Don’t Go To College !

Maybe not, but he could calculate the load being carried by that wall and investigate alternative methods to carry that load
And that doesn't matter. There's not too many ways to frame a wall that meet building codes so this guy wasted his money learning "alternate" ways to frame a wall.

The problem is many employers don't want to spend a lot of money training somebody, only to have them use those skills to find a better job elsewhere.
That's the risk you take with any employee.

Some freshly minted college grad is still going to need to be trained.

LEarning on the job is better than trade school

Apprenticeships can be good but don’t teach you theory.
You can learn to drive a nail without a course on how to use a hammer.
Many trades should require a school component such as HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing

What would be a way to getting out of college without the huge debt that ensues....????

Such as these choices.

1. Work Study Programs

2. Work your way through

3. Work at a job where your major will be paid by the job

4. Night school

5. Community College, then transfer

6. ROTC will pay a full scholarship

7. Take eight years….ever hear of anyone asking ‘how much time you spent in college..?’

And a very careful analysis of one's major.
Very careful

1. The conservative way, personal responsibility:

2. The College of the Ozarks — a four-year college since 1965, and rated No. 30 by U.S. News and World Report among Midwestern colleges offering both liberal arts and professional degrees — is one of seven so-called work colleges. Six describe themselves as Christian institutions and often, like Ozarks, are socially and politically conservative.

3. Like many undergraduates, students at the College of the Ozarks here work their way through school, though they often do such unconventional campus jobs as milking cows at dawn in the college’s barns and baking fruit breads for sale to donors.

4. But what is truly different about Hard Work U. — as the college styles itself — is that all 1,345 students must work 15 hours per week to pay off the entire cost of tuition — $15,900 per year. If they work summers, as one-third are doing this summer, they pay off their $4,400 room and board as well. Work study is not an option as it is at most campuses; it is the college’s raison d’être.

5. This is a college that is philosophically opposed to students starting careers with an Ozark mountain of debt — 95 percent graduate debt free — and it believes that students who put sweat equity into their education value it more.
I told my kids already that they may major in anything they like...so long as its business. Critical to garner a degree with a marketable skill.

And that doesn't matter. There's not too many ways to frame a wall that meet building codes so this guy wasted his money learning "alternate" ways to frame a wall.

You realize that building codes are the floor, not the ceiling. And a good engineer could probably figure out how to use alternative materials to make the wall better and cheaper. Such as the use of engineered lumber in place of dimensional lumber.

Many construction projects are more complex than a Double Wide

You didn't explain what the chart represented, since it doesn't have a legend.

So those ratios either represent those teaching, or those learning. And neither bodes well, since if i'm wrong about how I first read the chart it means that liberals learn math and science at nearly 6 times the rate of conservatives.

No wonder you're against college. All the smart kids were liberals.

"You didn't explain what the chart represented, since it doesn't have a legend."

You must be a government school grad, huh?

Of course I did and it did.

1.Lots of reasons not to go to college these days. One glaring one is that they don’t teach….they indoctrinate. Any subject other than real science or math is a waste of time, money and neurons.

Liberalism/Progressivism/Wokeism are all proven lies and failure….but look at the various subjects and who is teaching them:

1635769618352.png

That's the ratio of Leftist profs versus Right.
Homogenous: The Political Affiliations of Elite Liberal Arts College Faculty by Mitchell Langbert | NAS

What I did, in red.

The chart did right after the word "Anthropology."

Each of your post leaves a reader to assume a lower and lower IQ on your part.

Who ties your shoelaces for you?????

Last edited:
Apprenticeships can be good but don’t teach you theory.
You can learn to drive a nail without a course on how to use a hammer.
Many trades should require a school component such as HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing

You don't need theory.

You can teach yourself how to wire a house, do the plumbing, and just about everything else.

HVAC is a pain because you need permits to buy the chemicals but the job itself isn't that difficult.

Many construction projects are more complex than a Double Wide
Not your average home build.

And even if they were there's more of a need for the skilled laborer than there are for architects.

20 architects ain't gonna build shit and you can get a computer program to do most of that stuff architects do now anyway

He confuses application knowledge, with education. They don't teach building codes in college, but as you pointed out, given the specifications of the wall, i'm sure he could figure out the most efficient method of constructing it.
Well he couldn't that's why I fired him after a week

Who said "everyone has to go to college"?

The Democrat Party.
'

Democrats know that every child, no matter who they are, how much their families earn, or where they live, should have access to a high-quality education, from preschool through high school and beyond. ”DEMOCRATIC PARTY PLATFORM
Democrats want every child – no matter their ZIP code – to have access to a quality public K-12 education, and for college to be affordable for every American. We know that as the global marketplace grows more competitive, we need to expand opportunities for higher education and job training. Democrats are committed to increasing the college-completion rate as well as the share of students who are prepared for budding industries with specific job-related skills.

Democrats recognize education as the most pressing economic issue in America’s future, and we cannot allow our country to fall behind in a global economy. We must prepare the next generation for success in college and the workforce.

I told my kids already that they may major in anything they like...so long as its business. Critical to garner a degree with a marketable skill.

I told mine that college should not be a vocational training tool, and that learning everything is their life-long task.

That's the risk you take with any employee.

Some freshly minted college grad is still going to need to be trained.

And the companies offering "on the job training" are because the skills they need, are in critically short supply (like truck drivers) or aren't taught in technical school. If a trade school could provide someone with the needed skills, they would just hire trade school graduates.

You realize that building codes are the floor, not the ceiling. And a good engineer could probably figure out how to use alternative materials to make the wall better and cheaper. Such as the use of engineered lumber in place of dimensional lumber.
You don't have to figure that out because all the specs for any engineered lumber are right there supplied by the manufacturer. And FYI engineered lumber isn't necessarily cheaper.

You didn't explain what the chart represented, since it doesn't have a legend.

So those ratios either represent those teaching, or those learning. And neither bodes well, since if i'm wrong about how I first read the chart it means that liberals learn math and science at nearly 6 times the rate of conservatives.

No wonder you're against college. All the smart kids were liberals.

This is how you determine "smart"????

And the companies offering "on the job training" are because the skills they need, are in critically short supply (like truck drivers) or aren't taught in technical school. If a trade school could provide someone with the needed skills, they would just hire trade school graduates.
you can go to a school to learn how to drive a truck.

Forum List

Back