Oklahoma’s Superintendent of “Education” will require Bible Study in all Public schools.

Also, there's no reason a school can't have a Bible in every classroom, but then expect religious books from every other faith too.
Yup. Fine with me. Are you sure that’s what you people want?

The Bible along with the Quran, Satanic Bible, Pastafarian Commandments, etc.

You people always seem so incredibly short-sighted about putting Christianity in school. Assuming it holds up in the courts, it’s going to have the exact consequence you describe, which is fine with me. Is it ok with you?

Yup. Fine with me. Are you sure that’s what you people want?

The Bible along with the Quran, Satanic Bible, Flying Spaghetti Monster, etc.

You people always seem so incredibly short-sighted about putting Christianity in school. Assuming it holds up in the courts, it’s going to have the exact consequence you describe, which is fine with me. Is it ok with you?

I don't know who you're talking about. If you go look at my comments on the 10 Commandments you'll see me arguing with several fellow conservatives. First, I think it's frankly stupid to post them in schools. What's the purpose? Second, it may be unconstitutional, but I think without Chevron, Congress might have to get involved. I don't know.

I don't know who you're talking about. If you go look at my comments on the 10 Commandments you'll see me arguing with several fellow conservatives. First, I think it's frankly stupid to post them in schools. What's the purpose? Second, it may be unconstitutional, but I think without Chevron, Congress might have to get involved. I don't know.
I’m talking about your fellow conservatives being incredibly short-sighted.

Putting God in schools sounds great to them because they’re too stupid to realize that God will be joined by Allah, Satan, and the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Fine with me. Are they sure that’s what they want?

I’m talking about your fellow conservatives being incredibly short-sighted.

Putting God in schools sounds great to them because they’re too stupid to realize that God will be joined by Allah, Satan, and the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Fine with me. Are they sure that’s what they want?

Well, I am telling you that maybe now that Chevron's gone, the states can do this until it crosses a very bright constitutional line. There are court rulings saying that religious matters can be addressed in school as part of curriculum, as long as it's not presented as protolyzing and it's fair. I would presume those previous rulings would be enough to quell the OK State Supt, but I'm not sure anymore. I mean, I'm not a lawyer and I don't pretend to be an expert on things I'm not. Imagine that on a message board

Well, I am telling you that maybe now that Chevron's gone, the states can do this until it crosses a very bright constitutional line. There are court rulings saying that religious matters can be addressed in school as part of curriculum, as long as it's not presented as protolyzing and it's fair. I would presume those previous rulings would be enough to quell the OK State Supt, but I'm not sure anymore. I mean, I'm not a lawyer and I don't pretend to be an expert on things I'm not. Imagine that on a message board
We’ll see. I think we both expect to see some goofy deities displayed right next to Jesus. If that’s what your fellow conservatives want, sounds good to me.

We’ll see. I think we both expect to see some goofy deities displayed right next to Jesus. If that’s what your fellow conservatives want, sounds good to me.

A lot of my fellow conservatives are frankly generationally pissed off. This is what happens in a cultural earthquake like we're seeing now. Not just political. Cultural.

A lot of my fellow conservatives are frankly generationally pissed off. This is what happens in a cultural earthquake like we're seeing now. Not just political. Cultural.
I hope the teachings of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, next to the Bible, cheers them up.

Forum List

Back