Dow dips more than 500 points after Trump attacks Amazon, NAFTA

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Who could be surprised? Trump is ignorant.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average plunged more than 500 points, or more than 2 percent, just after noon Monday due to a turbulent mix of trade war fears and President Trump's repeated attacks on Amazon. Shares of other tech companies, including Facebook, Netflix, and Google's Alphabet, followed Amazon as it dropped after Trump tweeted that "only fools, or worse, are saying that our money-losing Post Office makes money with Amazon," CNBC reports.

Good God, the stock market is sensitive. Bunch of lemmings, sounds like. 500 points?

Who could be surprised? Trump is ignorant.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average plunged more than 500 points, or more than 2 percent, just after noon Monday due to a turbulent mix of trade war fears and President Trump's repeated attacks on Amazon. Shares of other tech companies, including Facebook, Netflix, and Google's Alphabet, followed Amazon as it dropped after Trump tweeted that "only fools, or worse, are saying that our money-losing Post Office makes money with Amazon," CNBC reports.

Is this an abuse of power? Isn't this what a Dictator in a third world country does?

Why don't you loons ever comment on the DOW when it's up?

You really don't have a problem with a, so called, president who is attacking private companies? Really.....this sounds like something Vladimir Put.....wait,,,,now I understand. He is mimicking his HERO AND MENTOR!

You really don't have a problem with a, so called, president who is attacking private companies? Really.....this sounds like something Vladimir Put.....wait,,,,now I understand. He is mimicking his HERO AND MENTOR!

I asked why don't you loons ever comment on the DOW when it's up? I don't care about your Trump hysterics

The stock market went up 26% from Jan 2017 to Jan 2018.

The stock market is also not a direct indicator of the whole economy. Unemployment and the number of people in the workforce are both the best it’s been in over a decade.

Glad to see you “occupy Wall Street” types are so concerned for the one percenters now.

Once again people are attaching the day-to-day machinations of the stock market to politicians and politics.

Partisan ideologues - Zero credibility, none.

How is it proper and even legal for a sitting president to call out a private company in order to hurt its value? This....so called....president abuses his power nearly on a daily basis.

Once again people are attaching the day-to-day machinations of the stock market to politicians and politics. Partisan ideologues - Zero credibility, none.
How is it proper and even legal for a sitting president to call out a private company in order to hurt its value? This....so called....president abuses his power nearly on a daily basis.
Which has nothing to do with my point.

This was happening long before what Trump said about Amazon.

We both know that, right?

I asked why don't you loons ever comment on the DOW when it's up? I don't care about your Trump hysterics

The Market was doing great until the lunatic announced his totally idiotic tariffs and now he has chosen companies that he doesn't like to attack and devalue. This man is nearly as much of a Tyrant than Putin , himself. He just hasn't killed anyone...yet....that we are aware of.

MAKE AMERICAN GREAT and white AGAIN!

The Market was doing great until the lunatic announced his totally idiotic tariffs and now he has chosen companies that he doesn't like to attack and devalue. This man is nearly as much of a Tyrant than Putin , himself. He just hasn't killed anyone...yet....that we are aware of.

You are still avoiding the question, loon

Once again people are attaching the day-to-day machinations of the stock market to politicians and politics.

Partisan ideologues - Zero credibility, none.

Yeah, it's pretty crazy.

I for one have never really been a Trump fan.

I said the Market was doing great.....not good enough....SORRY....:love_ya4:

The stock market will continue to flourish, as it has been doing since the Democrats got spanked.

I'll just go ahead and announce the death of this thread early.

You're annoying...back to iggy ya go

What's wrong with making America great, or White again, exactly?

You're annoying...back to iggy ya go

Still Love Ya!

Forum List

Back