Don't Be Fooled by the Unemployent Rate - Obama's Slight of Hand

What is different is the number that are retiring!!!

Bush had 7.5 million workers retire his first 5 years and 13.5 million have retired Obama's first 5 years, that's an average of 1.2 million MORE workers EACH year retiring.

I posted the link with the numbers from the Census report, these idiots are just too dumb to read anything but four letter words.
You have to be careful about trying to blend data from different reports...."retirees" include many not included in the labor force stats, which only covers the non-institutional population. Anyone in a retirement home or assisted living facility (or prison or mental institute) is out of scope and not included in any labor force data.
My source is the SSA by checking only the "Retired Worker" box and selecting the "Annual" frequency drop down, so the numbers are retired workers and retired workers only.

Beneficiary Data
40% plus still working
To put things in perspective:

UnLPR001w.gif

The labor force participation rate has hovered around 65-67% over the past decade or so. It is currently sitting at 65.5. It peaked just before Bush took office and his been in a downtrend for about 15 years. In the latter part of Bush's last term in office about 2007, the participation rate began a steeper decline. The recession, baby boomer retirements, increased school enrollment, discouraged workers, and other factors all played some part in the .7% fall since 2007.

Some people seem shocked that 35% of the work force is not working and is not seeking work. However, it's really not when you consider that this 35% includes homemakers, students, early retirees, and anyone else who chooses not to work..

AmosWEB is Economics Encyclonomic WEB pedia
Labor Force Participation Rate - What Does It Mean
What I have posted already debunksanyones argument defending obama

Your own link says it is reality and what you cite are the EXPECTATIONS that do NOT match the reality of what actually happens to those expectations when the workers actually turn 65. Only 17% work past 65 no matter how long they expected to work before they turned 65.

Again from page 2 of your OWN linked source:
"However, while the age workers expect to retire is growing, few retirees have been able to delay retirement past age 65. Just 17 percent of the retirees in the Gallup survey left the workforce after age 65."
repeating does not make it true. Because it's not.
YOUR OWN link says it is true!!!
I quoted what my link said dumb ass
I quoted YOUR link too! :asshole:
I quoted my linkwhich is what you're forgetting you stupid fucking idiot
Is a linkwhich similar to a sandwich?

No that was a text from a phone
But if that is all you have to whine about go fuck off and then jump off a building. or better yet I'll be a the gun range Saturday meet me at the back stop stay there until I get there.

No that was a text from a phone

Is that like having "fat fingers"?

Inside joke, folks. BigDerp knows what I mean.

Your own link says it is reality and what you cite are the EXPECTATIONS that do NOT match the reality of what actually happens to those expectations when the workers actually turn 65. Only 17% work past 65 no matter how long they expected to work before they turned 65.

Again from page 2 of your OWN linked source:
"However, while the age workers expect to retire is growing, few retirees have been able to delay retirement past age 65. Just 17 percent of the retirees in the Gallup survey left the workforce after age 65."
No, I'm forgetting nothing! I quoted your link too, only the part you didn't bother to read on page 2 which shoots down the false conclusion you leaped to because you didn't bother read page 2.

Here is YOUR link again:

The Ideal Retirement Age - US News

I posted the link with the numbers from the Census report, these idiots are just too dumb to read anything but four letter words.
You have to be careful about trying to blend data from different reports...."retirees" include many not included in the labor force stats, which only covers the non-institutional population. Anyone in a retirement home or assisted living facility (or prison or mental institute) is out of scope and not included in any labor force data.
My source is the SSA by checking only the "Retired Worker" box and selecting the "Annual" frequency drop down, so the numbers are retired workers and retired workers only.

Beneficiary Data
40% plus still working
To put things in perspective:

UnLPR001w.gif

The labor force participation rate has hovered around 65-67% over the past decade or so. It is currently sitting at 65.5. It peaked just before Bush took office and his been in a downtrend for about 15 years. In the latter part of Bush's last term in office about 2007, the participation rate began a steeper decline. The recession, baby boomer retirements, increased school enrollment, discouraged workers, and other factors all played some part in the .7% fall since 2007.

Some people seem shocked that 35% of the work force is not working and is not seeking work. However, it's really not when you consider that this 35% includes homemakers, students, early retirees, and anyone else who chooses not to work..

AmosWEB is Economics Encyclonomic WEB pedia
Labor Force Participation Rate - What Does It Mean
What I have posted already debunksanyones argument defending obama

And Obama is indefensible.

No, I'm forgetting nothing! I quoted your link too, only the part you didn't bother to read on page 2 which shoots down the false conclusion you leaped to because you didn't bother read page 2.

Here is YOUR link again:

Page 1 beats what you are trying to say.you can't comprehend what was written or do math. that's not my fault.
Working longer. Individuals are pushing back their retirement age both because they need more time to save and because they enjoy many aspects of their jobs. Three-quarters (76 percent) of employees say they will continue working past retirement age, with 40 percent working because they want to and 35 percent because they will have to, Gallup found. Part-time work in retirement (61 percent) is greatly preferred to a full-time job (15 percent). But only 19 percent of those surveyed plan to completely stop working at retirement age by choice.

Here is YOUR link again:

Page 1 beats what you are trying to say.you can't comprehend what was written or do math. that's not my fault.
Working longer. Individuals are pushing back their retirement age both because they need more time to save and because they enjoy many aspects of their jobs. Three-quarters (76 percent) of employees say they will continue working past retirement age, with 40 percent working because they want to and 35 percent because they will have to, Gallup found. Part-time work in retirement (61 percent) is greatly preferred to a full-time job (15 percent). But only 19 percent of those surveyed plan to completely stop working at retirement age by choice.

Yep, it does require a certain amount of math skills many libs don't posses, LOL.

Now they're trying to tell us that not that many Americans are retiring?

Don't they have a story that's just the opposite when they're talking about Social Security supposedly going broke?

Now they're trying to tell us that not that many Americans are retiring?

Don't they have a story that's just the opposite when they're talking about Social Security supposedly going broke?
dems are bad about saying social security is going broke

Here is YOUR link again:

And page 2 says that the best laid PLANS usually end up pregnant!

Page 2 says in spite of their PLANS all but 17% end up retiring by age 65.

No one's fooled by the economic stats. Look at early voting. No one believes your govt stats, Pinqy.

Here is YOUR link again:

You are not comprehending what is on page one 76% said they will continue to work and page two says 17% will retire
What in the fuck is wrong with you dumb ass.
76% is greater than 17%

Here is YOUR link again:

You are not comprehending what is on page one 76% said they will continue to work and page two says 17% will retire
76% is greater than 17%
Again with the perpetual dumb act, page 2 says no such thing!! Gallup surveyed two groups of people, those approaching retirement age and those who passed it. Of the 636 of retirement age surveyed, only 17% retired after age 65. Gallup makes it quite clear that while they EXPECT to keep working beyond 65 before they reach retirement age, once they actually get to retirement age,in reality all but 17% end up retiring by age 65.

Read this part from YOUR link again slowly:

Honestly I know quite a few people that are in their 70's or older that have not retired My father is 82 he retired from the only job he ever had, went to work for wal mart quit and went to work for the county school system that he lives in FULL TIME
The two groups of people who work pass normal retirement age are people who love their work and can't see themselves doing any thing else. Very few people fall into this category. The remainder continue to work do to finances. This second group contains the baby boomers. They have money set aside through tax shelter retirement plans and other investments to retire before or at retirement age. . This group has been growing since about 2007 and continues to grow. Many people when they retire plan to continue some kind of work, but for those that do, most only do so for a few years.

Honestly I know quite a few people that are in their 70's or older that have not retired My father is 82 he retired from the only job he ever had, went to work for wal mart quit and went to work for the county school system that he lives in FULL TIME
The two groups of people who work pass normal retirement age are people who love their work and can't see themselves doing any thing else. Very few people fall into this category. The remainder continue to work do to finances. This second group contains the baby boomers. They have money set aside through tax shelter retirement plans and other investments to retire before or at retirement age. . This group has been growing since about 2007 and continues to grow. Many people when they retire plan to continue some kind of work, but for those that do, most only do so for a few years.
76% say they will continue to work have a great day loser

Here is YOUR link again:

76% is greater than 17%
Again with the perpetual dumb act, page 2 says no such thing!! Gallup surveyed two groups of people, those approaching retirement age and those who passed it. Of the 636 of retirement age surveyed, only 17% retired after age 65. Gallup makes it quite clear that while they EXPECT to keep working beyond 65 before they reach retirement age, once they actually get to retirement age,in reality all but 17% end up retiring by age 65.

Read this part from YOUR link again slowly:

page fucking one you dumb son of a bitch 76% said they will not be retiring

76% say they will continue to work have a great day loser
But only 17% actually continue to work past 65 once they get there.

Forum List

Back