Don't Be Fooled by the Unemployent Rate - Obama's Slight of Hand

As has been explained on this board dozens of times....and as everyone knows..... the reason the Unemployment Rate has been dropping is for the WRONG REASON.

It's not dropping because Obama's policies have generated so many jobs....it has dropped because so many people have dropped out of the pool of people COUNTED.

In other words, Obama has used slight of hand. It can be a little complicated to follow but he's basically dropped the number UNEMPLOYED by making the pool of those counted smaller.

The Labor Participation Rate has dropped to its lowest level in over 30 years.

Here is a visual:

View attachment 33535

NAFTA...............Nothing more.

Do you know every time unemployment falls the opposition, be them Republican or Democrat come up with the same crap, people have given up looking for a job. The fact is many of those people included in the survey don't want a job because there're going back to school, or retiring, or starting a family, starting a business, working in two parttime jobs, etc, etc... Labor participation rates peaked 15 years ago. This trend started long before Obama took office.

You obviously don't know the subject of economics.

You're implying Bush and Obama are exactly the same. You seem to have no grasp on the many variables that go into the calculus.

Please wake up. I like your avatar too much.
Oh, no. I'm not trying to imply that Obama and Bush are the same. What I'm saying is the fall in the rate of job participation started long before Obama took office and just before Bush took office. The decrease in participation accelerated in 2007. The retirement boom which started in 2008 obviously is contributing to the decline. I don't think there is any agreement between economists as all the factors that have contributed to this 15 year trend. Some of the reason cited are accelerating baby boom retirements, changing choices about schooling, changes in the health of older workers, and common cyclical factors experienced in every recession .

The decline in labour force participation in the US VOX CEPR s Policy Portal

Of course there are valid reasons for the drop in Labor Force Participation Rate. Everyone knows that. It's the other reasons that make it different under Obama.
You mean reason's that aren't valid? :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo: What reasons are you talking about?

You wanna start acting like most of the other low life liberals around here....great, happy to oblige, idiot.

By valid I was talking about the retiring baby boomers that CHOSE to retire. You know...........the ones you dumbass libs hang your hat on. It's that list of other reasons that aren't counted are valid in the minds of YOU stupid libs, or else you would've been smart enough to already count them.

I was referring to what you dummies considered valid.

Not what those of us who know how to count consider valid.
How about sharing with us what those reasons are?

The Obama bashers are grasping for straws. They know that the drop in the LFPR is not due to discouraged workers alone, they are just being disingenuous. Other factors are: retiring baby boomer and this:

One overlooked segment of the Civilian labor force may have more of an impact on the UE rate and LPR rate than we know. An apparition haunts all labor related statistical data but most statisticians and economists seem oblivious to it's presence. have you guessed who the ghosts are by now? I wont keep you waiting: From stygian pools of impoverished hovels they come...we call them illegal immigrants. These workers come here looking for work or they already have jobs but they are not counted in the LPR

Do you remember what you told me the last time I asked you for a link?
Where is your god damn link shit stain.
I already posted the link.
:asshole:

Why More Americans Are Working Past Age 65 - US News

The proportion of people age 65 and older in the workforce grew to 16.1 percent by 2010, up from 12.1 percent in 1990, according to a recent Census Bureau report.
Ed the liar I thought it was your argument that baby boomers retired however she never gave a link dumb ass
All but 16.1 % retired by age 65.
And again, I posted the link so she didn't have to.
No you lying sack of shit. 40% is more like it.
No, it IS 16.1%
somewhere above 40%

Ed the liar I thought it was your argument that baby boomers retired however she never gave a link dumb ass

Dividing 5.5 million by 12.6 million suggests around 44% of the drop in labor force participation since 2007 is retiring workers. Add the 2.3 million workers over the age of 50 who have left the workforce because of disability in that time period and the numbers suggest closer to 62% of the drop in labor force participation over the last six years can be attributed to an aging population

Read more: Baby Boomers Are Retiring - Business Insider

actually dumbass its more like 62%.

Yes, because this is the first time in US History that a segment of the population is retiring, getting older and is unable to work because of disability...
What is different is the number that are retiring!!!

Bush had 7.5 million workers retire his first 5 years and 13.5 million have retired Obama's first 5 years, that's an average of 1.2 million MORE workers EACH year retiring.[/QUOT]
not many have retired

Dividing 5.5 million by 12.6 million suggests around 44% of the drop in labor force participation since 2007 is retiring workers. Add the 2.3 million workers over the age of 50 who have left the workforce because of disability in that time period and the numbers suggest closer to 62% of the drop in labor force participation over the last six years can be attributed to an aging population

Yes, because this is the first time in US History that a segment of the population is retiring, getting older and is unable to work because of disability...

Bush had 7.5 million workers retire his first 5 years and 13.5 million have retired Obama's first 5 years, that's an average of 1.2 million MORE workers EACH year retiring.

I posted the link with the numbers from the Census report, these idiots are just too dumb to read anything but four letter words.
Bitch I posted a more reliable source

Bush had 7.5 million workers retire his first 5 years and 13.5 million have retired Obama's first 5 years, that's an average of 1.2 million MORE workers EACH year retiring.

I posted the link with the numbers from the Census report, these idiots are just too dumb to read anything but four letter words.
You have to be careful about trying to blend data from different reports...."retirees" include many not included in the labor force stats, which only covers the non-institutional population. Anyone in a retirement home or assisted living facility (or prison or mental institute) is out of scope and not included in any labor force data.
My source is the SSA by checking only the "Retired Worker" box and selecting the "Annual" frequency drop down, so the numbers are retired workers and retired workers only.

Beneficiary Data
40% plus still working

As has been explained on this board dozens of times....and as everyone knows..... the reason the Unemployment Rate has been dropping is for the WRONG REASON.

It's not dropping because Obama's policies have generated so many jobs....it has dropped because so many people have dropped out of the pool of people COUNTED.

In other words, Obama has used slight of hand. It can be a little complicated to follow but he's basically dropped the number UNEMPLOYED by making the pool of those counted smaller.

The Labor Participation Rate has dropped to its lowest level in over 30 years.

Here is a visual:

View attachment 33535

NAFTA...............Nothing more.
Clinton thanks for the fuck up.

Working longer. Individuals are pushing back their retirement age both because they need more time to save and because they enjoy many aspects of their jobs. Three-quarters (76 percent) of employees say they will continue working past retirement age, with 40 percent working because they want to and 35 percent because they will have to, Gallup found. Part-time work in retirement (61 percent) is greatly preferred to a full-time job (15 percent). But only 19 percent of those surveyed plan to completely stop working at retirement age by choice.

The Ideal Retirement Age - US News

Where is your god damn link shit stain.

Why More Americans Are Working Past Age 65 - US News

The proportion of people age 65 and older in the workforce grew to 16.1 percent by 2010, up from 12.1 percent in 1990, according to a recent Census Bureau report.
No, it IS 16.1%
somewhere above 40%
Like 16.1%

No, it IS 16.1%
somewhere above 40%
Like 16.1%
Working longer. Individuals are pushing back their retirement age both because they need more time to save and because they enjoy many aspects of their jobs. Three-quarters (76 percent) of employees say they will continue working past retirement age, with 40 percent working because they want to and 35 percent because they will have to, Gallup found. Part-time work in retirement (61 percent) is greatly preferred to a full-time job (15 percent). But only 19 percent of those surveyed plan to completely stop working at retirement age by choice.

No, it IS 16.1%
somewhere above 40%
Like 16.1%
What a dumb ass!!!! YOU just confirmed Carla's 17% exactly, but you are too stupid to know it! :rofl::lmao:

Now the only question is how are you going to weasel out of the fact that your own source, which you have quoted twice, says this:

"However, while the age workers expect to retire is growing, few retirees have been able to delay retirement past age 65. Just 17 percent of the retirees in the Gallup survey left the workforce after age 65."

No, it IS 16.1%
somewhere above 40%
Like 16.1%
What a dumb ass!!!! YOU just confirmed Carla's 17% exactly, but you are too stupid to know it! :rofl::lmao:

Now the only question is how are you going to weasel out of the fact that your own source, which you have quoted twice, says this:

"However, while the age workers expect to retire is growing, few retirees have been able to delay retirement past age 65. Just 17 percent of the retirees in the Gallup survey left the workforce after age 65."
Dumb ass
Three-quarters (76 percent) of employees say they will continue working past retirement age,

bg-not-looking-for-work-2014-chart-4-825.ashx

Dumb ass
Three-quarters (76 percent) of employees say they will continue working past retirement age,
But only 17% actually DO what they say.

Again from YOUR OWN source:

Dumb ass

I realize how much you want to be right but what you want does not fit reality, therefore that makes you wrong
Link has been posted
Three-quarters (76 percent) of employees say they will continue working past retirement age

Like 16.1%

Dumb ass

I realize how much you want to be right but what you want does not fit reality, therefore that makes you wrong
Link has been posted
Three-quarters (76 percent) of employees say they will continue working past retirement age
And that very same link says that in spite of what they say, only 17% work past 65.

Dumb ass

Link has been posted
And that very same link says that in spite of what they say, only 17% work past 65.

You can keep repeating that all you want it does not match reality
76% of those that were to retire have not 40% because of choice and 33% because they have to work
That is reality, that is something you seem unable to deal with.

Dumb ass

Link has been posted

You can keep repeating that all you want it does not match reality
76% of those that were to retire have not 40% because of choice and 33% because they have to work
That is reality, that is something you seem unable to deal with.
The reality is you were too lazy to read through to page 2 of YOUR OWN link, which clearly says that reality did not match their "expectations":

"However, while the age workers expect to retire is growing, few retirees have been able to delay retirement past age 65. Just 17 percent of the retirees in the Gallup survey left the workforce after age 65."[

Forum List

Back