep working beyond 65 before they reach retirement age, once they actually get to retirement age,in reality all but 17% end up retiring by age 65.

September data: A-13. Employment status of the civilian noninstitutional population by age sex and race
For those 65 and older (not in a retirement home etc) 18.5% are in the labor force and 17.8% are employed.

Honestly I know quite a few people that are in their 70's or older that have not retired My father is 82 he retired from the only job he ever had, went to work for wal mart quit and went to work for the county school system that he lives in FULL TIME
The two groups of people who work pass normal retirement age are people who love their work and can't see themselves doing any thing else. Very few people fall into this category. The remainder continue to work do to finances. This second group contains the baby boomers. They have money set aside through tax shelter retirement plans and other investments to retire before or at retirement age. . This group has been growing since about 2007 and continues to grow. Many people when they retire plan to continue some kind of work, but for those that do, most only do so for a few years.
76% say they will continue to work have a great day loser
But only 17% actually continue to work past 65 once they get there.
So now you are changing your tune to even a bigger lie. First you said 17% retired now it's 17% continue to work.
No 76% said they would continue to work the
Fucking stop it.

76% is greater than 17%

Page ONE Dude read what you are saying now
Now it's 17 left the work force just one post back you said they stayed in the work force.
Brut back to page ONE 76% SAID THEY WOULD KEEP WORKING
page one DUMB FUCK.

76% is greater than 17%

September data: A-13. Employment status of the civilian noninstitutional population by age sex and race
For those 65 and older (not in a retirement home etc) 18.5% are in the labor force and 17.8% are employed.
Wrong 76% said they would remain working Sorry both you turds have failed on this.

76% is greater than 17%

Wrong 76% said they would remain working Sorry both you turds have failed on this.
My numbers are based on what those over 65 say they ARE doing as of September, not what they intend or might do. I have no problem agreeing that 75% said they would continue working, but that's not what they are currently doing.

76% is greater than 17%

My numbers are based on what those over 65 say they ARE doing as of September, not what they intend or might do. I have no problem agreeing that 75% said they would continue working, but that's not what they are currently doing.
My numbers arte based on what they said also 76% said they would continue to work 40+% because they want to and 30+% because they have to.

My numbers arte based on what they said also 76% said they would continue to work 40+% because they want to and 30+% because they have to.
No one is arguing that 75% didn't say they WOULD continue working. What I'm telling you is that NOW, only 17.8% actually ARE still working. I assume that number will go up in the future, but right now, it is not true that 75% are still working.

those #'s reb imagines he hears are in his empty skull, pay no attention. Brsides, who believes a word econodope says anyway?

No one is arguing that 75% didn't say they WOULD continue working. What I'm telling you is that NOW, only 17.8% actually ARE still working. I assume that number will go up in the future, but right now, it is not true that 75% are still working.
Ed is.

those #'s reb imagines he hears are in his empty skull, pay no attention. Brsides, who believes a word econodope says anyway?
Dumb ass I posted a supporting link But do continue to show how fucking stupid you are.

your support is based on what people SAY they'll do, not what they do .. you're an idiot, senile, full of crap, or all three?

deal with it,

Dumb ass I posted a supporting link But do continue to show how fucking stupid you are.

your support is based on what people SAY they'll do, not what they do .. you're an idiot, senile, full of crap, or all three?

deal with it,
People who are of retirement age know what they are going to do. They know if they want to continue working or not and if they can afford to quite.
You're done now, so shut the fuck up.

deal with it,
People who are of retirement age know what they are going to do. They know if they want to continue working or not and if they can afford to quite.

how do you know what people know what they're going to do... people WANT to win the Lotto ... I wish you would "quite"

you freakin idiot.

deal with it,

how do you know what people know what they're going to do... people WANT to win the Lotto ... I wish you would "quite"

you freakin idiot.
Because stupid when people are getting up in age they have to plan to retire they either will retire or they know they can't retire because they have no savings. It's called some thing you lack wisdom and common sense.
I wished you idiots would wise up you don't know jack shit.

deal with it,

you freakin idiot.
Because stupid when people are getting up in age they have to plan to retire they either will retire or they know they can't retire because they have no savings. It's called some thing you lack wisdom and common sense.

if they've worked all their life they have SS which can exceed $2000 a month. ... a very doable sum to live on ... unless the person is too stupid to spell quit.

deal with it,

you freakin idiot.

if they've worked all their life they have SS which can exceed $2000 a month. ... a very doable sum to live on ... unless the person is too stupid to spell quit.
Idiot you are a true blue born again idiot. Come back when you have gained some sense of intelligence.
Look people cannot live on social security alone that's why they don't retire you fucking moron.
And no that amount is not correct either.

Honestly I know quite a few people that are in their 70's or older that have not retired My father is 82 he retired from the only job he ever had, went to work for wal mart quit and went to work for the county school system that he lives in FULL TIME
The two groups of people who work pass normal retirement age are people who love their work and can't see themselves doing any thing else. Very few people fall into this category. The remainder continue to work do to finances. This second group contains the baby boomers. They have money set aside through tax shelter retirement plans and other investments to retire before or at retirement age. . This group has been growing since about 2007 and continues to grow. Many people when they retire plan to continue some kind of work, but for those that do, most only do so for a few years.
So now you are changing your tune to even a bigger lie. First you said 17% retired now it's 17% continue to work.
Fucking stop it.
LIAR!
You just keep milking that perpetual dumb act because you think it allows you to lie with impunity.

I said only 17% retire AFTER they turn 65, all the others are retired by the time they reach 65 no matter what they said BEFORE they turned 65. That is what theGallup survey says on page 2. Just 17% of the 636 RETIREES surveyed by Gallup retired at an age past 65. That means 83% of the retirees retired at age 65 or before.

Ed is.
Liar!

Fucking stop it.
LIAR!
You just keep milking that perpetual dumb act because you think it allows you to lie with impunity.

I said only 17% retire AFTER they turn 65, all the others are retired by the time they reach 65 no matter what they said BEFORE they turned 65. That is what theGallup survey says on page 2. Just 17% of the 636 RETIREES surveyed by Gallup retired at an age past 65. That means 83% of the retirees retired at age 65 or before.

Dumb ass here's what you said

Forum List

Back