Don't Cross the Border If You Don't Want to Get Hurt

How ironic that the "person" posting that obviously does NOT love all things America. Being an American has nothing to do with your last name or degree of fluency in English. Obviously.
It’s sad that you honestly think that is true in practice

In 1776 (actually, later), our rights were RECOGNIZED, not "given". All people have GOD GIVEN rights. Most often, THEIR governments don't recognize them. That's not OUR problem.

When someone invades your country, they relinquish those rights. They are now CRIMINALS.
And will add, in reply to your post but it applies to mine as well, when God gave us our rights, he gave them to all human beings, all colors, all races.

How sad….you don’t even know that America was founded in 1776….WOW….Sad huh woodwork201 ?
Editing for better paragraphing, to make it easier to scan versus read word-for-word:

I'm pretty sure that America was formed billions of years ago.

I'd have to go look it up but the Declaration of Independence wasn't the first time the phrase, The United States of America, was mentioned but that didn't form the nation of the United States; it referred to the independent states united in purpose.

Jefferson wasn't King and he didn't have the authority to create a government. All those who signed, between them, didn't have the authority to bind all the people of all the States.

The Declaration of Independence effectively separated the colonies from Britain but that's all it did. And it took a war to make that separation stand. Had the war gone the other way, the Declaration would probably just be thought of as a letter of complaint.

The Articles of Confederation, ratified in 1781, also didn't create a national or even a federal government as we know it. The word used was actually "confederacy". The States remained independent and sovereign. So, no, the nation was still not created but the title,

The United States of America, was specified as the name of the confederacy. It was closer to NATO or perhaps the EU than it was a nation that you're referring to as America.

So, actually, the United States of America, the constitutional republic we know today, wasn't created in 1776 or in 1781; it was created in 1789.

Most of us here are thankful to God that it all turned out as it did but that doesn't change that the United States of America was we live in it today, was not created in 1776 but in 1789.

So, I don't know what 1776 has to do with what IM2 said and I don't know why you mentioned me in it; you just embarrass yourself when you talk about things you know nothing about.

Last edited:
For the most part that would be true…are you pissing yourself right now?
Real core Americans are real easy to spot….they usually share a last name with someone who died in our world wars, they shed a tear EVERY TIME our national anthem is played, they love all things America and they ALWAYS speak fluent English….weird huh?
A lot of immigrants died in the world wars but I thought you were making the case that the nation was formed in 1776, not 1917. I checked my outdated, version 1, edition of the Constitution and where it mentions citizenship it doesn't mention the world wars.

When you mention names of world war fallen, you must mean names like Lopez, Martinez, Gutierrez, and the like, right?

I'm sure you're including heroes like Joseph Pantillion Martinez who won the Congressional Medal of Honor, the first won on American soil since 1898, when he fought the Japanese in the Aleutian Islands (now part of Alaska). And he was fluent in English so I think that covers all your requirements. He's definitely a core American in our book, right?

Here's a nice core American last name: Jefferson. I know you have to love this guy and I know you will want to include him as a core American. It made my eyes water just getting the link to post here. They watered more last week when I heard his story and watched the videos of the wonderful love and praise he had for the United States. He is one of the last of the Tuskegee Airman. And fluent in English - imagine. The world can never be as good without him as it was with him.

So we're in agreement about core Americans? Or did you have some other definition in mind that you haven't been quite clear about?

So, actually, the United States of America, the constitutional republic we know today, wasn't created in 1776 or in 1781; it was created in 1789
Yes. This is why I said AFTER 1776. But in spirit, most of us were "Americans" in 1776. Still, only 1/3 supported the Revolution. The rest were comfortable le as "Subjects"

Yes. This is why I said AFTER 1776. But in spirit, most of us were "Americans" in 1776. Still, only 1/3 supported the Revolution. The rest were comfortable le as "Subjects"
If only we could get 1/3 to support liberty today. 90%, both left and right, are comfortable as subjects today.

Forum List

Back