Dow dips more than 500 points after Trump attacks Amazon, NAFTA

The stock market will continue to flourish, as it has been doing since the Democrats got spanked.

I'll just go ahead and announce the death of this thread early.

I don't think so. Dictators like to call ourt private companies and citizens in order to inflict pain and revenge. This is what trump is doing.

Last edited:
Why don't you loons ever comment on the DOW when it's up?

You really don't have a problem with a, so called, president who is attacking private companies? Really.....this sounds like something Vladimir Put.....wait,,,,now I understand. He is mimicking his HERO AND MENTOR!

I asked why don't you loons ever comment on the DOW when it's up? I don't care about your Trump hysterics
MAKE AMERICAN GREAT and white AGAIN!

What's wrong with making America great, or White again, exactly?

You really think calling out legitimate companies in order to hurt them is making American great again? A so called president has a special responsibility to NOT use his bully pulpit to inflict pain on anyone he dislikes. trump is the first president to act as a Dictator would.

The white comment does not deserve an answer....but thanks for letting us all know you are a flaming racist! Now back to Middle School with you!

The stock market will continue to flourish, as it has been doing since the Democrats got spanked.

I don't think so. Dictators like to call our private companies and citizens in order to inflict pain and revenge. This is what trump is doing.

Well, it would be nice if we could put people behind bars if they hire illegals, or outsource jobs.

Why don't you loons ever comment on the DOW when it's up?

You really don't have a problem with a, so called, president who is attacking private companies? Really.....this sounds like something Vladimir Put.....wait,,,,now I understand. He is mimicking his HERO AND MENTOR!

I asked why don't you loons ever comment on the DOW when it's up? I don't care about your Trump hysterics

You really think calling out legitimate companies in order to hurt them is making American great again? A so called president has a special responsibility to NOT use his bully pulpit to inflict pain on anyone he dislikes. trump is the first president to act as a Dictator would.

The white comment does not deserve an answer....but thanks for letting us all know you are a flaming racist! Now back to Middle School with you!

I don't support Trump's statements, however as far as White people go, why don't we have a right to exist?

I don't think so. Dictators like to call our private companies and citizens in order to inflict pain and revenge. This is what trump is doing.

Well, it would be nice if we could put people behind bars if they hire illegals, or outsource jobs.

What?...?

I don't support Trump's statements, however as far as White people go, why don't we have a right to exist?

Oh...you do. Us whites are the privledged of this country. I have a problem when tiki torch carrying whites decided to tell the world that they are superior.

But I assume that you don't see a problem with that...

Who could be surprised? Trump is ignorant.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average plunged more than 500 points, or more than 2 percent, just after noon Monday due to a turbulent mix of trade war fears and President Trump's repeated attacks on Amazon. Shares of other tech companies, including Facebook, Netflix, and Google's Alphabet, followed Amazon as it dropped after Trump tweeted that "only fools, or worse, are saying that our money-losing Post Office makes money with Amazon," CNBC reports.

Is this an abuse of power? Isn't this what a Dictator in a third world country does?
Anti-trust enforcement was ok during the Obama administration.

Once again people are attaching the day-to-day machinations of the stock market to politicians and politics.

Partisan ideologues - Zero credibility, none.

How is it proper and even legal for a sitting president to call out a private company in order to hurt its value? This....so called....president abuses his power nearly on a daily basis.
I don't care about Amazon, but I don't agree with this attack against a military contractor:
Donald Trump tweets, and Lockheed Martin stock drops

Who could be surprised? Trump is ignorant.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average plunged more than 500 points, or more than 2 percent, just after noon Monday due to a turbulent mix of trade war fears and President Trump's repeated attacks on Amazon. Shares of other tech companies, including Facebook, Netflix, and Google's Alphabet, followed Amazon as it dropped after Trump tweeted that "only fools, or worse, are saying that our money-losing Post Office makes money with Amazon," CNBC reports.

^ Supports the 1%

Once again people are attaching the day-to-day machinations of the stock market to politicians and politics.

How is it proper and even legal for a sitting president to call out a private company in order to hurt its value? This....so called....president abuses his power nearly on a daily basis.
I don't care about Amazon, but I don't agree with this attack against a military contractor:

Is trump trying to crash our economy? Maybe his pal Putin has given him new orders?

The F-35 is an unneeded financial black hole. That money could have been better spent upgrading exiting weapons platforms with a proven combat record.

Is trump trying to crash our economy? Maybe his pal Putin has given him new orders?
Nah he could have told every business owner in the country "You didn't build that".

You know, part of it was because Trump badmouthed Amazon, but the main drop was because today China decided to impose tariffs on around 128 American goods. If they keep up with the tariffs, expect the stock market to keep dropping.

China hits the United States with tariffs on $3 billion of exports

China's commerce and finance ministries said in statements late Sunday that authorities are imposing tariffs of 15% on 120 American products — such as fruits, nuts, wine and steel pipes — and 25% on eight other products, including pork and recycled aluminum.

Those products make up just a tiny portion of the hundreds of billions of dollars of goods shipped between the two countries each year. But the tariffs are alarming news for the affected industries.

The US National Pork Producers Council warned last month that the measures would "have a significant negative impact on rural America." It said the US pork industry sold $1.1 billion worth of products to China last year, making it the third largest export market.

You know, part of it was because Trump badmouthed Amazon, but the main drop was because today China decided to impose tariffs on around 128 American goods. If they keep up with the tariffs, expect the stock market to keep dropping.

China hits the United States with tariffs on $3 billion of exports

China's commerce and finance ministries said in statements late Sunday that authorities are imposing tariffs of 15% on 120 American products — such as fruits, nuts, wine and steel pipes — and 25% on eight other products, including pork and recycled aluminum.

Those products make up just a tiny portion of the hundreds of billions of dollars of goods shipped between the two countries each year. But the tariffs are alarming news for the affected industries.

The US National Pork Producers Council warned last month that the measures would "have a significant negative impact on rural America." It said the US pork industry sold $1.1 billion worth of products to China last year, making it the third largest export market.

This is going to hurt farmers and many of the people who voted for trump. If he continues to be stupid and hits China with more tariffs....they will hit us harder. The war is just beginning....thanks orange king

Forum List

Back